GDT VS Gimmick

UpperdeckKid

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Backhand is ignored. He's been warned as well to not attempt to threaten me with a fist or anything else. Little guys with about 3 inches do that when behind a keyboard. Very easy to be scary behind a keyboard. Not so much in my face in person. Pav is the biggest fan I can remember for any sport. There were 4 vans at 16 hours getting there 15 mins before game time. If that doesn't garner respect, nothing will.

How about I hug you with my fists?

Jim, what's this world coming to? An outsider comes on here for about two days and he wants to dictate how we decorate our forum. Unbelievable.

he can post anything he wants here after Sign Man gets his $100 maintenance fee check. running a board before your brilliant input ain't cheap. Post all you want after check clears.

I finally took a look at the VCU board. Some good fans there, many thought they would be lose, but also the usual collection of homers and haters. They really have a mancrush on this Pav guy. They have a strong hate (not HATE) forour board over there. Also, they really hate Cody Ellis for some reason. I guess they are prejudiced against people with blue hair. Several describe watching us is like watching paint dry. Haha! And of course, they say Jett is overrated... they said it BEFORE the game.

They get a big man-crush on our past players and always compare them to our now players. Standard bogus back and forth. I'm tired of hearing about Rolando Lamb and Joey Rod vs Bri and Jequan. Nothing to see there. It is civil, however, and that means something. Very few even bothered to have a look at your board. They are too self-absorbed to venture out this far.

Pav is a VCU legend. Period. You guys should find one that isn't a running fuzzy bird on the floor.

Why put him up for me to see. He can SMB's and then spend the night in a Brooklyn ICU, and I'll even leave his fists intact so he can blow his nose.

I know backhand personally..we once put three Dayton fans into the emergency room at Saint Louis University hospital when they tried to sucker punch the Billiken. He is an animal but does have issues with roid rage from time to time. If I were u I wouldn't threaten to put him in the ICU in Brooklyn. He travels to New York a lot for work so be careful.

Show up at the Stu and you'll find the friendliest fans anywhere. Show up at RIC and you get to watch red sweaters and blue hair. We'll take opponents for beers after the game anytime. Our place is a nice place for anyone to see a game and you won't get smacked-down during or after the game. I found that LaSalle's fans even after a brutal loss were awesome and we showed up 1/4 of the place. No craziness in the stands, bathrooms or anywhere after the gam. There are places you wanna go (never Temple or ODU) and other places where respect is in the equation. If I could buy you beers after our next game win or loss, my wallet would be open. Props to fans who travel to show up. That's a big deal for us seeing folks come a long way to be there for their team.

Have you been to games in the Stu and RIC in person?

Don't act all high and mighty. My personal experience with VCU fans in Brooklyn last year was TERRIBLE! Almost as bad as X fans. Belligerent, arrogant, and as foul-mouthed as you say we are. Plus, it really turned me off the way your band/student section purposefully drowned out our cheerleaders during tv timeouts. That's bush league...just like your gimmick HAVOC defense plastered everywhere. Obviously that doesn't mean all VCU fans are like this (you are tolerable), however, it really made me a bit sour towards your fanbase in general. I met your band leader, Ryan something-or-other, after the game and he seemed like a nice dude.

Don't act all high and mighty. My personal experience with VCU fans in Brooklyn last year was TERRIBLE! Almost as bad as X fans. Belligerent, arrogant, and as foul-mouthed as you say we are. Plus, it really turned me off the way your band/student section purposefully drowned out our cheerleaders during tv timeouts. That's bush league...just like your gimmick HAVOC defense plastered everywhere. Obviously that doesn't mean all VCU fans are like this (you are tolerable), however, it really made me a bit sour towards your fanbase. I met your band leader, Ryan something-or-other, after the game and he seemed like a nice dude.

Are you a Billiken or a BC fan? Our band is there for just that reason. Name another BB band that has ever been featured on Good Morning America. They rock!!! Who else can put that hammer down even before the game starts. The place was 3/4 empty. Imaging having to go against that with 7500 fans. Ryan is awesome. Glad you got to meet him. VCU didn't wanna pay him this year, he quit, the Nation went bezerk and he got his money. If you're BC, you got just a little glimpse of what HAVOC is. We pretty much were still sucking then.

I thoroghly enjoyed the K State fans. They showed in force. St Johns were lame. No one showed. I could hear the squeaks of the shoes from a Lux Box way up.

