Lunardi's Latest Projection

He has the Bills as a 7 seed playing OREGON of all teams, in Buffalo. Would play 2 seed Nova in the second round. He had the Bills as a 7 seed last week as well.

I'm guessing he's projecting at least 4 more losses for us, if not he's full of it. if the season ended right now and we were a 7th seed it's a crock.

Here is today's: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

I can go to Buffalo! I'd take a second round with 'Nova. i think they are drastically overrated because they are the best in a weak new Big East.

Umass dropping but still sent to Spokane as a 5. GeeDub up to a 10 in Raleigh against UCLA. Nice -- VCU a 10 against Xavier in Orlando. With Dayton now dropping out in last four out. Sorry, SVU does not belong here. Another preseason national championship for their fans.

If he's projecting another 4 losses that's reasonable. But I also think a lot of other teams ranked above us are facing similar fates. Look at Wisconsin w/ 3 straight losses. And to think teams like UMass, OSU, OK, ISU, etc aren't going to lose a couple they shouldn't is kind of short sighted. The only teams that appear ready to hold onto their current positions or better them are MSU, AZ, WSU, Louisville, and possibly Nova because the new Beast is basically a two trick pony. God, I hope we can escape Oregon, not because they beat us, but that Jimbo's eyeballs will pop out of their sockets if he has to watch those OU babes strutting their stuff at center court.

Here's a weird question: If Wichita State runs the table, I think it's safe to say they'll lock up a 1-seed. Maybe even with 1 loss.

But will they be ineligible to play at St. Louis because of the Valley Tournament?

Here's a weird question: If Wichita State runs the table, I think it's safe to say they'll lock up a 1-seed. Maybe even with 1 loss.

But will they be ineligible to play at St. Louis because of the Valley Tournament?

I think you are allowed 3 games in a site. 4 is too many. They will have only played the 3 in the MVC tourney so they should be good.

No, they will not be ineligible (they can play in St. Louis). The rule is you cannot play in a place where you played 4 or more games but conference tournaments are officially excepted. From the NCAA.org:

A team will not be permitted to play in any facility in which it has played more than three games during its season, not including conference post-season tournaments.

I believe the Missouri Valley Conference is the sponsor for the St. Louis regional. If this is so, they would be ineligible.

I believe the Missouri Valley Conference is the sponsor for the St. Louis regional. If this is so, they would be ineligible.

I thought this was just if the school was the sponsor, not the conference. Panel?

Thanks, all three of you, for the info. I wasn't sure if the limit was 3 or 4.

Our resume is unfortunately not that impressive yet. 7-0 on the road will carry some weight though. Just keep winning and we'll pick up enough quality wins.

You seem to be answering a different question.

• 2 weeks later...

Where are my boys that call bullshat? I guess th epolls don't matter but Texas, Wisconsin, Iowa State, Oklahoma, UCLA, Okie State and others all with similar seeds or higher. They could, things could chnage but not right now. At least he gave Wichita State a #1 over Michigan State and/or Kansas.

A long way to go. One down, eight more til Brooklyn.

Like being in the SO I can make Memphis for the sweet 16. Dislike, Wolverines are playing good ball recently. That would be a toughie. Definitely winnable but a nail biter. As for the rest of the South, I don't see anything too daunting until we'd get to FL. Of course, I know very little about ASU. But it's all moot at this point. Selection Sunday tells the tale, but before we get to that, I'm only thinking about taking care of LaSalle.

Lunardi was asked what he thought of SLU after seeing them in person. His comment was to the effect that they are very good defensively and offense is good enough. However he keeps them at a 6 seed level because they "have no sub 50 RPI wins". When we beat Dayton they were a sub fifty team, it has taken them a few weeks to recover from our whipping them. St. Joe's could become sub 50, Richmond probably will not now. It Makes our VCU and UMASS games that much more important.

It is imperative that we win multiple games against vcu, umass, and GW. If we don't, the poor record against rpi top 50 will be the only excuse the committee needs to throw us an 8 seed.

I would think we'd finish at least 2-2 in our 4 regular season games against those squads. If somehow Dayton, St. Joe, and/or Indiana State could slip into the Top 50 (particularly Dayton since we play them twice), we could still end up with 5 or 6 top 50 wins.