Great Article from Bernie

RiseAndGrind

I thought this was a good article. I think on some of his stuff he's trying really hard to be eloquent. Yeah that's hipsterish of me to dislike people trying too hard but that's just my thought. He is the token Polishman at the PD.

Twoja matka była chomikiem a ojciec śmierdział bez.

Oh how could I forget about you. You guys are running the place no wonder the PD Budget is:

1. Piekutowski Sausage $1mil 2. Ink $45.48 3. Paper $38.36

No I'm not related to hamsters now gerbils maybe.

Yes he did - he listed the two years and they were meant to be separate. He did the same thing with the NCAA appearances.

He only mentioned the one NIT finalist...the one that won 27 games. (The other one was 21-12ish, I believe.) He said team, not teams.

This could be the best SLU team in modern times. We’ll write more about this later, but I don’t think this group has to stand behind SLU’s NCAA Tournament teams in 1994, 1995, 1998 or 2000. Or, for that matter, the Rich Grawer-coached 1988-89 team, starring Anthony Bonner, that won 27 games and reached the final of the NIT Tournament.

The 1989-90 team also went to the NIT finals, and lost to Vanderbilt. The 27-win team lost to St. John's and limousine client Jayson Williams.

I'm not saying this one wasn't, but I'm pretty sure Miklasz could string together any random words and as long as they amounted to something positive for our Bills we'd call it a "Great Article" by Bernie.

Ha! I'm pretty sure I could say "The Bills are awesome" and you'd have a pessimistic viewpoint.

Oh how could I forget about you. You guys are running the place no wonder the PD Budget is:

1. Piekutowski Sausage $1mil 2. Ink $45.48 3. Paper $38.36

No I'm not related to hamsters now gerbils maybe.

I have mixed feeling about the Post Dispatch, but I love Piekutowski Sausage!!!

I have been going to SLU games since then the end of the Ron Ecker days and have had season tickets beginning with Grawer's second year (Freshman years of Roland Gray and Monroe Douglas). IMO, having seen all of these teams, I would say that this year's team is better than last year's team and that this year's team would steamroll every team that Grawer, Spoon and Romar had. It's not even close. These RM teams (last year and this year) are so good fundamentally, so talented, so deep and so good that they would beat what I consider SLU's best two (2) prior teams: the Larry Hughes team and the Claggs, Highmark and H Waldman team.

If they played, I'd like to think that JJ, JB, MM, KM, etc. each could take a turn at slowing Larry down and that our current team was better than the rest of Larry's team. For instance, I much prefer RL, CR, DE, GG and JM over Heinrich and Donnie Dobbs. As to the other Spoon team, would H, Claggs and Highmark light it up from the outside? Sure, but this year's team is known for its perimeter defense (defending the 3 pointer) and with this year's talent AND depth, again I think our current players would be able to slow them down from the perimeter and then be able to score on Spoon's team. For instance, while I loved Highmark's perimter shooting and general all-around skills and effort, JJ's defense, dribbling/ball-handling skills are far superior and both JJ and DE would would have a field day offensively if guarded by Highmark. And who back then would stop CE and/or DE?

I have been going to SLU games since then the end of the Ron Ecker days and have had season tickets beginning with Grawer's second year (Freshman years of Roland Gray and Monroe Douglas). IMO, having seen all of these teams, I would say that this year's team is better than last year's team and that this year's team would steamroll every team that Grawer, Spoon and Romar had. It's not even close. These RM teams (last year and this year) are so good fundamentally, so talented, so deep and so good that they would beat what I consider SLU's best two (2) prior teams: the Larry Hughes team and the Claggs, Highmark and H Waldman team.

If they played, I'd like to think that JJ, JB, MM, KM, etc. each could take a turn at slowing Larry down and that our current team was better than the rest of Larry's team. For instance, I much prefer RL, CR, DE, GG and JM over Heinrich and Donnie Dobbs. As to the other Spoon team, would H, Claggs and Highmark light it up from the outside? Sure, but this year's team is known for its perimeter defense (defending the 3 pointer) and with this year's talent AND depth, again I think our current players would be able to slow them down from the perimeter and then be able to score on Spoon's team. For instance, while I loved Highmark's perimter shooting and general all-around skills and effort, JJ's defense, dribbling/ball-handling skills are far superior and both JJ and DE would would have a field day offensively if guarded by Highmark. And who back then would stop CE and/or DE?

Glad to see you are back on board with this team. If I remember correctly, you were awfully down on them earlier in the season. Didn't you even declare the season as being over early on?

We'd beat Spoon's best teams. This year's team reminds me of those Cincy teams in the Great Midwest.