OT: Billikens.com Primer - 2013 Edition

I figure it is about time for another Billikens.com Primer. I don't think there has been one since 2011, and I figure there have been a number of new posters since then, as well as more memes to add on. So, why don't I start it off:

-Once a player is on the team, the preferred way to refer to said player is by his initials. For example, it isn't Mike McCall, it is MM.

-billikenroy has posted so much on this board, that once you've reached 10,000 posts, you have reached billikenroy levels of posting.

-All disputes are to be resolved in Salina, KS. Better bring your PAYSTUBS.

-However, if you just want to hold a debate, then the preferred location is Humphrey's.

-You really aren't allowed to comment on a player's ability unless you G-O-S-E-E-T-H-E-K-I-D-S-P-L-A-Y.

-If you are a poster who was banned or runoff of the board, and you come back using a different name, ACE will sniff you out.

-You are a 'message board moron' unless you donate north of $25,000 a year to the Billiken Club.

-Everything bad that happens can be traced back to Father Biondi.

-If you are looking for some heavy reading, just pull up one of Taj79's posts.

-Kyle Cassity was the most criticized player on this board while he played. Now that he is gone, that mantle has been passed to Rob Loe.

-Every Billiken loss is typically followed by a full-blown meltdown on the board. If you value your mental health, it is best to avoid the board for 24-48 hours after a loss. Sometimes more...

-Mizzou is best referred to as Mi$$ouri or SPUMAC.

-'The Situation' refers to the incident that led to Reed and Mitchell being suspended.

-Do not cross Rammer, if you know what is good for you.

-Guy Phillips is the worst PA guy ever. He will get numerous threads started about him during the season.

-If you want to know what Indiana has to do with the topic you are reading, just wait. bbtds will be along to inform you.

OK, I feel this is a good starting point. I know that there are tons more out there than be added. So, feel free to contribute...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-That "F-er from Minnesota" refers to Darren Clarke, a Soderberg recruit. He was a shooting guard who got a scholarship that people feel should have gone to Blake Ahearn.

Bizzle, I think Manning might be taking over for Loe in volume of criticism.

Excellent start.

- Another good one is when having a debate, talk up how good your ACT score was to show how smart you are.

- SVU = Sweater Vest University = Dayton; Methdale = Carbondale

- The opposiste of morons (which are almost everybody on the board) are the self-proclaimed "insiders" They are quick to tell you how much moeny they donate, which gives them a sense of entitlement. They also believe they have a lot of "inside" information, which is doubtful, but if they do, they rarely share anything worthwhile. They usually just blindly defend the Biondi regime.

- Ahearn and Harrelson, represent the local recruits that got away.

- Should we join the Valley,,, a running debate, consistently stoked by MB

- Fridays, usually a day when it is acceptable for some T&A to be showcased on the board

- "Meet me in the parking lot at Office Depot" usually means you want to fight and it works best if skip is involved.

- vtime - a reference to a long-time poster who used to advocate SLU sign virtually EVERY high school prospect, even if that player was barely D1 material.

- Uncle Brad = Sodie = Soderberg

- NBE = New Big East

-Applebee's and #RiseandGrind are references to Willie Reed. Applebee's is apparently his favorite place to celebrate and he used to tweet #RiseandGrind everyday after leaving SLU, as it referred to him getting up early and working hard in the gym towards his goal of going pro. All too often, the tweet would occur around 11:30 AM

- Matt Dickey is one of the greatest Billikens ever

- The refs are out to get the Billikens. When in doubt, blame the refs.

And if the Billiken ever gets the Seminole, Chief Illiniwek, Bradley Braves, etc. treatment, we will just be known as the Pelicans.

I figure it is about time for another Billikens.com Primer. I don't think there has been one since 2011, and I figure there have been a number of new posters since then, as well as more memes to add on. So, why don't I start it off:

-Once a player is on the team, the preferred way to refer to said player is by his initials. For example, it isn't Mike McCall, it is MM.

-billikenroy has posted so much on this board, that once you've reached 10,000 posts, you have reached billikenroy levels of posting.

-All disputes are to be resolved in Salina, KS. Better bring your PAYSTUBS.

-However, if you just want to hold a debate, then the preferred location is Humphrey's.

-You really aren't allowed to comment on a player's ability unless you G-O-S-E-E-T-H-E-K-I-D-S-P-L-A-Y.

-If you are a poster who was banned or runoff of the board, and you come back using a different name, ACE will sniff you out.

-You are a 'message board moron' unless you donate north of $25,000 a year to the Billiken Club.

-Everything bad that happens can be traced back to Father Biondi.

-If you are looking for some heavy reading, just pull up one of Taj79's posts.

-Kyle Cassity was the most criticized player on this board while he played. Now that he is gone, that mantle has been passed to Rob Loe.

-Every Billiken loss is typically followed by a full-blown meltdown on the board. If you value your mental health, it is best to avoid the board for 24-48 hours after a loss. Sometimes more...

-Mizzou is best referred to as Mi$$ouri or SPUMAC.

-'The Situation' refers to the incident that led to Reed and Mitchell being suspended.

-Do not cross Rammer, if you know what is good for you.

-Guy Phillips is the worst PA guy ever. He will get numerous threads started about him during the season.

-If you want to know what Indiana has to do with the topic you are reading, just wait. bbtds will be along to inform you.

OK, I feel this is a good starting point. I know that there are tons more out there than be added. So, feel free to contribute...

thnx