GDT: Let's go duck hunting

brianstl

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon guys! Be realistic. This team probably could have played better, but they were caught up in a rare event, a statistical anomaly, tonight. We had PLENTY of open shots - they just didn't fall. OU actually had fewer open shots, but they couldn't miss. Even THEY were amazed. Didn't you see the shots of the Oregon bench where even they were shaking their heads in disbelief at their own shooting???

This was a great year with a bad and UNFORTUNATE ending. Don't blame Crews. Don't blame the guys. It's just an anomaly.

It could but who the next HC will be is crucial. I have a hunch Crews does not want the job. That hire will be critical as to which way the program heads...along with our future conference affiliation.

I agree with this hunch, I believe we will have a new coach shortly.

Yeah we got jobbed. And watching this Butler game is making me furious.

I mean, we still have to win the games we're given. But to see Wichita State play Gonzaga and Butler and Marquette, it doesn't sit well. The committee got all the right teams in, but seeded and located them as unjustly as they could have.

Can't figure out what the committee had against the Pac 12 this year. They need to scrap the rpi and use a more sophisticated measure to assess these teams. There are plenty of them out there.

Appears there was little or no game plan or adjustments. Way too many open 3s

That is not a fair statement at all, we took open 3's went 3-20, they took open 3's went 8-11. Mostly uncontested both sides. If both hit the usual 30-38% we are in the game. Do the math. We just shot lousy, they shot great.

Of all of today's blowouts ours was the closest. You have to give the boys credit for their second half. We still shot poorly and the Ducks stayed hot yet we only lost the half by 1 point. Still disappointing, but they didn't fold.

C'mon guys! Be realistic. This team probably could have played better, but they were caught up in a rare event, a statistical anomaly, tonight. We had PLENTY of open shots - they just didn't fall. OU actually had fewer open shots, but they couldn't miss. Even THEY were amazed. Didn't you see the shots of the Oregon bench where even they were shaking their heads in disbelief at their own shooting???

This was a great year with a bad and UNFORTUNATE ending. Don't blame Crews. Don't blame the guys. It's just an anomaly.

You make your own luck. Giving them an out like that is ridiculous and nearly insulting. I guess it was an anomaly that we won the cold war too..........

You make your own luck. Giving them an out like that is ridiculous and nearly insulting. I guess it was an anomaly that we won the cold war too..........

Don't criticize what you don't understand.

That is not a fair statement at all, we took open 3's went 3-20, they took open 3's went 8-11. Mostly uncontested both sides. If both hit the usual 30-38% we are in the game. Do the math. We just shot lousy, they shot great.

Talk about anomalies - we agree for once!!

Gotta tip your cap to Oregon. They made everything.

Fuok oregon. I'm not even going to write on the internet all the horrible things I pray happen to that school. I hope our next athletic director drops nike.