Who will be the most exciting newcomer 2013-14

If we're talking newcomers...McBroom. Kids got experience and a year in the system.

He's got the best opportunity for playing time and the most experience. I hope he is good enough to start so we can continue to bring Jett off the bench to kick some a$$.

Maybe I am just overdosing on blue kool aid but I think all 4 of them will make significant contributions this year even with the great group of upperclassmen we have returning. RA is a player I have wanted for years. A power forward who is strong and athletic and remember he has played a year of post HS basketball. TL is just what the doctor ordered as CE exits left. He is a tall, solidly built PF/SF who can shoot the 3. AM is clearly needed as part of a 3 man guard rotation along with JJ and MM. Finally, I see MC as a potential SG/SF who can bring as much to the table as Scott Highmark did a few years back. He is clearly a superior athlete - remember his golf ability - who has the ability to shoot the three especially when playing along side other skilled 3 pt shooters - MM, AM, JB and TL. As good as we can be this year I think these 4 newcomers will still add much to the success of the 13-14 Billikens.

Maybe I am just overdosing on blue kool aid but I think all 4 of them will make significant contributions this year even with the great group of upperclassmen we have returning. RA is a player I have wanted for years. A power forward who is strong and athletic and remember he has played a year of post HS basketball. TL is just what the doctor ordered as CE exits left. He is a tall, solidly built PF/SF who can shoot the 3. AM is clearly needed as part of a 3 man guard rotation along with JJ and MM. Finally, I see MC as a potential SG/SF who can bring as much to the table as Scott Highmark did a few years back. He is clearly a superior athlete - remember his golf ability - who has the ability to shoot the three especially when playing along side other skilled 3 pt shooters - MM, AM, JB and TL. As good as we can be this year I think these 4 newcomers will still add much to the success of the 13-14 Billikens.

Me too! I've can't tell you how long I've prayed to have an Ashanti Warrior play for the Billikens.

I'm hoping that by the end of the season Agbeko is starting at the 4...he may even start from Day 1 depending on his D

I think the worst case scenario for McBroom is that he becomes a 15 Minute per Game player next year. As long as he can play D and handle the ball he'll get some major minutes

I'm not expecting much from Lancona or Crawford next year given the our depth, so I would be pleasantly surprised if one of them cracked the rotation

The word "exciting" in the topic is an adjective for "newcomer" so it can not stand alone - it serves the noun "newcomer".

I hope the RA, TL and MC all find away to get some playing time this year but lets not forget that JJ and MM will play the bulk of the minutes along with AM at guard. RL will continue to start and GG will probably play more than he did last year. JB will be about the same as last year unless some of the others struggle. JM - not sure what to expect from him still - I guess he could get more minutes if RL has foul trouble issues. My point simply is we have a returning team of upperclassmen and so it will take a big effort or a poor effort by some to see the freshmen get any meaningful time. That being said - the topic can still be answered and I would think we are thinnest at forward so it comes down to RA or TL and RA may be more physically developed and thus should get more time.

Cody Ellis came in as a freshman and gave the team something it missed-excitement!

It can happen!

Cody joined a mediocre team and turned it into an NIT caliber team.

Except for the Hughes year freshman class I can't think of a single freshman than has been a major contributor on any of our NCAA tourney teams. Marquee perry was a contributor but got hurt halfway trough and obviously didn't participate in Memphis. Jeff Harris provided some good minutes near the end of the season in 95. That's about it.

And make no mistake about it. Next years team is NCAA caliber, so if any of these three are major contributors they will be outstanding players down the line.

Cody joined a mediocre team and turned it into an NIT caliber team.

Except for the Hughes year freshman class I can't think of a single freshman than has been a major contributor on any of our NCAA tourney teams. Marquee perry was a contributor but got hurt halfway trough and obviously didn't participate in Memphis. Jeff Harris provided some good minutes near the end of the season in 95. That's about it.

And make no mistake about it. Next years team is NCAA caliber, so if any of these three are major contributors they will be outstanding players down the line

Tommie Liddell - did he not lead this team to a winning record after our 9 - something season?

Tommie Liddell - did he not lead this team to a winning record after our 9 - something season?

Kevin Lisch may have had something to do with that too. And the drop down to the A10. And it was a 7 win difference.

Obviously haven't seen any newcomer live except Mike Crawford, and I m telling you you are under rating him. He goes to the bucket like no high school kid I've ever seen. He's going to play.

can't beat actual eyewitness report even if fellow MBM. Anything is possible but I'll be amazed if Crawford is not the real deal. A Travis Ford with height.