CS Patch

davidnark

incredibly disappointed by the athletic department on the lack of easy Ed remembrance (whatever happened to those patches). I wasnt at the game (class) so dont know if they did anything for spoon but I wish SLU would show a bit more appreciation for our history even if it isnt vast.

incredibly disappointed by the athletic department on the lack of easy Ed remembrance (whatever happened to those patches). I wasnt at the game (class) so dont know if they did anything for spoon but I wish SLU would show a bit more appreciation for our history even if it isnt vast.

There was a moment of silence before the national anthem, and a photo montage during halftime after announcing the athletic-academic honor roll. Student section and band held up plastic spoons during the moment of silence.

Spoon was great but I'd associate him more with Missouri State than us. Of course, if he had one or two years at UNLV and they are doing it, why shouldn't we? But as pointed out, we lost our one, true legend in Ed and zip, nada, zilch. We don't get it -- werwant to be big time but have no clue what that entails.

We don't even have the American flag on our jersey in support of our troops.

Obviously doing any uniform alterations would cost $ the athletic dept. doesn't have.

We don't even have an Air Jordan patch on our uniforms in support of Michael Jordan, like Bonawelding did. Damn.

Milwaukee.

Now wait. Spoon died only hours prior to the tipoff. He died at his home in North Carolina. For years, Spoon was neither a local or a regular to campus or the program. He did not attend games and support the program like John Wooden did all those years. Yes, Spoon has been the best coach I've seen at SLU prior to RM (too soon to judge RM), I was sorry to see him leave and "retire" and now I am sorry to hear he has died, but Spoon up and left SLU in the middle of his contract and on his own terms. Most likely, Spoon gave up after feeling the void left by Hughes and the lack of support by, personal confrontations with and pettiness of Fr. Biondi.

SLU's last minute tribute was great. I give the Athletic Department alot of blame when they deserve it but to blame them for not doing more only hours after Spoon passing is unfair.

Obviously doing any uniform alterations would cost $ the athletic dept. doesn't have.

So we are supposed to have 2 memorial patches and an American flag patch? Are we allowed to keep any room for "Saint Louis" and the player's number? I know you're a NASCAR fan and I guess you don't mind clutter but there's a lot less surface area on a basketball jersey.

I'd like to see a couple small memorial patches for Spoon and Easy Ed, arguably the two biggest Billiken icons of all time. But I will say (as a former equipment manager)- so people don't get up in arms about something like this- that it would logistically be very hard to do this mid-season. We have games basically every 3-4 days, half of which are on the road. Assume there are 16 home and 16 road jerseys for everyone on the team, plus a few alternates of each that get used for blood or when a jersey gets forgotten. So you'd have to design 2 patches, make sure the order is correct, send something like 40 jerseys to the embroiderer, who would then have to get all of these custom-designed patches in place with virtually no turnaround time. Also, keep in mind that just about every embroiderer is a mom-and-pop kind of operation with limited hours. And we'd be counting on them to apply all 40 without any mistakes because we don't have time to fix a mistake.

Just saying, it's not easy to do unless it's done before the season starts.

We don't even have the crucifix on our uniforms in support of our missionaries.

Actually, if you're gonna have OUR flag, then it just seems right to have the flags of New Zealand, Australia, Greece and Canada on there too. We are an international team. Like Kroenke, we need to expand our brand globally.