Dear VCU Lurker Fans

moytoy12

The refs didn't cost you the game. You know what did cost you the game? The f'ing team you were playing. We kicked your ass in pretty much every measurable stat, including the not so important scoreboard. You chicken sh!ts can blame it on the refs all you want (you might want to review the tape where the sh!tty ref tried to rough up Rammer), but that doesn't take away from the fact that we kicked your ass up and down the court.

Good luck getting a job graduating from Catfish U.

Some cow on the Ramituptheassnation website was crying that she we ill treated by Billiken fans who threaten to trip her down some stairs or something. That sure sounds like us......what a bunch of horse poop or should I say *****'s poop. I hope Richmond makes the new big east with us after reading that crap.......

Some cow on the Ramituptheassnation website was crying that she we ill treated by Billiken fans who threaten to trip her down some stairs or something. That sure sounds like us......what a bunch of horse poop or should I say *****'s poop. I hope Richmond makes the new big east with us after reading that crap.......

This sounds like bull**** but if true she shouldn't have came to Chaifetz.

In the Civil War, the citizens of Richmond set fire to their own city. Last night the Billikens torched it.

DANG! So close... VCU was ranked 24th and Jefferson Davis graduated 23rd in his class at West Point. Shoot.

#Confederacy

Are you saying that visiting fans shouldn't be welcome at Chaifetz?

I hope this story is BS, but you never know. There are a-holes in every fan base.

Wonder if that was Cliff Lee's wife...

DANG! So close... VCU was ranked 24th and Jefferson Davis graduated 23rd in his class at West Point. Shoot.

#Confederacy

Confirmed -- U.S. Military Academy, Register of Officers and Graduates of the U.S. Military Academy from March 16 to January 1, 1850. Compiled by Capt. George W. Cullum. West Point, N.Y.: 1850, p. 148.

this thread is dangerous. i personally want nothing to do with vcu again this season as the likelihood of the best opportunity to play them is the third game in three days in brooklyn. while havoc was beaten last night, i would imagine havoc after two previous games on the road and eating hotel food and sleeping in a different bed, doesnt equate to the same effect as last night.

The refs didn't cost you the game. You know what did cost you the game? The f'ing team you were playing. We kicked your ass in pretty much every measurable stat, including the not so important scoreboard. You chicken sh!ts can blame it on the refs all you want (you might want to review the tape where the sh!tty ref tried to rough up Rammer), but that doesn't take away from the fact that we kicked your ass up and down the court.

Good luck getting a job graduating from Catfish U.

Classy victory speech.

I understand every fan base has their morons, and this guy is clearly one of yours. I think you'll find a lot of folks over at VCURamNation.com who knew this was going to be a tough game heading into it, and have a great deal of respect for St. Louis and what they've done this season playing with heavy hearts after the passing of Coach Majerus .

Anyway, best of luck to you all from a VCU fan. You guys are on fire.

Classy victory speech.

I understand every fan base has their morons, and this guy is clearly one of yours. I think you'll find a lot of folks over at VCURamNation.com who knew this was going to be a tough game heading into it, and have a great deal of respect for St. Louis and what they've done this season playing with heavy hearts after the passing of Coach Majerus .

Anyway, best of luck to you all from a VCU fan. You guys are on fire.

HA! MoyToy that guy just told you "PAYSTUBS! BRING EM' SEE YOU IN SALINAS, KS"

Natty you're absolutely right about this guy. I was worried about the game. I don't want to diminish VCU as a team. I think they are very good and the accomplishments the last few years only make SLU's performance look even more impressive.

Natty, Moytoy is one of our shining stars. He obviously was frustrated with your fan base and took it out in this thread. Good for him.

I'm glad we were able to expose your gimmick of a defense. Who named it havoc anyways?

Btw, it's Saint Louis. St. Louis is the city. Just a heads up. Good luck the rest of the way, and I hope we get you guys again in Brooklyn.

I think FDL might be right. Also, the copious amounts of stout german beer on an empty stomach might have played into this little rant.

Regardless, that was a beat down last night. Refs had nothing to do with it. Domination from start to finish. I will say that the VCU program is much classier than Charlotte. So you have that going for you.

