Recruiting - 2013

Soo... I've heard through many grapevines that drew was kind of a cancer. Had a bad attitude and very rarely went to class.. I don't think we cut him because we were hopeful we'd need the space. I think it was a long time coming.. And hippa would explain why school doesn't say anything about it...

Just think 2 and 2 are coming together... And go figure it makes sense. Trust that crews and co have it covered..

These are damaging accusations. I don't know anything about Jared Drew, so I don't think it's fair to comment further.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheldon Jeter from Vandy finally announced he was transferring today. It's long been rumored he would be transferring to Pitt. That would take up Pitt's last schollie.

I feel good about Yacoubou.

I thought that transfer had already happened. If Pitt fills up, I agree that's a good sign on Yacoubou.

I fill bitchy writing this, but HIPAA is a health care privacy law. Educational records are protected by FERPA. Quite possibly the nerdiest thing ever written in this forum, I know. Apologies.

Welllll that's cuz it was bitchy. I assumed I'd escape that being the only broad here...but whatevs, from here forth... HIPPA= FERPA when I say it. ;)

I thought that transfer had already happened. If Pitt fills up, I agree that's a good sign on Yacoubou.

Naw. You're likely thinking of DeAndre Kane from Marshall. He transferred to Pitt a week or two ago. The thought was Pitt wanted either Kane or Yacoubou and Jeter.

These are damaging accusations. I don't know anything about Jared Drew, so I don't think it's fair to comment further.

I just want to make obvious that people realize the dangerous accusations toward crews and co are just as Dangerous.

Soo... I've heard through many grapevines that drew Had a bad attitude and very rarely went to class.

Go to class?? really??? isn't "rarely" sufficient for this tyrant of a coach we've hired?? After all we did crack the top 25 this year.

Sooo... you're saying things like going to class and attitude matter to a coaching staff and team?? what are you, some kind of right wing fanatic or something?

I'm shocked: I thought it was clear to all that Coach Crews was a shameless bad guy and the player some sort of poor victim. I mean, the player even tweeted that he was "blindsided!" isn't that enough proof for you?? And it's obvious that Georgetown fans are holding their breath for a LOI. Me confused...

We don't have to speculate about what happened with Drew. If Crews thought he was not a good fit, then I trust that, I wouldn't want to see anyone run off for recruiting purposes, but I just don't think that happened. It's not a mistake if Drew was let go even if we don't fill another scholarship or two, if in fact he was not a positive to the team. Certainly we don't know all the facts, but I think we have to trust Crews unless proven otherwise.

We don't have to speculate about what happened with Drew. If Crews thought he was not a good fit, then I trust that, I wouldn't want to see anyone run off for recruiting purposes, but I just don't think that happened. It's not a mistake if Drew was let go even if we don't fill another scholarship or two, if in fact he was not a positive to the team. Certainly we don't know all the facts, but I think we have to trust Crews unless proven otherwise.

Exactly.

Everyone lobbing out trash posts on this matter, please stop it. Maybe if some credible facts are proven later, then maybe, it depends. But for now, cut it out.

Exactly.

Everyone lobbing out trash posts on this matter, please stop it. Maybe if some credible facts are proven later, then maybe, it depends. But for now, cut it out.

Bulls*it. Kitty did not post "trash posts". I believe she is a current student who received information by virtue of her personal connections on campus and posted the same. The fact that the information was not flattering to Drew does not mean the post was "trash" or that Kitty is "trashing" Drew. Instead, for several days, we got Drew's version (Drew's tweets) where Drew said he was shocked and surprised. Drew was a victim. A ton of posters listed negative comments about our head coach, Jim Crews. I mentioned that Jim Crews is probably did what was best for SLU -- minimize risk, exposure and future APR liability. The NCAA rules have changed and yet so many are upset that JC waited so long before letting Drew go. If a kid doesn't go to class.... then he should't be allowed to be made out like a victim or martyr if he isn't.

Bulls*it. Kitty did not post "trash posts". I believe she is a current student who received information by virtue of her personal connections on campus and posted the same. The fact that the information was not flattering to Drew does not mean the post was "trash" or that Kitty is "trashing" Drew. Instead, for several days, we got Drew's version (Drew's tweets) where Drew said he was shocked and surprised. Drew was a victim. A ton of posters listed negative comments about our head coach, Jim Crews. I mentioned that Jim Crews is probably did what was best for SLU -- minimize risk, exposure and future APR liability. The NCAA rules have changed and yet so many are upset that JC waited so long before letting Drew go. If a kid doesn't go to class.... then he should't be allowed to be made out like a victim or martyr if he isn't.

You are a tad mixed up. I did not say anything about Kitty. I think we actually agree. Calm down.

I was referring to dozens of crappy / negative posts on both "sides", in some cases people are ripping Coach Crews (broy, et al). Uncalled for!

FYI, in this matter I support Coach Crews and his judgment, he cannot comment but the player sends out tweets... no one on this board really knows the whole picture with Drew and what has transpired the last 9 months with him.

You are a tad mixed up. I did not say anything about Kitty.

I was referring to dozens of crappy / negative posts on both "sides", in some cases people are ripping Coach Crews. Uncalled for!

FYI, in this matter I support Coach Crews and his judgment, he cannot comment but the player sends out tweets... no one on this board really knows the whole picture with Drew and what has transpired the last 9 months with him.

Like your unsubstantiated claims about Pujols' age

Like your unsubstantiated claims about Pujols' age

You completely misunderstand.

I just am not pleased with those who rip Coach Crews for this, not knowing the facts. And I am not fond of anyone blasting Drew, either.

I have always been against trashing our current coach and players. (It drove me crazy the way dozens of dweeb posters ripped Cassity when he was out there busting his ass.) These are Billikens.

(Pujols: .242; and my comments on that matter were OT, I was not ripping a fellow Billiken, I was ripping a phony mega-millionaire pro baseball player, so your comparison is irrelevant, inadmissible...)

You completely misunderstand.

I just am not pleased with those who rip Coach Crews for this, not knowing the facts. And I am not fond of anyone blasting Drew, either.

I have always been against trashing our current coach and players. (It drove me crazy the way dozens of dweeb posters ripped Cassity when he was out there busting his ass.) These are Billikens.

(Pujols: .242; and my comments on that matter were OT, I was not ripping a fellow Billiken, I was ripping a phony mega-millionaire pro baseball player, so your comparison is irrelevant, inadmissible...)

MB, I'm sure you would agree that Pujols demise is somewhat fun to watch.

He should have played for an American League team his career could have flurished longer without the interference of playing defence in fact he would have been king of a tee ball league where bases running would be eliminated as well

Pistol, you can add JaQuail Townser to your list. He was a freshman at SWIC has visited campus a few times in the past month. Another big guard

Yeah, I have been holding back on his name so far because I wasn't sure what I could confirm about the SWIC kids. I'm running out the door now but will add him later tonight or tomorrow. Jucos are so much harder to research...

Here is a serious ? about recruiting that may pad the thread. these prep basketball schools WTF is the deal? What I thought I knew is 20 years old and was probably wrong then; thought they were post high school institutions for HS grad b ball players that needed to polish up on education to make it into D1 program with a schollie. Now it sounds like they have whole leagues. So could one of you or all you all explain this sh+t to me? and why aren't any around here? or is Chaminade one?

in da' dark here