Jim Whitesell

JMM28

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cowboy - I forgot about that rule - not sure if it still is in place or not either. Old Man - SLU was not a lower program then Loyola of Chicago is. I would hope the school is using some of the approximate $600K they got from the first NCAA trip to help fund raises for the assistants and other perks for the bb program - if not then shame on them. As far as giving them more money - I help funding them when the times were bad now that the program is making money it is time to use the profit for the program and stop poor mouthing it all the time. After all that is why we gave in the first place so the program could improve and then reach even higher status with its success.

Cowboy - I forgot about that rule - not sure if it still is in place or not either. Old Man - SLU was not a lower program then Loyola of Chicago is. I would hope the school is using some of the approximate $600K they got from the first NCAA trip to help fund raises for the assistants and other perks for the bb program - if not then shame on them. As far as giving them more money - I help funding them when the times were bad now that the program is making money it is time to use the profit for the program and stop poor mouthing it all the time. After all that is why we gave in the first place so the program could improve and then reach even higher status with its success.

Isn't it 6 years to get all of one year's tournament money?

I would assume that Crews asked for additional benefits for his staff ($$) during his drawn out negotiation this spring. If he didn't get it then I'm sure Whitesell started looking and saw something in the SJ opportunity that he felt made it more attractive (plus more $$). Just a theory.

Isn't it 6 years to get all of one year's tournament money?

You get the $600K for 5 years - so it is a total of $3million. The A10 lets you keep 75% of it and then you still get your share of the 25% that the league distributes from all the teams who went to the dance.

Frank C was trying to talk up Ahearn as a replacement for Whitesell. Give that F'er from Minnesota before Ahearn.

-I enjoy listening to Frank, but realize he went to Ahearn's wedding so objectivity on this one might be a bit lacking