Natty, Moytoy is one of our shining stars. He obviously was frustrated with your fan base and took it out in this thread. Good for him.

I'm glad we were able to expose your gimmick of a defense. Who named it havoc anyways?

Btw, it's Saint Louis. St. Louis is the city. Just a heads up. Good luck the rest of the way, and I hope we get you guys again in Brooklyn.

Still getting used to the A-10 teams, thanks for the heads up on the abbreviation.

I think VCU will bounce back. Hell, we got blasted at home by George Mason in 2011 (20-point loss), then ended up beating them by 16 in the conference tournament before going on to the Final 4 that season. I think the younger version of me would freak out right now, but after seeing our Final 4 team look miserable, then regrouping to do what they did, I learned not to doubt Coach Smart.

And personally, I don't think our defense is a gimmick. It's been very effective (tops in the nation in turnovers, steals %, etc), so the numbers are there to support it's effectiveness. Definitely wasn't on last night, but it's been on more times than not this season, and we're still 21-6 after losing to another 20 win team on the road, so I don't think Shaka will be scrapping his gameplan after a bad night on the road.

As far as the naming of it, Shaka mentioned he wanted to "wreak havoc" on opposing teams psyche in his press conference when we hired him, then apparently recruiting guru Dave Telep somehow kicked that off as a brand, I forget how that happened, stories are out there. Either way, it's obviously big around here (sells a lot of t-shirts), and I think is good for recruiting (branding probably helps us a ton there, especially nationally), but obviously if you lose teams can throw it in your face. I'll take it. Got me a free trip to the Final 4 a few years ago, so I'm a havoc fan.

I'll be real interested to see how the A-10 season shakes out. TONS of great games between these top teams to finish out the conference season. Personally I'd like to just get to a conference tournament for the first time in my life and not have to win it to advance. I think if both our teams handle business from here on out we'll be in that position.

Good luck, and see you in Brooklyn.

Still getting used to the A-10 teams, thanks for the heads up on the abbreviation.

I think VCU will bounce back. Hell, we got blasted at home by George Mason in 2011 (20-point loss), then ended up beating them by 16 in the conference tournament before going on to the Final 4 that season. I think the younger version of me would freak out right now, but after seeing our Final 4 team look miserable, then regrouping to do what they did, I learned not to doubt Coach Smart.

And personally, I don't think our defense is a gimmick. It's been very effective (tops in the nation in turnovers, steals %, etc), so the numbers are there to support it's effectiveness. Definitely wasn't on last night, but it's been on more times than not this season, and we're still 21-6 after losing to another 20 win team on the road, so I don't think Shaka will be scrapping his gameplan after a bad night on the road.

As far as the naming of it, Shaka mentioned he wanted to "wreak havoc" on opposing teams psyche in his press conference when we hired him, then apparently recruiting guru Dave Telep somehow kicked that off as a brand, I forget how that happened, stories are out there. Either way, it's obviously big around here (sells a lot of t-shirts), and I think is good for recruiting (branding probably helps us a ton there, especially nationally), but obviously if you lose teams can throw it in your face. I'll take it. Got me a free trip to the Final 4 a few years ago, so I'm a havoc fan.

I'll be real interested to see how the A-10 season shakes out. TONS of great games between these top teams to finish out the conference season. Personally I'd like to just get to a conference tournament for the first time in my life and not have to win it to advance. I think if both our teams handle business from here on out we'll be in that position.

The abbreviation thing really is just a pet peeve of people around here. Comes from people thinking that SLU is a public school named after the city like Memphis or something, when it's actually a Jesuit university. Spelling out Saint helps clarify that.

I like your explanation on the "gimmick" defense. Personally, the naming is what made it seem gimmick-y for me. Constant full-court pressure isn't really anything new

I don't think it's that your defense wasn't on. It was more about our experience and patience with the ball.

It's like someone on your board who said VCU just happened to play their worst game last night. Yea, so did Butler and NM when playing the Bills. Think it's just coincidence that all 3 top 25 teams we've played just happened to play their worst game against us?

