tiger jeff gordo sighhh

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/jeff-gordon/tipsheet-why-is-fordham-in-the-a/article_e5678d8b-bb7d-51c6-ae44-ad4bf1d1a704.html

some harsh comments about the a-10. someone want to tell gordo that the A-10 is currently ahead of the SEC in the conference RPI ranks even with fordham?

he is still a d!ck

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/jeff-gordon/tipsheet-why-is-fordham-in-the-a/article_e5678d8b-bb7d-51c6-ae44-ad4bf1d1a704.html

some harsh comments about the a-10. someone want to tell gordo that the A-10 is currently ahead of the SEC in the conference RPI ranks even with fordham?

he is still a d!ck

roy, I think you are being a little too sensitive about this. It was mostly shots at Fordham. If you go on to see Pointed Observations, he talked about SLU and the game. He actually watched the game and gave fair observations. The only thing that seemed a bit "dick-ish" was not mentioning SLU as a possibility to join the C7.

And note how he conveniently left out SLU being considered for admission to the C7. His yellow and black skirts are showing big time here. He's probably afraid that if SLU does make it into the C&+3/+5 we'll be the bigger basketball story in St. Louis, rather than his alma mater. The SEC, save for UK and FL, has been an up and down conference in hoops in recent years. Yes Bama, Arkansas, LSU, even USC can make some noise every two years or so but they're not consistently good programs. It's definitely a step down from the B12 where KU, TX, OKS, Baylor et al are consistently strong programs. Is he hinting we'll jump back to the MVC with his comment "who knows where SLU will end up?"

He does highlight one thing I noticed, GG is pretty good at finishing around the rim (you're welcome, jimbo). It often looks unorthodox, but he is very effective. He's gonna need to work on the free throw shooting non-stop in the offseason because I can see him going to the line a fair amount.

How about labeling the conference "a mess"? Or "mishmash". Last i looked his sec conf is just as spread.

How about labeling the conference "a mess"? Or "mishmash". Last i looked his sec conf is just as spread.

Well, I think his point was that with Temple and Charlotte leaving, plus Butler and Xavier likely leaving along with perhaps SLU, Dayton or VCU, the outlook for the conference currently is a "mess." I don't think he was talking about the quality of play on the court this season.

As others have pointed out, he is a hack and I think simply didn't lay out that point very well. I think he was also trying to show that Fordham's program does not fit in with the rest of the A-10, which is currently at a higher level.

When.it come to college sports I cant stand Gordon.

I do find some of his "tipsheet" articles entertaining at times.

But I have read articles by him this year going off on SEC basketball and on Mizzou I havent seen anything written by him blasting SLU.

The guy can be a bit of a bozo and he really likes to push SLU fans buttons, but I didnt see it here.

Gordon is a piece. He really should have made the last part of the article the lead portion of the story and the first part the last as a side note. No one cares about Rose Hill Gym in STL. Trashing Fordham is a waste of everyone's time. Using Fordham to trash the A10 is petty and unproductive. I would take this article to slightly, subtely bash the win over Forham for SLU. He must be hard up for material.

I find that SLU will have have to achieve at a 20% greater rate than the other local favorites in order to receive decent recognition. I feel like we get more love from ESPN than The Post.

Funniest part of Gordo's Article, which didn't strike me as particularly anti-Billiken. He could've pimped us for the new Big East but chances are he's just ignorant rather than hateful about it.......

Dwayne Evans sealed off Fordham defenders with ease while making 10 of 12 shots during his 24-point, 10-rebound game. He kept the Rams on his hip all night. It was almost too easy for him, like he was cleaning up at a rec center pick-up game against English majors.

Gordon is a Missouri honk who simply can not come to grips with the fact that he is no longer an Antler - time to grow up and figure out that you are in the real world and have to be open to something other than Missouri. As far as this article went, it was not too bad - he could have done a better job regarding us and the C7 but truth is we do not know what is going to happen to us which is basically what he said. His thoughts about Fordham are not unfair. Truth be told those who have posted about how Fordham is not that far away are wrong - they have 2 players and one will be gone year after next not to mention Gaston gone at the end of this year. While they hung with us for awhile, the game was never really in jeopardy and the fact they faded so quickly at the end at home only points to their futile situation. I do not want to kick a guy when he is down but Fordham has never really been up

But what was the pooint of Gordon writing that whole article about Fordham. If SLU wanted to stay in the A-10 and not get in the NBE then he would have a point. To not mention that SLU was doing everything they can to get in along with Xavier and Butler, is a little odd, and makes you wonder what is his agenda.

Roy, Gordon is just pissed off that Mizzou and Pinkel have the worst ranked football recruits in all the SEC. Everybody thought that once Mizzou joined the SEC, that even bigger recruits would be coming. Well, so far that doesn't even appear to be the case. Even the Ezekiel kid out of Burroughs picked Ohio State over Mizzou and both his parents played sports at Mizzou. My guess is that Mizzou football will be at best mediocre in the SEC until a new Coach is hired. All of that has Gordon pissy.

I don't think the article was as bad you think, but my hatred of Gordon probably isn't as bad as yours.