• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the Billikens looked

1) Lazy

2) Undisciplined

3) Sloppy

4) Poorly Coached

There was no leadership, SLU didn't play defense with any intensity and didn't run the offense with any precision. Not to mention they didn't make easy shots. I can't think there was a single positive take away from that game.

When you make twice as many free throws as they attempted, you should win the game.

I'm out of town and glad I didn't go see this whipping.

The only thing I can think is VCU's havoc defense is going to tear us apart.

We may need KM as soon as we can get him.

Did either of the freshmen get any minutes?

My favorite parts of this disaster.

Due to fouls and injuries at one point we ran out a 1 guard lineup, McCall, Evans, Ellis, Loe, & Glaze out on the floor. That crew gave up 4 offensive rebounds.

Jett so frustrated not even a minute into the 2nd half he open field tackles Foster into the SC bench. He should have never come back in the game.

McCall had a sequence of 2 TOs on offense both leading to points, the final one he fouled his man soft allowing him to get the And1. Crews yanks him, deservedly so, but no one on the staff says a word to him the whole time he's on the bench.

Crews substituting Glaze in for defense in the waning moments. Glaze tries, but he is by far the most inept interior defender on the team. He was only in good position tonight by accident.

Who's our best 3 point shooter on the roster currently and the only guard who can make 3s? McCall. How many 3s does he take? None. How many plays did we run to get him a 3 point shot? None.

Everyone says we miss Conklin, Mitchell, & Majerus. I've been one his biggest critics, but I'd take Cassity tonight. Somebody to make that extra pass to a wide open shooter on the weak side. We used to run those all night long. Haven't seen one yet this year.

I'm out of town and glad I didn't go see this whipping.

The only thing I can think is VCU's havoc defense is going to tear us apart.

We may need KM as soon as we can get him.

Did either of the freshmen get any minutes?

Keith Carter played but left with some kind of leg injury. He never returned to the game and not sure if he was on the bench. Just a crappy, crappy night all around.

playing glaze is beyond belief. if manning is truly that far behind glaze, that speaks volumes about him. at least 4 of the layups last night be santa clara were a result of jett getting beat off the dribble, (i would have lost big on the bet that jett gets beat off the dribble four times THIS YEAR) loe plays it right coming over to help out, but the way help defense works grandy, is you slide down then to cover the upcoming weakside pass. grandy of course just watched from afar.

great point about mccall not shooting one three pointer.

if nothing else, last night exposed that indeed conklin and cassity have not been replaced. the sophs arent ready and the freshmen arent going to help.

mitchell and rememken need to get back real fast.

When my wife says Glaze is getting killed on defense you know he shouldn't be playing. This is where we really miss Corey.

Also, I thought the same exact thing about McCall not taking any 3's. all we ran were the on ball pick and having our guards take contested layups or get trapped. No adjustments whatsoever.

Absolutely no excuse to allow Jett to get his 3rd foul in the first half, and then his 4th early in the second half. We were only down 13 at halftime, I still believed we would come back, but after that I lost a lot of hope.

Thats one of the few things Crews did that I liked. I'm tired of watching teams lose games with players sitting on the bench because of foul trouble. With Carter hurt Jett needed to play. I know I'm old but in the good old days you played in the first half until you picked up your third. What I don't agree with is he didn't call his team over when Jett fouled out. It's like you have given up.