Drank with K State fans after. They were fun and they all stayed for VCU.

We showed up in force, the Peppas rocked and shook up BC, and Bri dancing with the Peppas was priceless.

Great game after watching the paint dry from 1PM till 8PM.

Are you a Billiken or a BC fan? Our band is there for just that reason. Name another BB band that has ever been featured on Good Morning America. They rock!!! Who else can put that hammer down even before the game starts. The place was 3/4 empty. Imaging having to go against that with 7500 fans. Ryan is awesome. Glad you got to meet him. VCU didn't wanna pay him this year, he quit, the Nation went bezerk and he got his money. If you're BC, you got just a little glimpse of what HAVOC is. We pretty much were still sucking then.

I thoroghly enjoyed the K State fans. They showed in force. St Johns were lame. No one showed. I could hear the squeaks of the shoes from a Lux Box way up.

Drank with K State fans after. They were fun and they all stayed for VCU.

We showed up in force, the Peppas rocked and shook up BC, and Bri dancing with the Peppas was priceless.

Great game after watching the paint dry from 1PM till 8PM.

I'm talking about the A-10 Championship last year...I never said your band wasn't good...it certainly is. Very energetic, powerful, and amped up (literally...which was kind of annoying. Amps...really?! It's basketball). Brooklyn was practically sold out...and like I said, they purposefully played Jeopardy music and the Jaws theme while our cheerleaders were performing for those in attendance. That is rude and bush league, but I can deal with that...just don't get upset when we are rude back.

I love when opposing teams say "Well, if we would have shot our normal percentage, we would have won."

How many teams have had the worst shooting game of the season against SLU? 5? Awfully coincidental...

Agree... our "D" alters their shots and %'s go down, and they say they had a bad night. They do not get it.

As someone said earlier, a "gimmick" is something done to draw extra attention. We're not saying that "havoc" doesn't work. We're just saying it's a gimmick. It doesn't work well against everyone. But it works against teams that don't have multiple guys who can handle the ball. Either way, it's still a gimmick

Gimmick or no gimmick you can't argue that the way VCU plays has led the country in steals and turnovers forced 4 years in a row. It works better on some teams just like any other gameplan.

VCU is 11th in the A10 in FG% (awful) and 1st in PPG so the extra possessions benefit the team. I like watching "HAVOC" but I'd rather see us making it passed the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. The teams that make it passed the 2nd round are teams that are good at handling the ball. That is a problem if your whole gameplan is to score off of turnovers.

Havoc isn't perfect but it works most of the time.

As someone said earlier, a "gimmick" is something done to draw extra attention. We're not saying that "havoc" doesn't work. We're just saying it's a gimmick. It doesn't work well against everyone. But it works against teams that don't have multiple guys who can handle the ball. Either way, it's still a gimmick

It's really just the name of Shaka's system. The media grabbed a hold of it after the Final Four run. It also works well for marketing.

Gimmick or no gimmick you can't argue that the way VCU plays has led the country in steals and turnovers forced 4 years in a row. It works better on some teams just like any other gameplan.

VCU is 11th in the A10 in FG% (awful) and 1st in PPG so the extra possessions benefit the team. I like watching "HAVOC" but I'd rather see us making it passed the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. The teams that make it passed the 2nd round are teams that are good at handling the ball. That is a problem if your whole gameplan is to score off of turnovers.

Havoc isn't perfect but it works most of the time.

Very few folks on opposing boards actually understand HAVOC Swifty.They always call it a gimmick until their guy is on the floor watching Bri tomahawk one and we get our usual 15 plus turnovers. We got what we wanted Saturday on D. Just not the shooting. Missed a lot of open 3's and Ju couldn't put it in. It's pretty much a waste of time to tell anyone on any board that HAVOC is a system that works if you have the athletes to run it for 40 minutes. Very few can get the guys to pull that off.

Very few folks on opposing boards actually understand HAVOC Swifty.They always call it a gimmick until their guy is on the floor watching Bri tomahawk one and we get our usual 15 plus turnovers. We got what we wanted Saturday on D. Just not the shooting. Missed a lot of open 3's and Ju couldn't put it in. It's pretty much a waste of time to tell anyone on any board that HAVOC is a system that works if you have the athletes to run it for 40 minutes. Very few can get the guys to pull that off.

Here you guys go: vcuramnation.com