OT WOW

SLU_PT_2k11

I have no problem with 360 calling the cops on him. I have no problem with the cops talking to him. I would have no problem with 360 getting a restraining order against him. He just didn't commit a crime.

Im with you on this one.

Im suprised the cops didnt show up, ask a few questions, realize he isnt a terrorist, and file it in the giant file they have labled "stupid people."

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im with you on this one.

Im suprised the cops didnt show up, ask a few questions, realize he isnt a terrorist, and file it in the giant file they have labled "stupid people."

You could probably make that case though for most terrorists

Does the PR stand for prison?

And I still don't understand how this was a threat to blow up Busch Stadium? I can see where its a cryptic "I'm going into that office to shoot everyone" threat, but definitely not to blow up a stadium.

I was under the impression the arrest was related to threats made toward his former employer after the tweets about Boston caused a bunch of fallout. Maybe I'm wrong though

You could probably make that case though for most terrorists

You are probably right.

Who knows, maybe the cops showed up to question him and he went on one of his obnoxious rants and refused to cooperate.

Maybe the cops showed up and they found some overwhelming evidence so they brought him in.

No matter what happens I won't lose any sleep over it.

I can't stop laughing everytime I see this. At least something good has come out of this for Bobby.

45]

User Actions Following0ca20d10aa297bece138646723da67c2_normal.The Iron SheikVerified account@the_ironsheik

Bobby Metzinger you talk ###### about the Boston. I can't wait I see you ###### your piece of dead dog ###### ass you no good piece of ######

Ill be really mad if they arrest the Sheik for making threatening statements.

Unequivocally, you cannot say that. That is for a judge and possibly a jury to decide. Right now, he's been arrested and charged with committing a crime. He has yet to be convicted of a crime. I'd say if there is this much debate among educated people on this message board whether or not he actually committed a crime, it is probably best that he was arrested and charged with that crime and has to have his fate decided in a court of law.

I can pretty much tell you the judge who granted him bail didn't think he was a threat to anyone. The terms of his bail are joke if they actually think he made a terroristic threat against his employer. Low cash and let's put him three blocks away from the people they are claiming he was threatening to kill.

I'm just tired of all the headlines around the interweb being "Cardinals fan Bobby Metzinger yatta yatta". He's a diehard Yankees guy who hates the Red Sox and lives in STL. As much as I hate the Cards' Unicorn and best fan tomfoolery(spoken from a cards fan), don't throw him in with us.

As in this crap. I just wish they would at least get the facts right, As much as I can't stand the guy

http://www.ibtimes.com/who-bobby-metzinger-cardinals-fan-arrested-after-tweeting-world-series-bomb-threats-references

"A St. Louis Cardinals fan was arrested Friday after he insinuated, police say, that he would bomb the World Series to keep the Boston Red Sox from defeating his favorite team."

I don't know about terrible. They put on a great live show back in the day. Their shows were electrifying. They were never known for their deep lyrics or great song writing.

Grunky, find the metaphor above.

Not Grunky, Brian, but there's no metaphor here. A metaphor is a comparison of unlike things. Basically, it's noun-to-noun; an adjective doesn't really qualify.

"Their shows were thunderstorms," is a metaphor.

"Their shows were like lightning," is a simile.

"Their shows were electrifying," is just a description.

Reading an ABF grammar lesson is a snooze in Duquesne's Fordham's gym.

Not Grunky, Brian, but there's no metaphor here. A metaphor is a comparison of unlike things. Basically, it's noun-to-noun; an adjective doesn't really qualify. "Their shows were thunderstorms," is a metaphor."Their shows were like lightning," is a simile."Their shows were electrifying," is just a description. Reading an ABF grammar lesson is a snooze in Duquesne's Fordham's gym.

Prepared to be shocked.

http://aclweb.org/anthology//C/C10/C10-1113.pdf

The song is about road rage. Dexter Holland wrote it after getting flipped off on the highway. It was written to release anger. There is no deeper meaning.

Also, the word you actually should have used is allegory and not metaphor.

Happy Halloween, loser.

You are hopeless.

I won't even try to explain what a metaphor is because clearly you have the mental capacity of a brick.

Happy Halloween, dumbass.

• 3 months later...