Season-End A10 Awards

WeBsTa03

For what it is worth i just saw Mike McCall post of FB "S/O 2 my bro Jordai Glendas Boi Jett on winning A10 Player of the Year! Keep going bro." This is awesome if this is true. Chaz who? lol #GoBills #A10Champs #StartedFromTheBottomNowWeAreHere

-from A10 site..

2013-14 Atlantic 10 Men’s Basketball Awards

Player of the Year: Jordair Jett, Saint Louis

Defensive Player of the Year: Briante Weber, VCU

Co-Rookies of the Year: DeAndre’ Bembry, Saint Joseph’s; E.C. Matthews, Rhode Island

Chris Daniels Most Improved Player: Kevin Larsen, George Washington

Sixth Man Award: Melvin Johnson, VCU

Coach of the Year: Jim Crews

First Team All-Conference

Chaz Williams, UMass

Langston Galloway, Saint Joseph's

Dwayne Evans, Saint Louis

Jordair Jett, Saint Louis

Treveon Graham, VCU

Second Team All-Conference

Isaiah Armwood, George Washington

Tyreek Duren, LaSalle

Kendall Anthony, Richmond

Halil Kanacevic, Saint Joseph's

Juvonte Reddic, VCU

Third Team All-Conference

Devin Oliver, Dayton

Ovie Soko, Duquesne

Maurice Creek, George Washington

Patricio Garino, George Washington

Ronald Roberts, Jr., Saint Joseph's

All-Academic Team

John Kopriva, George Washington

Nemanja Mikic, George Washington

Gilvydas Biruta, Rhode Island

Dwayne Evans, Saint Louis

Jake Barnett, Saint Louis

All-Defensive Team

Isaiah Armwood, George Washington

Patricio Garino, George Washington

Steve Zack, LaSalle

Jordair Jett, Saint Louis

Briante Weber, VCU

All-Rookie Team

Jon Severe, Fordham

Jalen Jenkins, George Mason

Hassan Martin, Rhode Island

E.C. Matthews, Rhode Island

DeAndre’ Bembry, Saint Joseph's

-Congratulations to the Billikens!!!! well deserved
-screw you to the coaches for not getting RL and MM on here somewhere (you tell me the coaches can't see the value of RL to the first place team and who of their players wanted to be guarded by MM???)
-mods, can you change the thread name to remove question mark?

A little disappointed McCall didn't make the All-Defense team and that Loe didn't crack the 3rd team, but otherwise thrilled. Jordair the POY and All-Defensive team, Crews COY, Evans 1st Team All A-10 for the 2nd time while adding All Academic team. Jake getting in on the act by getting on the All-Academic team too. That's pretty good all around.

Fantastic! Well deserved. Only disappointment is MM deserved a spot on the D team, and RL at least should have been a third teamer. He did a lot that went unnoticed and made some very critical plays all season. JC a surprise, and as Box pointed out JB must be a Rhodes Scholar, or else the A-10 is populated by a bunch of dumb jocks.

No respect for Mike and Rob. Just a little extra motivation for the post season. Mike deserves to be on the defensive team. Rob should have been no worse than second team.

Agreed...I'm surprised that Garino made the All-Defensive Team. I've seen him play a half dozen times this season and while he is a good defender, I don't think he's All-Conference.

REALLY surprised that Crews won COY...Lonergan from GW did a pretty damn good job. They were picked to finish 10th and finished 3rd...

I love Jett and always thought he had potential to win this award, going back to soph. year. He deserves it. But in terms of defense, McCall is better. Jett at 100% is pretty amazing, but he often takes huge risks in the passing lanes and leaves his man all alone to help out. McCall is just so solid out there, borderline spectacular at ball denial, help space, and locking down whoever he's up against.

Jordair was better as a soph, and maybe even as a junior. But McCall has been absolutely amazing this year, and hasn't let periodic offensive struggles affect his D one bit.

I love Jett and always thought he had potential to win this award, going back to soph. year. He deserves it. But in terms of defense, McCall is better. Jett at 100% is pretty amazing, but he often takes huge risks in the passing lanes and leaves his man all alone to help out. McCall is just so solid out there, borderline spectacular at ball denial, help space, and locking down whoever he's up against.

Jordair was better as a soph, and maybe even as a junior. But McCall has been absolutely amazing this year, and hasn't let periodic offensive struggles affect his D one bit.

+1