Piped in music

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having both the band and piped in music enhances the experience. I'm sorry but when we need a defensive stop the last thing I want to hear is the band playing Jesus Christ superstar and this is coming from an "adult"

Hahahahahah

Having both the band and piped in music enhances the experience. I'm sorry but when we need a defensive stop the last thing I want to hear is the band playing Jesus Christ superstar and this is coming from an "adult"

Well..... ;)

Duff, I understand where you're coming from but you got really high and mighty really quick and it turned me off your posts in this thread...

says the guy who went apeshit on the officials 8 minutes into the game for not bailing out Mike Crawford after Crawford elected to dribble into a swarm of defenders instead of finding Jett open on the wing. ;)

I went to the game with my friend and we disagree in this one. She did not like the piped music, I did.

Depends how they do the piped music and what piped music is selected. Watched a Arizona game in Tucson last week and they had a comeback against Utah, the piped music really had that place jumping.

I often wondered, if we became thee hottest ticket in town (wishful thinking) would they limit the size band to bring in more revenue.

Duff, I understand where you're coming from but you got really high and mighty really quick and it turned me off your posts in this thread...

+1...the 'adult' is not worth responding to. I had a post up but the mods took it down. Probably a good thing.

+1...the 'adult' is not worth responding to. I had a post up but the mods took it down. Probably a good thing.

I withdraw the adult comment. I was worked up and that was over the line.

Without implying you are less of a fan for not attending the game, I genuinely would like to know why you choose to watch the game on TV instead of attending the game?

Also, while I will maintain this debate should center around the in-game experience rather than the fractions that make it to the broadcast, it was disrespectful to dismiss your comment that it played well on TV. It was a relevant and positive observation.

I'm on team “nice balance between band and upbeat music.”

It most definitely picked up the crowd...in fact there was actually a moment during one of the breaks where the jams started...people started bouncing and then it suddenly switched to a Guy Phillips commercial...ugh.

I think some of the transitions and balance needs to be fine tuned, but for the most part it was a nice change of pace.

Since we are on the subject of atmosphere, the commercials and promos during breaks are completely deflating.

Maybe they could limit these to the first half, then for the second half (or maybe last ten minutes) focus on upbeat music and keeping the crowd enthusiastic. The people who complain about the upbeat music are likely the same folks that want you to sit down in your seats during tense moments in the game.

I'm on team nice balance between band and upbeat music.

It most definitely picked up the crowd...in fact there was actually a moment during one of the breaks where the jams started...people started bouncing and then it suddenly switched to a Guy Phillips commercial...ugh.

I think some of the transitions and balance needs to be fine tuned, but for the most part it was a nice change of pace.

Since we are on the subject of atmosphere, the commercials and promos during breaks are completely deflating.

Maybe they could limit these to the first half, then for the second half (or maybe last ten minutes) focus on upbeat music and keeping the crowd enthusiastic. The people who complain about the upbeat music are likely the same folks that want you to sit down in your seats during tense moments in the game.

I had a guy tell me to sit down in the first half when I was standing so I could see over the late arriving crowd....

I dislike the piped in music. The fans were into the game today because we weren't up 20 the entire time. The band is part of the experience. Not cool to cut their usage today.

It's a terrible idea. It won't keep me from games, but it's a terrible idea nonetheless. It was terrible when they've done it before, it still is, and probably always will be. Makes me wanna spit on Ernie Hays' grave when I hear that garbage after early pregame warmups. Leave that crap to those schools less fortunate than ours.

It's a terrible idea. It won't keep me from games, but it's a terrible idea nonetheless. It was terrible when they've done it before, it still is, and probably always will be. Makes me wanna spit on Ernie Hays' grave when I hear that garbage after early pregame warmups. Leave that crap to those schools less fortunate than ours.

Yeah, you're right...nothing get the crowd jumping like a rousing rendition of “Jesus Christ Superstar.”

All snarky-ness aside, I love the band, they are one of SLU’s cherished gems…but you cannot ignore the power of some appropriately placed Tag Team or Gary Glitter. If you want crowds that are not dominated by the AARP members it is a necessity to cater to the younger generations.

Hey, we won the game. It is fun to argue about stupid stuff after we win.

The one thing to take from this is someone fun the AD is listening and trying to do somethings to improve the game day experience. They deserve credit for that.

But are they listening to the season ticket holder that goes to games against directional state, or the groupon crowd that wants homogeneous jock jams experience to "get pumped up"?

But are they listening to the season ticket holder that goes to games against directional state, or the groupon crowd that wants homogeneous jock jams experience to "get pumped up"?

They don't need to listen to people that have been going to the games for 20 years. We are going to go anyway. They are trying to find a way to keep the students engaged and to keep the fans that are just now coming to the games.