Jordair @ stlmag.com

ThomasCrone

Very nice. Thanks, Thomas.

ESPN on campus? Details, please!

Yeah I'm curious as well. That VCU game is on the 1st. Wonder if they have something during pre-game or halftime? I can't recall if they do things like that during the back to back to back to back games on Saturdays. Maybe a segment during college game day? That would be pretty cool.

I'd guess is that it would play along the lines of "Coach Majerus predicted excellence for this group, but he wasn't able to see that come to fruition." Again, that's an educated guess. In a lot of respects, that kind of story works well for short-form television, with a storyline that has evident, built-in emotional tugs.

That said, for all I know, it could wind up "A Day in the Life of Royce Simpson."

TC

Cusamano compares JJ to Quinn Buckner -- interesting choice. I think JJ is better by far at taking it to the rack, and his vertical is far superior to QB. Buckner was a tremendous leader and he also could have played pro football. Buckner was also surrounded by almost unbelievable teammates, but JJ has some good ones too.

I've actually been racking my brains trying to think of a past player like JJ. I think JJ is unique: body wise he still reminds me most of Steven Jackson the ex-Ram!! But in basketball?? Hard to compare him to anyone, he just has his own game.

Cusamano compares JJ to Quinn Buckner -- interesting choice. I think JJ is better by far at taking it to the rack, and his vertical is far superior to QB. Buckner was a tremendous leader and he also could have played pro football. Buckner was also surrounded by almost unbelievable teammates, but JJ has some good ones too.

I've actually been racking my brains trying to think of a past player like JJ. I think JJ is unique: body wise he still reminds me most of Steven Jackson the ex-Ram!! But in basketball?? Hard to compare him to anyone, he just has his own game.

I've never seen a player like Jett. Not sure who to compare him too. K-State had a player last year, who Majerus recruited for us, named Irving. He was built a bit like JJ, but not the same explosive ability that JJ has. Not only does JJ have a unique football build for a guard, but, I've never seen a right-handed player shoot with his left as often. I think I remember hearing or reading that JJ hurt his right-hand in high school and took the opportunity to get really good shooting with his left. It is a very unusual skill, especially for a guard.

Jett reminds me of a basketball version of Ray Lankford, my all time favorite player. Both football players with a compact, powerful build and surprising speed in addition to the power. Lankford was a five tool threat whose only real weakness was an inability to make consistent contact; Jett is also an all-around threat whose only real weakness is an inability to hit outside shots consistently. Lankford could hit at the top of the lineup with his on base skills and speed, but also in the middle of the lineup with his power and run production. Jett handles the ball like a point guard but is a major scoring threat and rebounding presence as well. Lankford was a running back in community college but looked like he could've been a tailback too.

yea that inability to make consistent contact has held a lot of folks back in baseball.

Not really. Reggie Jackson, Babe Ruth, Willie Stargell, Mike Schmidt, and Mark McGwire (to name just a few) had pretty awesome major league careers in spite of suffering from that very weakness.

Dude's Birth Certificate reads: Jordair Jett. That says it all.

Also Schork does not get enough credit from us. SLU players are in so much better shape these days.