Scheduling Thoughts

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this was known already or not, but here is the field for the Cancun Challenge:

http://www.cancunchallenge.net/

I hope we don't draw Bowling Green. I have some bad memories of losses to them a few years ago.

I have a very vivid memory of the loss at Bowling Green. I sat 4-5 rows behind the bench. The one positive I took away from that game: "Hey, this Jon Smith kid is going to be a nice player."

Then I got in the car for the 3-hour drive back to Cincy and as soon as I got on 75 south, a blizzard hit. Not a flake before that.

So we'll be one of the top 4 seeds, and we'll play 2 of the lower seeds (Bowling Green, Presbyterian, Georgia Southern, Oral Roberts) at home on 11/21 and 11/23. Then we'll play 2 of Wisconsin, Old Dominion, and West Virginia down in Cancun. It sets up for a SLU-Wisconsin final if they seed it correctly.

What do we have for dates for the 2013-2014 schedule so far?

11/21 vs. Bowling Green, Presbyterian, Georgia Southern, or Oral Roberts (Cancun Challenge)

11/23 vs. Bowling Green, Presbyterian, Georgia Southern, or Oral Roberts (Cancun Challenge)

11/26 @ Cancun Challenge (West Virginia, Wisconsin, or Old Dominion)

11/26 @ Cancun Challenge (West Virginia, Wisconsin, or Old Dominion)

12/18 vs. Indiana State

So we'll be one of the top 4 seeds, and we'll play 2 of the lower seeds (Bowling Green, Presbyterian, Georgia Southern, Oral Roberts) at home on 11/21 and 11/23. Then we'll play 2 of Wisconsin, Old Dominion, and West Virginia down in Cancun. It sets up for a SLU-Wisconsin final if they seed it correctly.

2012-13 Kenpom ratings:

12. Wisconsin (lose 3 Srs >50% mins played)

18. Saint Louis (lose 2 Srs >50% mins)

125. West Virginia (lose 1 Sr >50% mins)

263. Old Dominion (lose 1 Sr >50% mins)

149. Oral Roberts (lose 2 Srs >50% mins)

204. Bowling Green (lose 3 Srs >50%mins

280. Georgia Southern (lose 1 Sr >50% mins)

335. Presbyterian (lose 1 Sr >50% mins)

Obviously the rankings for next year will be different, but based on this it seems like we would want Oral Roberts and Bowling Green for the first 2 at home and then Wisconsin and WV down in Cancun. If slufan13 is right and we get Wisconsin 1st that is very good.

In other news, I am bored.

Sooooooo who's going?!

just did some brief research. it appears the game is played at a high priced resort far down the road from Cancun. Mexican taxi ride to save money at different resort???

I don't think it's "seeded" in the traditional sense of the word.

ODU was god-awful last season.

I just don't get why they'd put the two strongest teams playing one another. Do they just want a WV-Wisconsin final? How many Mountaineers can afford a trip to Cancun? Can't be many.

The one on the far left is smokin but would any of the other 5 even make the Saintsations?

All props to the saintsations but those girls would all be well-received, I'm sure.