Piped in music

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay in moderation.

This was way too much.

If you can't get into an OT win, then GTFO.

Seriously, the band has gotten us through the darkest years in the program's history - they are part of the show - it's extremely disrespectful to them to step on their toes like that.

Seriously, the band has gotten us through the darkest years in the program's history - they are part of the show - it's extremely disrespectful to them to step on their toes like that.

It's not disrespectful. The band got plenty of airtime

Okay in moderation.

This was way too much.

If you can't get into an OT win, then GTFO.

You know what? I want whatever gets the crowd going the most.

For the first time this season I feel like Chaifetz was really rocking.

It's not disrespectful. The band got plenty of airtime

I'll defer to the band on that. But I know my wife and I were rolling our eyes at the dumbing down of the Billiken experience.

The place was rocking because of the intense game, not because of the piped in music. It was rocking last year against Rhode Island - even though we lost that game - it was a ridiculous atmosphere.

I'm all for busting out a little Jump Around or Kernkraft 400 at pivotal junctures - but today they were overtly going to it way more than ever before, and I didn't care for it.

The crowd was more into it during the S-A-I-N-T L-O-U-I-S duing a 2nd half timeout than at any other timeout of the game.

Real musicians > a DJ.

I heard it on tv and thought it was a nice change of pace and it sounded like the students liked it. I love the band but I also love a legitimate college basketball atmosphere. Rowdier students = better atmosphere. I watch big time programs on tv all the time and they seem to mix in music for their students and those students seem a lot more into the games than ours. Maybe a change of this sort is good. Anything to get the students to enjoy themselves and want to come back for more. The team should be enough for that but this is SLU.

I heard it on tv and thought it was a nice change of pace and it sounded like the students liked it. I love the band but I also love a legitimate college basketball atmosphere. Rowdier students = better atmosphere. I watch big time programs on tv all the time and they seem to mix in music for their students and those students seem a lot more into the games than ours. Maybe a change of this sort is good. Anything to get the students to enjoy themselves and want to come back for more. The team should be enough for that but this is SLU.

I agree. Having the piped in music along with the band could be a good thing, they just have to figure out the right balance.

a nice change of pace from what? Commercials?

Why weren't you at the game?

[immature baseless put down withdrawn]

If the majority of people who were at the game genuinely didn't think it was overcooked, then fine - I'll agree to disagree and stand down.

Again...we used to play Gary Glitter at the Kiel before every game - that was awesome. I'm not against blending piped in music - especially if it's GOOD MUSIC (regardless of genre) - with the band, but it needs to flow naturally - i.e. don't play 10 seconds of random crap between the whistle that triggers a TV timeout and the start of a sponsored segment/longtime season ticket holder recognition.

Can you even see the band from your seats?

Not sure if this is directed at me or not...are there seats that cannot see the band?

I specifically sit in seats that are close to the band. They are part of the experience for me. It's what separates college sports from the dumbed down overproduced bull**** that gets served up during breaks at professional sporting events.

This is college basketball, not the freaking NBA. I cannot believe some of you are even suggesting that playing garbage on the speakers is "better for the atmosphere" than the band. Unbelievable.

And of course the fans got into it. But that's because it was a close game and went to overtime, not because of a few crappy songs that they interrupted the band with.

Not sure if this is directed at me or not...are there seats that cannot see the band?

I specifically sit in seats that are close to the band. They are part of the experience for me. It's what separates college sports from the dumbed down overproduced bull**** that gets served up during breaks at professional sporting events.

Duff, I understand where you're coming from but you got really high and mighty really quick and it turned me off your posts in this thread...