Any coach you want - who would it be.

slufanskip

You get 1 coach, no hedging. You get him for 5 years, all coaches cost the same, so price is irrelevant. He's going to coach at SLU, so being a good fit should count. He has to be current and able to fill the job. In other words, Rickma is out, so is Dean Smith.

I'll go with Billy Donovan - Young, wins consistently, and it'd keep the St. Louis players closer to home.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad Stevens, hands down. Only 36 and has already been to two Championship Games. Could conceivably be around for another 30 years.

Absolutely my # 1 pick, too. Wow.

(however, MB73 expects he is waiting for and will take Duke, 'Cuse, or NC, whichever one comes open first)

Brad Stevens, hands down. Only 36 and has already been to two Championship Games. Could conceivably be around for another 30 years.

ditto

Hands down, you'd take him for only the next 5 years over Izzo, Crean, Self, ect? Would they have even made the tournament those years if they weren't in the Horizon League?

I'm taking Self. He's only 49. Coach K is 65, and anything Calipari does will likely get vacated.

Self has 8 straight Big 12 regular season titles. 5 Big 12 tournament titles, 5 Elite 8's, 2 Final Fours in 9 years at KU. Another elite 8 at Illinois and another at Tulsa.

Hands down, you'd take him for only the next 5 years over Izzo, Crean, Self, ect? Would they have even made the tournament those years if they weren't in the Horizon League?

I'm taking Self. He's only 49. Coach K is 65, and anything Calipari does will likely get vacated.

Self has 8 straight Big 12 regular season titles. 5 Big 12 tournament titles, 5 Elite 8's, 2 Final Fours in 9 years at KU. Another elite 8 at Illinois and another at Tulsa.

Umm, are you asking me to defend my wish fulfillment pick that will never happen against your wish that will also never materialize? Lets face it, if either Stevens or Self came to SLU to coach we'd all collectively piss ourselves in excitement. So, stop crapping all over my dream, man! ;)