OT WOW

SLU_PT_2k11

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, I don't think Metz was a man capable of terrorism... But the fact of the matter is these mass shootings at VaTech, Newtown, ect, these clearly insane people post this stuff up on the internet before they go off. Metz wasn't heading that way, that's not what I'm saying, but to claim society, or the Nation, or whatever Police force is hypersensitive when this stuff has precedent, is a little off target.

The internet in 2013 is as real a form of media and communication as TV, as newspapers, and as snailmail. Tweeting threatening stuff is the same as sending a threatening letter. Its a forum as public as the street corner, like it or not, to say this stuff and be bewildered by the consequences is beyond me.

Which is just the reason we shouldn't ever see his face near our private University ever again.

What Deadspin had in their article weren't threats. They were stupid, offensive, lack any sympathy do victims, and not funny. They were not threats.

I love when headlines make it sound like the police busted some banal case wide open..

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/man-arrested-after-st-louis-police-intercept-terroristic-threats-referencing/article_7113e1e0-1bf8-503f-a362-57f6678c48cd.html

They intercepted the threats! Or just typed in twitter.com and saw it?

Group 360 Worldwide or is it Prestige Worldwide?

Listen, I don't think Metz was a man capable of terrorism... But the fact of the matter is these mass shootings at VaTech, Newtown, ect, these clearly insane people post this stuff up on the internet before they go off. Metz wasn't heading that way, that's not what I'm saying, but to claim society, or the Nation, or whatever Police force is hypersensitive when this stuff has precedent, is a little off target.

The internet in 2013 is as real a form of media and communication as TV, as newspapers, and as snailmail. Tweeting threatening stuff is the same as sending a threatening letter. Its a forum as public as the street corner, like it or not, to say this stuff and be bewildered by the consequences is beyond me.

Which is just the reason we shouldn't ever see his face near our private University ever again.

It should also be pointed out that the offensive tweets about Boston aren't what got him arrested. It was his tweets and messages after that, when he was suspended and then fired from his job, that got him in hot water. Insinuating that you are going to go into your former place of employment and blow people away, which is what he did by referencing the song, could be construed as a threat. Especially as he was just recently let go.

Is it a tad overboard? Perhaps. However, this is someone who not only has a history of using offensive rhetoric on the internet, but has also made threats to others in the past. He has crossed the line in the past in relation to this board. Hard to imagine that he didn't cross that line with his employer. While we may think that he is completely harmless, those at his former employer may have felt legitimately worried that he was going to do something considering the circumstances.

Metz is an idiot, but I think arresting him was just a tad overboard.

bobby got fired, and then tweeted his former employer:

"Listening to the Offspring's "Bad Habit" and the lyrics just ring true of what will go down very soon."

That is a threat. Hell, if I was in that office I would immediately leave and call the cops given bobby's infatuation with guns.

I know bobby personally, and I feel bad for him. I know he would never hurt anyone. He made a bad bad mistake, and he will pay for it dearly.

bobby got fired, and then tweeted his former employer:

"Listening to the Offspring's "Bad Habit" and the lyrics just ring true of what will go down very soon."

That is a threat. Hell, if I was in that office I would immediately leave and call the cops given bobby's infatuation with guns.

I know bobby personally, and I feel bad for him. I know he would never hurt anyone. He made a bad bad mistake, and he will pay for it dearly.

Bad Habit is about road rage. Not sure how that applies to his employer. Maybe we should arrest Noodles and Dexter for writing and performing the song.

WTF? We wasted taxpayer dollars for tweets like that? Offensive? Sure. Terrorist threats? The ######?...

Lets not deal with the real threats in St Louis City, no...go arrest a dude for a tweet about a sarcastic road rage offspring song. ######.

So what happens if this tweeter does something? Would you be first in line saying the warnings were ignored? I,m sorry but in this day and age you can,t ignore anything.

So what happens if this tweeter does something? Would you be first in line saying the warnings were ignored? I,m sorry but in this day and age you can,t ignore anything.

Don't have a problem with the cops talking to him. Do have a problem with him getting arrested.

I am not about to judge whether or not this is a terrorist threat, but this does speak loud and clear about his maturity and discretion. For an individual attempting to establish himself in the professional world this is highly self-destructive behavior. That, in and of itself, is worrisome at a minimum. Would you hire this kid at your company? People who care about him need to encourage him to get professional counseling at a minimum.

I may be mistaken, but I think this is the same kid who had the "Fire Soderberg" signs in Scottrade/Savvis many years ago. If so, a pattern of inappropriate behavior; just not capable of making mature decisions.

Under Missouri law...

Making a terrorist threat, penalty

574.115. 1. A person commits the crime of making a terrorist threat if such person communicates a threat to cause an incident or condition involving danger to life, communicates a knowingly false report of an incident or condition involving danger to life, or knowingly causes a false belief or fear that an incident has occurred or that a condition exists involving danger to life:

(1) With the purpose of frightening ten or more people;

(2) With the purpose of causing the evacuation, quarantine or closure of any portion of a building, inhabitable structure, place of assembly or facility of transportation; or

(3) With reckless disregard of the risk of causing the evacuation, quarantine or closure of any portion of a building, inhabitable structure, place of assembly or facility of transportation; or

(4) With criminal negligence with regard to the risk of causing the evacuation, quarantine or closure of any portion of a building, inhabitable structure, place of assembly or facility of transportation.

2. Making a terrorist threat is a class C felony unless committed under subdivision (3) of subsection 1 of this section in which case it is a class D felony or unless committed under subdivision (4) of subsection 1 of this section in which case it is a class A misdemeanor.

3. For the purpose of this section, "threat" includes an express or implied threat.

4. A person who acts in good faith with the purpose to prevent harm does not commit a crime pursuant to this section.

I feel sorry for the investigator who has to read every thread that Metz ever posted in. Between the use of initials, inside stuff and the stupid stuff we have argued about over the years the investigator is likely to go insane.

Maybe Roy will be hired as a translator.

I feel sorry for the investigator who has to read every thread that Metz ever posted in. Between the use of initials, inside stuff and the stupid stuff we have argued about over the years the investigator is likely to go insane.

Maybe Roy will be hired as a translator.

Someone please the number of alias' Metz has had over the years. My favorite past time.