'12-'13 OOC known sched to date

slu72

Home v UNM

Away v UWashington

Home v SIU

Were Vermont and Loyola Marymount singles only? (I'd love to see us dismantle ULM)

And we have the CBE w/ some pretty good teams and may well play KU.

I wonder if Berry going to Butler didn't include a visit to the Fetz? Maybe not next year, but down the road. Or if they're really entering the A-10 just let it happen as an IC game.

Guess no deal was made w/ FL for Beal's sake. Of course, he'll likely be in the NBA.

Would like to see us get Creighton or WSU on the sched to replace MoSt.

Note to the A-10; get cracking on a MWest v A-10 challenge.

My understanding was Loyola Marymount was a H-H series with them coming here in 2012-13.

Vermont was a buy game.

Rick mentioned trying to get Creighton on the schedule. Seems next year and the following would be beneficial to both teams.

Home:

New Mexico

SIUC

Loyola-Marymount

Away:

Washington

Neutral:

CBE @ Sprint Center in KC

Washington State/Texas A&M in the semifinals

Washington State/Texas A&M/Kansas in the finals

-'72, nolan berry will be a senior in the fall at desmet

-Rick made it sound in one of the interviews lately that the new mex game will be on new year's eve, as our visit to them was

-i think most of the bradley talk was by posters from peoria

Vermont was a buy game.

A game in Burlington would be great (possibly just for me) :) . Someone tell Majerus that there are a lot of great restaurants (because of this most likely: http://www.neci.edu/ ) nearby.

TRIVIA: Why is is Vermont abbreviated UVM? (ANSWER: http://www.uvm.edu/about_uvm/?Page=history/default.html&SM=historysubmenu.html)

This is purely selfish, but I'd love to see us do a H-H w/ the College of Charleston. We've done it w/ Davidson and Furman, why not give the kids a trip to the historic Holy City. And trust me, RM would love the restaurants. I mean love 'em.

I remember last summer some discussion about starting a series with Bradley. The new coach at Bradley and Rich M.,I believe, are friends. Don't think anything was official though.

Geno Ford (Bradley) and Rick are close - GF came to the Hilltop from Kent St. and we played them a few times since RM has been at the U. From what I've heard from sources at Bradley is that it will be a four-game series (two at Chaifetz, two at Carver).

There was some tension between former BU and SLU AD's Ken Kavanaugh and Cheryl Levick, apparently BU got to the altar, but SLU never committed; but now that new AD's are in place at both schools, a renewal of a once-classic Missouri Valley Conference rivalry is in order.

I guess I am just not all that excited about a possible series getting started with Bradley. Right now, we are already committed to a game with another MVC school in rebuilding mode (SIU) who just fired their coach. Why do we need to schedule another school like that at this time? I understand the past history and all that, but right now, Bradley is a team that has had 2 straight seasons of sub 200 RPIs. We can get a buy game from similar (or better) quality teams.

If Bradley shows improvement this season under Ford, then I say go ahead and look into starting a series with them. But not until that happens. Otherwise, if they are still bottom-feeding in the MVC, then let them become a buy game, a la SEMO or UMKC in the past. Hopefully the talk about getting a lengthy series started is just smoke coming from the Peoria posters on this board.

I guess I am just not all that excited about a possible series getting started with Bradley. Right now, we are already committed to a game with another MVC school in rebuilding mode (SIU) who just fired their coach. Why do we need to schedule another school like that at this time? I understand the past history and all that, but right now, Bradley is a team that has had 2 straight seasons of sub 200 RPIs. We can get a buy game from similar (or better) quality teams.

If Bradley shows improvement this season under Ford, then I say go ahead and look into starting a series with them. But not until that happens. Otherwise, if they are still bottom-feeding in the MVC, then let them become a buy game, a la SEMO or UMKC in the past. Hopefully the talk about getting a lengthy series started is just smoke coming from the Peoria posters on this board.

I agree with your first paragraph - however, one MVC game is enough so either pick SIU or Bradley - would seem unfair to SIU since they have been loyal to us and us to them.

RE: the Bradley series, just spoke to Dave Reynolds, BU's beat writer and a former colleague at the Peoria Journal Star. He told me that while GF and RM have had conversations about renewing the series, the two schools are still trying to hammer out an agreeable date for a game and that the probability for a 12-13 season game is unlikely. So the "smoke from the Peoria posters" isn't white yet. No official word on a series.

That would be a tough road trip; UW then the Zags? Hmmm, I know we're supposed to be good, but good enough to take 2 games against 2 tough WC teams? Someone mentioned Florida, which would probably depend on whether Beals stays or leaves for the NBA.

That would be a tough road trip; UW then the Zags? Hmmm, I know we're supposed to be good, but good enough to take 2 games against 2 tough WC teams? Someone mentioned Florida, which would probably depend on whether Beals stays or leaves for the NBA.

Beal is going to leave. He is projected to be a 5-10 pick in the draft right now.

Put me in the group who doesn't think Bradley would be a good game.

In my opinion it's a fine game if it replaces a buy team like Arkansas St or whatever. But I would rather have a constant series with teams like Loyola Marymount over Bradley. It'd be nice to play a WCC team every year.

If we are going to have another home/away series with a MoValley team I would prefer Bradley over SMS/MoState

Missouri State backed out of our series or whatever but I'd still take them over Bradley. Better team and better regional game in my opinion.