FSM Poll: Who will have a Conklin Summer?

RUBillsFan

http://www.foxsportsmidwest.com/collegebasketball/saint-louis-billikens

There is a new poll up on the FSM website:

Conklin summer

Which Billiken will take the biggest step forward next season?

A. Dwayne Evans - He plays like an All-American

B. Rob Loe - Big Rob dominates both inside and outside the paint

C. Jordair Jett - JJ is going to become consistent scoring threat

D. John Manning - Big guys take a little longer to develop, this is his year

E. Grandy Glaze - He is going to be more than just an energy guy.

Honestly, as long as none of those guys takes a step back, I'll be pleased. Marginal improvement from the whole bunch and we're looking at a deep March run. If one of them breaks out like Conk did that year, look out.

I want it to be Manning. Man, would I love a steady presence at the 5 for the next two seasons. Free things up for Loe to wander the baseline on the offensive end this year, give any incoming bigs another year to develop and/or redshirt. I think it would have the best overall impact on the squad.

If Evans gets any better, he's the A10 POY. If Jett does, we're going to have some fun highlights packages. If Loe does, I imagine it would have to take the form of added muscle and rebounding and the like, and he'll be on the radar of NBA scouts. If Grandy does, there will be a lot of bruised A10 forwards.

I don't know if you can expect a big step forward from Evans and JJ. Some slight improvement from both would leave them as contenders for CPOY. The best candidate for a big improvement is Loe. He has a skill set that could deliver a lot more in on court performance.

I picked and think it will be John Manning. Without Cody Ellis, I think the Bills will have a different look this year, and it will work for them. Not every winning team has a stretch 4 like Ellis, but they do have good, experienced players and depth.

Also, just because one player will improve "the most" doesn't mean that the other players can't also show considerable improvement.

Why was Mike McCall's name omitted? Just for that, I wouldn't be surprised if he improved more than any of the players listed in the poll!

Honestly, as long as none of those guys takes a step back, I'll be pleased. Marginal improvement from the whole bunch and we're looking at a deep March run. If one of them breaks out like Conk did that year, look out.

I want it to be Manning. Man, would I love a steady presence at the 5 for the next two seasons. Free things up for Loe to wander the baseline on the offensive end this year, give any incoming bigs another year to develop and/or redshirt. I think it would have the best overall impact on the squad.

If Evans gets any better, he's the A10 POY. If Jett does, we're going to have some fun highlights packages. If Loe does, I imagine it would have to take the form of added muscle and rebounding and the like, and he'll be on the radar of NBA scouts. If Grandy does, there will be a lot of bruised A10 forwards.

thanks now i don't have to type too much. if all of them do as good last year and at least 2 of the new guys do anywhere close to the level we all think they could all get we will be in the dance. If there is any great improvement in Loe and or Manning in addition to the above i see 4th seed in dance. all of the above and our 3 Stars improve, diapers will be needed during conference play while watching.