Piped in music

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing both is fine. The band is very good and entertaining. But they don't really have songs that can get people pumped up and more importantly keep people pumped up.

That's just not accurate.

When the Bills Come Marching In - specifically the S-A-I-N-T L-O-U-I-S - when timed appropriately (as it was yesterday) is the rare song (band or piped in) that keeps fans on their feet and cheering through the timeout. If you were at the Fieldhouse during any number of big games in the previous 2 years, you know how awesome that very basic cheer can be when the crowd plays along.

Clearly some people like the music and want more. I respect that.

Clearly some of the band members feel like it's stepping on their toes. We should respect that too.

The solution is that the DJ needs to essentially be an extension of the band. You can't have 2 captains on 1 ship.

That's just not accurate.

When the Bills Come Marching In - specifically the S-A-I-N-T L-O-U-I-S - when timed appropriately (as it was yesterday) is the rare song (band or piped in) that keeps fans on their feet and cheering through the timeout. If you were at the Fieldhouse during any number of big games in the previous 2 years, you know how awesome that very basic cheer can be when the crowd plays along.

Clearly some people like the music and want more. I respect that.

Clearly some of the band members feel like it's stepping on their toes. We should respect that too.

The solution is that the DJ needs to essentially be an extension of the band. You can't have 2 captains on 1 ship.

I'll agree with that. But unless the band plays that at every time out then we need the music too

That song can certainly be a tonic. Several ex-Band members did the music at my old man's (SLU prof for 35 years and fan for more than 40) funeral and surprised me by playing it for the recessional. The musicians skipped the S-A-I-N-T part, but I'm guessing the couple in the skybox yelled it after doubling the tune on their harps.

Does this one fall in the "we'll gripe about anything" category?

Definitely falls into the #14gamewinningstreakproblemz category. Had we lost the game, I think more people would be griping about blown transition opportunities and uncontested 3pt attempts allowed.

Still, this is a legitimate gripe - along the lines of griping about PA announcer can't get the names right of our own star players. You attend hundred of games as most of us have, you have a right to speak up when they make a change that you find annoying.