Bills by 9 over RI

The Wiz

Did you like the Yale game? Well, prepare for Yale 2 away. Rhode Island ( C ) is pretty much the same as Yale, numbers wise. This game will be like playing Yale in New Haven.

Here is what we need to do to win......

RI's 3pt % shooting is about the same as Yale (slightly below average)....so I am going to use the same #'s as last time....Hold them to 12 three pt att....2 or 3 made....22% from the arc. Their 3 pt guy is Munford (actually he is their go to guy overall..ave 15pts/gm)...so we need to focus on him.

Basically, we need to do what we did against Yale. For those of you that were worried about Yale, you need to be worried about RI. For the rest of us, we will anticipate the 5th best start in Bills history with a win over RI.

Random Stats.......

3pt D

......Made by opp....3rd in nation

......3pt %................3rd in nation

......3pt att................25th in nation

17.8 pts/gm...winning margin at home

Highest single game 3pt shooting ave (47.8%) since 2/9/13 against Richmond (47.8%)

We alway win when.....

we score at least 75 (7-0)

we hold the opp to 55 (7-0) ...hmm...75 & 55 ...that looks familiar

we shoot at least 46.2% (6-0)

we hold the opp to 43.5% (11-0)

This is 8th best start in Bills history and the best isince 1993-94

Sometimes, we overlook the fact of how good we really are. (I would say this is true the last 3 Januarys)

Did you like the Yale game? Well, prepare for Yale 2 away. Rhode Island ( C ) is pretty much the same as Yale, numbers wise. This game will be like playing Yale in New Haven.

Here is what we need to do to win......

RI's 3pt % shooting is about the same as Yale (slightly below average)....so I am going to use the same #'s as last time....Hold them to 12 three pt att....2 or 3 made....22% from the arc. Their 3 pt guy is Munford (actually he is their go to guy overall..ave 15pts/gm)...so we need to focus on him.

Basically, we need to do what we did against Yale. For those of you that were worried about Yale, you need to be worried about RI. For the rest of us, we will anticipate the 5th best start in Bills history with a win over RI.

Random Stats.......

3pt D

......Made by opp....3rd in nation

......3pt %................3rd in nation

......3pt att................25th in nation

17.8 pts/gm...winning margin at home

Highest single game 3pt shooting ave (47.8%) since 2/9/13 against Richmond (47.8%)

We alway win when.....

we score at least 75 (7-0)

we hold the opp to 55 (7-0) ...hmm...75 & 55 ...that looks familiar

we shoot at least 46.2% (6-0)

we hold the opp to 43.5% (11-0)

This is 8th best start in Bills history and the best isince 1993-94

Sometimes, we overlook the fact of how good we really are. (I would say this is true the last 3 Januarys)

Wiz has us winning by 9?? That means this is gonna be a nail biter.

For this particular game, I think your prediction needs to incorporate some sort of "Rhody Factor" to reflect five consecutive years of losses to these guys.

I agree. I'm all for computers but if the Vegas spread is hovering around 9 come game time I know which direction I'd go. In fact, I'd look for the money-line bet given our history with them.

Wiz any special circumstances

Regarding their win at LSU, ie injured

Player for LSU or return of injured player

For RI or addition of newly eligible player?

Well the simple answer was that they had a good night shooting 3's at 44% vs about 31%.....this translates into 2 extra 3's and there's your game.

LSU had a number of chances to go ahead in the final couple of minutes and couldn't hit anything.....with just seconds left LSU fouled RI who made a couple of FTs to ice the game.

And finally, their 2 best players had career nights....Biruta 19pt ..61% overall 2-2 3pt...14 reb----Matthews...21pts...50% overall...2-3 3pt....9 reb

This just isn't going to happen to the Bills....one of the top D's in the nation. LSU is a good team ( B+ 1st team out...and this loss is not going to help) but the Bills are a better team. A great win for RI but it doesn't change the fact that they are still a C team. Could they win the lottery twice in a row....it's possible ....but unlikely especially against the Bills.

