Let's talk recruiting

Does anyone have any idea who the Bills might get a fall comitment from for the fall signing period. TIRED of reading about realignment, strenghth of conferences, etc.

Good question. I don't know who the coaches are recruiting but I hope they are recruiting players with some size (forwards/centers) seeing we already have a commitment from a California guard.

Good question. I don't know who the coaches are recruiting but I hope they are recruiting players with some size (forwards/centers) seeing we already have a commitment from a California guard.

Please refresh my memory who is this guard? There is also a guard from outside Madison WI - his name escapes me and that is my bad since I posted his name earlier from an article in their local paper.

Please refresh my memory who is this guard? There is also a guard from outside Madison WI - his name escapes me and that is my bad since I posted his name earlier from an article in their local paper.

I think he's referring to McBroom, the transfer from Central Michigan who is from California.

Where this topic is headed:

1) We need to replace Conklin

2) Manning looks underwhelming

3) Why do we have so many point guards

4) Actually the classes are aligned perfectly

5) Loe, Manning, or Glaze will have to step up.

Could you summarize the rest of the topics likely to be on the board in the next few months? I could get more work done without having to check-in here.

Thanks

:P

Where this topic is headed:

1) We need to replace Conklin

2) Manning looks underwhelming

3) Why do we have so many point guards

4) Actually the classes are aligned perfectly

5) Loe, Manning, or Glaze will have to step up.

Still not going to stop this thread from blowing up. ;) But, good try!

I think he's referring to McBroom, the transfer from Central Michigan who is from California.

I think his name is actually McLovin and based on the photos I found on the intranet he might not be the type of character player we want...

Posted Image

stopped by the rec after work yesterday and saw the team (and others) playing pick-up.

there were a few I didn't recognize (perhaps potential recruits), the most involved of which was a tall, skinny white kid, about as tall as CR. Think I remember seeing him wearing a Ladue practice jersey... anyone have any guesses?

A few notes:

They were split up into 3 teams, best team looked to have KM, CR, CE, DE, and I think Grant Gehlen.

KM was the Captain - no doubt about it. Took it to anyone/everyone every chance he could get.

DE, CE, CR all seemed to be working quite well together.

Other notes:

We all know Grandy has a motor, and he definitely showed it yesterday, but honestly, I'm not sure he's going to step into the role that Conklin had (like we all hoped) this year. It might take him another year or more to find it. I wouldn't be surprised if he only got 8-10 minutes a game next year as someone's back up.

JM looks strong. Should be fun to watch him play this year. Mini jump hook looked good.

Seriously though, I doubt there will be so many "we need big men" posts after we see Manning and Glaze play this fall.

And you know that, how? Hope you are right but I am skeptical.

Best bet for true post up player is RL, he has the tools, needs to play tough down, uh, low. Step out and pop a "3" every once in awhile, yes, but mostly post up. He needs to change his game.

We have plenty that can pop the "3".

CE can do it, too, as a secondary option IMO if he is tasked with that role at times.

If we are going to do as well or better than last year, this has to happen.

If Manning and / or Glaze are as effective at Conklin, then that is gold, we are going places for sure. But again, there is no evidence that can happen in 2012-2013. Maybe in another year or two.

And you know that, how? Hope you are right but I am skeptical.

Best bet for true post up player is RL, he has the tools, needs to play tough down, uh, low. Step out and pop a "3" every once in awhile, yes, but mostly post up. He needs to change his game.

We have plenty that can pop the "3".

CE can do it, too, as a secondary option IMO if he is tasked with that role at times.

If we are going to do as well or better than last year, this has to happen.

If Manning and / or Glaze are as effective at Conklin, then that is gold, we are going places for sure. But again, there is no evidence that can happen in 2012-2013. Maybe in another year or two.

We don't need Glaze or Manning to be as good as Conklin next year. That is an unrealistic expectation. Even with the loss of BC, I think overall we will be a better team due to the core of returning players and their continued development.

We don't need Glaze or Manning to be as good as Conklin next year. That is an unrealistic expectation. Even with the loss of BC, I think overall we will be a better team due to the core of returning players and their continued development.

People always under-estimate the value of 1 extra year in the system, being stronger, older, etc. We went from 12 wins 2 years ago to 26 last year and the only additions were Kwamain and a healthy Cody. Both those guys are great but they weren't worth 14 wins. The improvement of players like Jett, Evans and Conklin, among others was just as important.

We'll be a good team even if GG and JM don't step-up because we have so much talent elsewhere but if we are really going to be a top 25 team and get a 6 or better seed in the dance, we'll likely need one of them to meaningfully contribute.