Plea from Rammer

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Students are allowed to bring a friend for free over break. Me, my brother, and my girlfriend are trying to get 3 more people who will be passionate about the game. It's not much but every person helps.

Hell, even having 10 students yelling all game makes a difference. It really made me mad at the GW game when 3 rows of students (not sure if they were or not) stood in front of the boy scouts and families and barely made a peep the entire game...

Here is a comment from a "fan" in response to Rammer's plea. Read it and talk amongst yourselves.

Robert Fleming

What if the fans don't want the Billikens to be big-time? What if the Jesuit traditions dictate humility? Maybe having an excellent scholar-athlete program that plays at a very competitive level is enough? What is SLU's graduation rate? How does it compare with Mizzou and Illinois? What kinds of post-basketball careers have been spawned by SLU? Mizzou? Illinois? Maybe SLU has found the perfect middle ground. Perhaps the "fans" don't want hysteria.

Here is a comment from a "fan" in response to Rammer's plea. Read it and talk amongst yourselves.

Robert Fleming

What if the fans don't want the Billikens to be big-time? What if the Jesuit traditions dictate humility? Maybe having an excellent scholar-athlete program that plays at a very competitive level is enough? What is SLU's graduation rate? How does it compare with Mizzou and Illinois? What kinds of post-basketball careers have been spawned by SLU? Mizzou? Illinois? Maybe SLU has found the perfect middle ground. Perhaps the "fans" don't want hysteria.

Id ask this person, "what are the Cubs chances of winning the central this year?"

Robert Fleming

Is that from the jackalope who nixed the Baby Blues?

:blink: Spare us the fake concern. Where was it for Obi, Horace, Pulley, Edwin and the two jucos who the previous coach couldn't even get into school.

ace we've been through this before. the jucos that didnt come to slu dont even enter into the picture of academic progress of the team.

edwin and pulley were were romar players. obi and horace were soderberg's. so the comparison of four players over two regimes to what has left slu under rickma?

last, the apr wasnt a factor because it wasnt around then. so when it becomes law all the more reason to be concerned about academic progress.

Robert Fleming

This guy obviously spent all his time at SLU in a classroom or the library. Was he content to receive a "C" in every course ? If fans really didn't care, they wouldn't show up at the game. Now, the cookie-baking grandmas and grandpas are what they are, and have been for a long time. They have to be shown the way and at least wave their canes after timeouts. Or, just sit there and be appreciative of good Billiken play. Maybe being consistently noisy will become contagious. (Hey polite taciturns---it's more FUN that way and Lent isn't here yet. ) At the very least I'm expecting several small fires to break out in 108 tomorrow night.

This guy obviously spent all his time at SLU in a classroom or the library. Was he content to receive a "C" in every course ? If fans really didn't care, they wouldn't show up at the game. Now, the cookie-baking grandmas and grandpas are what they are, and have been for a long time. They have to be shown the way and at least wave their canes after timeouts. Or, just sit there and be appreciative of good Billiken play. Maybe being consistently noisy will become contagious. (Hey polite taciturns---it's more FUN that way and Lent isn't here yet. ) At the very least I'm expecting several small fires to break out in 108 tomorrow night.

Im not promising fires but a ref might get drilled by a couple freshly baked Dominos pizzas

Holy Cow!

I love the passion of Rammer and my Billiken brethren on this thread.

As I told Dr. Chaifetz, "I've been waiting my whole life for this." I knew and know we can do it.

I was at the last 3 home games (the first two in Section 108), as each one was the biggest SLU crowd of the season, from one to the next. Regrettably I've had to return to the real world on the Left Coast. But I will be there in spirit, watching on the CBS Sports Network.

Beat Temple!

S-L-U!

Let's go Bills!

Speaking from the second to last row of the building, section 204 has always made me feel like I'm the only crazy bastard in the entire place. Don't get me wrong; I've made acquaintance with many of the folks in the section, and consider several of them my Billiken friends. A couple a few rows in front of me made the trip to Albuquerque on New Year's eve, and I know they bleed Billiken blue. However, I can say with certainty that I am the only fan in the entire section who brings it on a consistent basis. If anyone in 204 or the surrounding sections is reading this you know who I am. Yes, I'm the loudmouth who likes to have a couple of pops and scream my head off. I encourage you and plead with you to join me tomorrow night and make the Temple game a turning point in the history of the Chaifetz Arena. Bring some Tylenol and take them when you have a headache from yelling too much, and for Christ's sake be sure to let that d-bag Guy Phillips know how truly crappy he is. I will freely admit that I was a little off my game on Saturday night, so I will try to make up for it tomorrow

Speaking from the second to last row of the building, section 204 has always made me feel like I'm the only crazy bastard in the entire place. Don't get me wrong; I've made acquaintance with many of the folks in the section, and consider several of them my Billiken friends. A couple a few rows in front of me made the trip to Albuquerque on New Year's eve, and I know they bleed Billiken blue. However, I can say with certainty that I am the only fan in the entire section who brings it on a consistent basis. If anyone in 204 or the surrounding sections is reading this you know who I am. Yes, I'm the loudmouth who likes to have a couple of pops and scream my head off. I encourage you and plead with you to join me tomorrow night and make the Temple game a turning point in the history of the Chaifetz Arena. Bring some Tylenol and take them when you have a headache from yelling too much, and for Christ's sake be sure to let that d-bag Guy Phillips know how truly crappy he is. I will freely admit that I was a little off my game on Saturday night, so I will try to make up for it tomorrow

Ditto for Sec 213/214. I straddle those sections in the top row. The only people besides myself who get loud are an elderly couple who need canes to get up the steps and who show up to every game, rain, sleet or snow. The rest of the section sits on their hands and 90% of them are younger than my 32 years.

As someone who leaves WAY after the final horn every game...what is traffic like after a full house? Does it add an extra 5 minutes to your drive home? I ask this because I can't seem to figure out why people stream to the exits before the end of the game...even a rousing victory or Senior Night doesn't get people to stay. And these are the higher monied tickets. Does leaving with 3 minutes to play actually save that much time?