Bottomline...if we play D we win.

Sometimes, we overlook the fact of how good we really are.

Essentially what I have been posting in a different thread, but analyzed to player level. RI is not about to repeat this performance against us.

Looking at theTeam Rankings site shows the ranking (theirs) of the 9 opponents against which Rhode Island has won. 6 of these defeated opponents were schools rated int he 300s, RI won two games against schools rated in the 200s: McNeese (#261) and Brown (#233). RI has won only one game against a reasonably high ranked team, LSU (#52). The rating numbers for Team Rankings are the current numbers, you can check Kenpom if you wish, I do not think their rankings will be that different. The point is that the win over LSU was one of those things where everything lined up for RI against LSU (an outlier to use the nomenclature some of you dislike so much). The chances for them pulling the same kind of thing against us are very small. We should win this one unless something totally unforeseen happens.

I wouldn't give 9 for a couple of reasons. First, travel to RI is gonna be a challenge. Second, we've got a miserable history with this team. Third, they're gonna be fired up w/ their W over LSU, as if they needed any more confidence against us, and we're a conference biggie who they'd love to knock off 6 times in a row.

The above said, as the Wiz states, we're better than most of us think we are. Our D, unlike last year against Rhody, will have to come out strong and stay strong. A lot of minutes for MM, JJ, and DE are forecast. I'd make us a 2 pt favorite, but I ain't betting it.

Well the simple answer was that they had a good night shooting 3's at 44% vs about 31%.....this translates into 2 extra 3's and there's your game.

LSU had a number of chances to go ahead in the final couple of minutes and couldn't hit anything.....with just seconds left LSU fouled RI who made a couple of FTs to ice the game.

And finally, their 2 best players had career nights....Biruta 19pt ..61% overall 2-2 3pt...14 reb----Matthews...21pts...50% overall...2-3 3pt....9 reb

This just isn't going to happen to the Bills....one of the top D's in the nation. LSU is a good team ( B+ 1st team out...and this loss is not going to help) but the Bills are a better team. A great win for RI but it doesn't change the fact that they are still a C team. Could they win the lottery twice in a row....it's possible ....but unlikely especially against the Bills.

Bottomline...if we play D we win.

Sometimes, we overlook the fact of how good we really are.

This description seems to mirror what RI did last year at our place. I could not believe how many off balance and last second 3 point shots seemed to go in when they needed them most. Many times we were tight on them and they went in anyway. Let's hope they used up that mojo at LSU and we can shut them down. Hurley was an unbelievable lunatic on the sidelines last year screaming at the refs from the first minute and getting a lot of calls as a result. I hope the refs in the A10 have tired of his constant complaining.

I've never seen bitching and moaning like Hurley employed against us last year. Billikenswin is right, the complaining literally began with the first trip down the court, and never stopped. I almost hurled in disgust. Hurley should have been T'd up multiple times. He was at least three meridians beyond the mean. (When did this thread become like Calc class with Dr. Mrs. Kern ?). I say the law of karma diminishing returns says we win this one.

I've never seen bitching and moaning like Hurley employed against us last year. Billikenswin is right, the complaining literally began with the first trip down the court, and never stopped. I almost hurled in disgust. Hurley should have been T'd up multiple times. He was at least three meridians beyond the mean. (When did this thread become like Calc class with Dr. Mrs. Kern ?). I say the law of karma diminishing returns says we win this one.

Only just now, when you brought it up. Perhaps you are thinking of a different thread.

Outerbridge and Akeem Richmond are gone finally too, right? Those f'ers were on the 10 year plan.

Both of those dudes killed us...I know Richmond transferred to East Carolina and is a Senior this year (seriously...still). He's averaging 20 per. I saw his stat line on the bottom line the other day (he dropped 37 vs Campbell)...Still hate him