Recruiting - 2013

you gotta remember that coming out of HS the scouting report mainly talked about how JJ was not very quick. not saying I dont care nor am I comparing but theres many other things im looking at other than speed.

Not to mention the fact that scouting reports are often...WRONG!!!!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“I have interest from Virginia Tech, Arizona, Gonzaga, Florida State and California,” he said. “Some of these schools are close to offering.”- Jordan Strawberry

Man, from UC-Irvine (or whatever it was) to Point Guard U. in a matter of weeks.

No one is arguing that a point guard is not essential to having a successful team, but there is no point in having one that might be in over his head. I am not saying that Strawberry would be but there are many reports that suggest he is a borderline D1 talent

All this from a fanbase who would have welcomed Kramer Soderberg...

Man, from UC-Irvine (or whatever it was) to Point Guard U. in a matter of weeks.

More like years. Those were the schools looking at him as a sophomore but that never offered. So I'm wondering how long they've been "close to offering." He might be Googling himself and not looking at dates. Or maybe things really came full circle. Is there a citation for that quote?

Ben Weixlmann @BWeixScout 7m

2013 PG Randy Onwuasor is officially visiting Miami (OH) on April 26. He will also visit Seton Hall.

-Interesting that we're in the mix on two PGs with Seton Hall, Santil being the other.

More like years. Those were the schools looking at him as a sophomore but that never offered. So I'm wondering how long they've been "close to offering." He might be Googling himself and not looking at dates. Or maybe things really came full circle. Is there a citation for that quote?

Ben Weixlmann ‏@BWeixScout 7m

2013 PG Randy Onwuasor is officially visiting Miami (OH) on April 26. He will also visit Seton Hall.

-Interesting that we're in the mix on two PGs with Seton Hall, Santil being the other.

seems like PITT and seton hall are our recruiting rivals of late.

so hes not done yet.

I would think that with our open scholarships filling up, if Onwuasor really wants to play for the Billikens (and he should) he might get an itchy trigger finger. Am I totally off base on this? I get that he wants to wait until April 30th, but I'd like to pay no taxes too - doesn't mean it happens. What if he gets to 4/30 and the only school left is St. Ignatius College for the Vertically Challenged?

Djambo could have decision this week

By Phil Kornblut

6-10 Ibrahim Djambo of Three Rivers JC, MO and Mali said today he could have his decision by Tuesday or Wednesday. It will depend on if he decides to visit Saint Louis this weekend. Djambo said if he decides not to visit, he will go ahead and made his decision by Wednesday. If he does decide to take the visit, he will wait until April 30th for his decision. Djambo visited Southern Miss over the weekend. He also has been to Clemson, Loyola of Chicago and SIU Carbondale. He said all the schools remain in contention and he did not indicate a favorite. Djambo said he talked with Clemson coach Brad Brownell last week.

Djambo could have decision this week

By Phil Kornblut

6-10 Ibrahim Djambo of Three Rivers JC, MO and Mali said today he could have his decision by Tuesday or Wednesday. It will depend on if he decides to visit Saint Louis this weekend. Djambo said if he decides not to visit, he will go ahead and made his decision by Wednesday. If he does decide to take the visit, he will wait until April 30th for his decision. Djambo visited Southern Miss over the weekend. He also has been to Clemson, Loyola of Chicago and SIU Carbondale. He said all the schools remain in contention and he did not indicate a favorite. Djambo said he talked with Clemson coach Brad Brownell last week.

Hasn't he already made an unofficial (i.e., unsponsored) visit to SLU? If he chooses by Wednesday, I like the chances of its being SLU — though it could also suggest he really liked Southern Miss. However, it seems to me that if he really favored any school above SLU, he'd want to go ahead and make his visit to Midtown this weekend for the sake of comparison.

I think SLU is going to get him. Having been in Missouri for two years, he's already used to the weather here.

Hasn't he already made an unofficial (i.e., unsponsored) visit to SLU? If he chooses by Wednesday, I like the chances of its being SLU — though it could also suggest he really liked Southern Miss. However, it seems to me that if he really favored any school above SLU, he'd want to go ahead and make his visit to Midtown this weekend for the sake of comparison.

I think SLU is going to get him. Having been in Missouri for two years, he's already used to the weather here.

I think we could take either way:

1) He loves SLU so no need to visit again

2) He already knows what SLU has to offer and isn't interested.

I guess we will see this weekend.

Riseandgrind-

You are dead on. He will either choose us or he won't. Nice post.

It's possible that he might choose us if he decides this week. But its also possible he will choose us after his visit this weekend. Either way if he doesnt choose us he is likely to choose another school.