Your board certainly wasn't anymore "classy" than ours. Some fans showing respect and acknowledging you got beat by the better team (at least that night, though I believe overall), some fans claiming it was just a bad game for you, and some being ignorant. The same is true with all fan bases and message boards

To be fair, you really can't avoid the gimicky-ness of some things. Havoc is one thing, so too was Forty Minutes of Hell. MasonNation was all the rage in Cleveland two years ago at the NCAA first round when I was there. Play Like A Champion Today might be another. The Izzo-Zone. Clevelan'd Dawg Pound. Iggles. The West Coast Offense. Run-n-Shoot. America's Team. Whatever. Doesn't bother me one way or another. Kind of give you an identity that is more understandable. Some who don't have it might be jealous but not admit it.

My thing with the current Havoc thing is that I didn't see VCU as being "skilled" as seems to be the case with many teams nowadays. It dovetails into the other thread about referees calling fouls fouls and Bilas crying about basketball being tough to watch today. I was not impressed with VCU's ability to shoot the jumper. I have seen them six or seven times so I think I have a body of work as evidence. They have seven pretty good guards and it is to their advantage to play that way. Playing that way could even negate some benches --- for us Rob Loe, Cory Remekun, Grandy Glaze and John Manning become unusable players if Havoc reigns supreme. Umass fell apart in my opinion because ythey have one guard in Chaz Williams. GeeDub had no guards. That's why I think VCU wins at X on Saturday. Smart has recurited those types of players based on his style. You do whatever to give you the best chance to win.

We exposed New Mexico. We exposed Butler. We exposed VCU. What I like about us right now is we play defense and have a number of guys who we can go to on various nights which makes a lo tharder to contain and figure out down the stretch run.

Yeah, I don't think it is a gimmick defense. I've seen VCU destroy UMass and a few other decent teams. Some of our fans just need to give our guys credit. When our guards are on, we are tough to stop. We handled this press a lot better than we did Savannah State about a month and a half ago, so we have come a long way. Regarding the name "Havoc" defense, I have no problem with the name, but when they put that on their practice jerseys, that is cornball stuff and deserving of ridicule when they get beat. Keep the name, but keep it off the warm ups would be my friendly advice. VCU will be a dangerous team in March. They will punish teams that don't have several really good guards.

I don't think it's that your defense wasn't on. It was more about our experience and patience with the ball.

This may sound weird, but I think what killed our defense was YOUR defense.

We can't set up our press if we can't score...and man, that's one of the worst first halves I've ever seen us have (credit to SLU).

Treveon Graham is our top scorer on the season, and he was 4-16. He's usually our most consistent player (he and Reddic..and I think those guys are legit first-teamers). Rob Brandenberg is good, but has been streaky throughout his career at VCU...1-6 last night. Then you've got our seniors, PG Darius Theus and 3-point shooter Troy Daniels who combined for just 9 attempts. Credit that to SLU's D, but you know when your team is having a bad game, and your seniors aren't helping, that that gets you fuming a bit.

I have faith in Shaka though to get us playing our best ball down the stretch. I'm telling you...we had some absolutely MISERABLE games our Final 4 season. Had a 40-17 first half at Richmond (most painful half ever). Last night was bad, but try getting waxed by your biggest rival in their gym...no fun, but ended up rallying to end the season in Houston.

VCU will bounce back, so hopefully you guys can at least count on us for an RPI boost ;)

This may sound weird, but I think what killed our defense was YOUR defense.

We can't set up our press if we can't score...and man, that's one of the worst first halves I've ever seen us have (credit to SLU).

Treveon Graham is our top scorer on the season, and he was 4-16. He's usually our most consistent player (he and Reddic..and I think those guys are legit first-teamers). Rob Brandenberg is good, but has been streaky throughout his career at VCU...1-6 last night. Then you've got our seniors, PG Darius Theus and 3-point shooter Troy Daniels who combined for just 9 attempts. Credit that to SLU's D, but you know when your team is having a bad game, and your seniors aren't helping, that that gets you fuming a bit.

I have faith in Shaka though to get us playing our best ball down the stretch. I'm telling you...we had some absolutely MISERABLE games our Final 4 season. Had a 40-17 first half at Richmond (most painful half ever). Last night was bad, but try getting waxed by your biggest rival in their gym...no fun, but ended up rallying to end the season in Houston.

VCU will bounce back, so hopefully you guys can at least count on us for an RPI boost ;)

Kick X in the crotch for us.......