Recruiting - 2016

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you just share it openly please?

Tentatively: Wednesday at 12:00-12:45 in front of the Quad across from the dining hall. We have no idea when he'll be walking around campus on his visit but we'll go ahead with it anyways. Spread word on social media. I don't know how else to let most students know about it

Edit: we don't know what time he'll be here, either in the middle of the day (if he takes off school) or later in the day (probably between 4 and 6 pm)

They need to get the band playing at this proposed rally. I remember when DGB visited Mizzou as he walked into the building the band was playing and the MATC was packed with cheering fans as they walked him up to the coaches offices. I think something similar needs to happen when Jayson arrives on campus. He needs to realize how badly the SLU community wants him.

Love the quote from Justin:

Be a trendsetter, you dont have to go on this road because it was made for Shane Battier or Grant Hill. You can do what they did at home. Justin Tatum, Jaysons father

Father knows best...

Doing a rally in the quad seems like small potatoes. Give Tatum a tour of Chaifetz and when he comes into the gym have it filled with the band and a couple thousand students and fans. If we want Tatum we should do something right for a change.

Doing a rally in the quad seems like small potatoes. Give Tatum a tour of Chaifetz and when he comes into the gym have it filled with the band and a couple thousand students and fans. If we

want Tatum we should do something right for a change.

Agreed, but we better get free pappys there or we are screwed with the student turnout.

Posted this link in the fab 5 discussion but figured I would post it here since that discussion turned into a Mizzou SLU debate or something. Tatum talking final 4 schools, sounds like Duke is in the lead.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-basketball/EYBL-Jayson-Tatum-talks-top-4-1133868

Interesting that he says he could make his decision "before school is out, in the summer, or in the fall". Wonder how close he really is to a decision

Interesting that he says he could make his decision "before school is out, in the summer, or in the fall". Wonder how close he really is to a decision

I thought the same thing. I also got the impression UNC doesn't really have that much of a chance at all (not that I thought they were high favorites before). Didn't make it seem like a visit was a really high priority for him.

For what it's worth, a few generally reliable posters on other forums have indicated that Duke holds a sizeable lead, followed by SLU, followed by Kentucky. Not sure why UNC is on the list, other than as a nod to Giles and Smith. (Of course, all of this can pretty much be gleaned from the video posted above.)

For what it's worth, a few generally reliable posters on other forums have indicated that Duke holds a sizeable lead, followed by SLU, followed by Kentucky. Not sure why UNC is on the list, other than as a nod to Giles and Smith. (Of course, all of this can pretty much be gleaned from the video posted above.)

Shocking that posters on Duke boards think they are in the lead and NC is last.

Funny cuz I just read a 4 page article in sports illustrated all about him staying home. His AAU coach is quoted saying he believes Tatum will make an unconventional decision