C7 News and Rumors

SLUDrew

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the same thing Rich did about SVU.

But, hey, every league needs a doormat.

Is it Special Victims Unit?

Did I make up the sweater vest thing? These are the important questions in our thread?

The thing about DePaul is that they USED to have a tradition of success. If they get the right coach and get a few local studs in the target rich Chicago area they can vault into the fray. And the coach will stay since it will be a top 3-4-5 conference.

There is that potential, whereas I cannot foresee that with Fordham and a lot of others in the A-10. There have been some brief successes like LaSalle this yr but then the coach moves to a BIG conference and it falls apart.

The thing about DePaul is that they USED to have a tradition of success. If they get the right coach and get a few local studs in the target rich Chicago area they can vault into the fray. And the coach will stay since it will be a top 3-4-5 conference.

There is that potential, whereas I cannot foresee that with Fordham and a lot of others in the A-10. There have been some brief successes like LaSalle this yr but then the coach moves to a BIG conference and it falls apart.

They thought they had that with Dave "Frito" Leitao, who basically held court over NYC for Jim Calhoun at UConn.

Hard to replace a guy like Ray Meyer, but a few miles up the road at Marquette, they've been able to have success post-Al.

They thought they had that with Dave "Frito" Leitao, who basically held court over NYC for Jim Calhoun at UConn.

Hard to replace a guy like Ray Meyer, but a few miles up the road at Marquette, they've been able to have success post-Al.

Anybody remember Tom Kleinschmidt that fat little punk of a guard they used to have? I would love to have him play against this version of the Billikens.

Even when they had tradition they started a new one; one and done in tournament. i agree any sport that needs just 5 recruits to start a team and has all of Chicago to recruit from has to have an eye kept on them. That being said Fordham does seem to have a large population in vicinity to draw upon.

Boy, our entire sports record looks pretty horrendous compared to the others. Dayton looks legit, overall.

What is with our graduation rate? God...

Its ridiculous to compare one season results. Our baseball team has been decent for the past ten years, but last year was certainly an outlier. Our vball team has also been pretty strong the past ten years, this year was just a downer. To Rich's point no one really cares. I strongly doubt that we don't get picked because Dayton's women's hoops team is killing it.

The graduation rate does bother me though. That was something that we used to compare with anybody very favorably. We need to get that back.

Outside of Mens Basketball and to a MUCH lesser extent Mens Soccer no one cares except the players and their parents and friends.....

Rich, I can't tell if that's sarcasm, but the family and friends of Megan Boken probably beg to differ with you.... sad, but a lot of people care about our volleyball program.

Welcome back to being a jackass Metz. I'm sorry anyone was murdered. That she played volleyball means nothing in that equation.

Dude, I didn't know if that was sarcasm or not. Not being a jackass, just saying that in the aftermath of that tragedy, a lot of people rallied around that squad. Sorry man. No need for the name calling.

Dayton has put a tremendous amount of money into their Olympic sports in a quest to not be left at the altar once again. Unfortunately many feel this has been at the expense of the Men's Basketball team which is the only sport that most care about.

I agree why are our graduation rates so low? I understand the men's basketball team which should come back. But we are also very low on all athlete grad rates?

Just to keep this thread alive, Katz just posted a piece at ESPN.com. Says C7 teams to be named in 7-10 days.

-I can see pro's and con's to doing this while the NCAA Tourney is happening, if they want to do it before Apr 1 then do it at MSG during the BEast tourney, otherwise wait would be my advice (I see it getting lost during the NCAA)

-I can see pro's and con's to doing this while the NCAA Tourney is happening, if they want to do it before Apr 1 then do it at MSG during the BEast tourney, otherwise wait would be my advice (I see it getting lost during the NCAA)

No way, this is ALL they will be talking about during the games when they are filling up air time.

Multiply the Big East talk by 10 if any of the C7+5 make a decent run.