Any way Butler is ranked higher then us?

SluBallz

Dont post often, but at this point, I dont think rankings matter. We know how good we are. We've already shown 4 TIMES this season that we dont care who's ranked higher than us. Let's not worry about the media ttention, keep up the amazing play, and win ourselves an A10 title.

We'll be ranked. So quit the "who cares if we're ranked" talk. It's now irrelevant.

Being ranked is of some importance for recruiting purpose mostly and for keeping us high profile locally and nationally. Butler will stay ranked ahead of us because they will not drop 10 slots nor will we jump 12 slots. If we really are such a good team then Butler's loss to us is not that big of a deal.

Being ranked is of some importance for recruiting purpose mostly and for keeping us high profile locally and nationally. Butler will stay ranked ahead of us because they will not drop 10 slots nor will we jump 12 slots. If we really are such a good team then Butler's loss to us is not that big of a deal.

We'll be ahead of Butler. Stop with your nonsense. We'll jump 5-6 spots and they fall 5-6 spots just behind us.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Taj79" data-cid="345967" data-time="1361624843"><p>

I believe 17 or 18 would be about right. Certainly ahead of Butler, New Mexico and VCU for certain. But I think in reality, we'll be lucky to see 22 based on how these things work.</p></blockquote>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="slubillikens43" data-cid="346112" data-time="1361668431"><p>

#17 Marquette just lost. Does this help?</p></blockquote>

No, but everyday is better when Marquette loses.

We are still not perceived to be the better team. King on ESPN Saturday observations noted VCU's win over X but questioned why they were down so much in the first half. He then went on to say SLU is good but VCU lost to them by 14,,,.. Therefore VCU is not as good as he thought.

Clearly he defines the term......doofus

If we were KT or Duke or UNC we could leap past all kinds of teams but we are not and we do not belong to a BCS conf so surely there must be something wrong with us. Can some one explain to me why the late Sat. night game day game was two unranked teams? - you would never have seen that with mid majors or even one highly ranked mid major- that is my point.

If we were KT or Duke or UNC we could leap past all kinds of teams but we are not and we do not belong to a BCS conf so surely there must be something wrong with us. Can some one explain to me why the late Sat. night game day game was two unranked teams? - you would never have seen that with mid majors or even one highly ranked mid major- that is my point.

They're KY and you're not. They're Mizzery and you'd better be damn happy you're not

Actually it was a good matchup for TV.

And MU and KY are rated about equal to us in Vegas and other places. They have 19 wins, we have 21 against weaker schedules.

Vegas ranks us tied for # 18, though, again, that means "if we played someone today". Not a ranking for the whole years body of work.

MU would be 2 pt fav over us on neutral court, we would be 2 pt fav over KY on neutral court as of this mornings data.

And for you KenPom loons, MU is now #25, we are 27, and KY 33. Go figure.

Having said that, I watched a lot of the MU-KY game and we seem superior in so many areas, especially defensively. Both are undisciplined on "O" as well.

Hard to root for KY, but glad they won this one. F*ck Missouri.

For the Nate Silver fans out there, here is how we rank in the four computer rankings he uses to predict the NCAA tournament.........

Pomeroy - 27

Sagarin - 19

Sokol's LRMC - 37

Sonny Moore's - 13

The Moore rankings that have us the highest put extra weight on more recent results.

Cheese- in college bball the game day selections for ESPN are picked before the season starts. The Kentucky mizzou match up makes sense given both were pre season top 20. Once game day is coming that becomes the prime time ESPN game on Saturday night.

We will be right around 20 when the new polls come out. We have had fabulous national press this week so lets act like everyone is out to get us.

Cheese- in college bball the game day selections for ESPN are picked before the season starts. The Kentucky mizzou match up makes sense given both were pre season top 20. Once game day is coming that becomes the prime time ESPN game on Saturday night.

We will be right around 20 when the new polls come out. We have had fabulous national press this week so lets act like everyone is out to get us.

Seems rather risky if you ask me - even the NFL gets the option to change game times for their evening games late in the season. I appreciate your explanation.

For the Nate Silver fans out there, here is how we rank in the four computer rankings he uses to predict the NCAA tournament.........

Pomeroy - 27

Sagarin - 19

Sokol's LRMC - 37

Sonny Moore's - 13

The Moore rankings that have us the highest put extra weight on more recent results.

As of this morning 2/28

Pomeroy - 25

Sagarin - 17

Sokol's LRMC - 37

Sonny Moore's - 11

RPI is now at 30.