brianstl

Largest crowd of the year so far. I have thrown a lot of bombs at the people responsible for marketing SLU over the years, but I have to give the a lot of credit for the attendance for the last two games. I don't care how many of the tickets might have been comped or discounted. Getting that many people in the building around Christmas and against no name teams is an accomplishment.

Good job SLU.

it did not looked filled on TV but lots of rafter seats were used

The bills run a good game no matter who the opponent. If you want your kids to see how team basketball smothers the competition

And denies their scorers this is a hard working bunch. The conversion of Ellis from soft shooter to teammate you can depend on in both

Ends is a sight to be appreciated. This kid and coaches are on the same page.

Largest crowd of the year so far. I have thrown a lot of bombs at the people responsible for marketing SLU over the years, but I have to give the a lot of credit for the attendance for the last two games. I don't care how many of the tickets might have been comped or discounted. Getting that many people in the building around Christmas and against no name teams is an accomplishment.

Good job SLU.

I agree. Now, if we could just get the owners of the dark blue seats to show up...

I agree. Now, if we could just get the owners of the dark blue seats to show up...

One good thing about the A-10 vs the MVC is that we have more recognized programs coming in for games. Granted, these programs may be a little down from their glory days, but the names still carry some weight and should fill up the lower bowls either with the ticket holder or a friend he's given them to.

Agree it was a great crowd last night for the middle of the Christmas break. Also, kudos to the band - even at about a third strength they are better than lots of other pep bands we have seen.

Now - I have a new favorite player on the team. Brian Daly. He is pictured in the Post-Dispatch today sitting next to Rob Loe. Way to go P-D. Don't they have any editors down there at all to check what they put out?

I also figured out the P-D scheme for coverage. They have a table set up in the concourse to sell subscriptions. Apparently they are tying their coverage of the Bills to how many subscriptions they are able to set on site. Their very own pay to play scheme. When will they figure out that this is their home town team?

That crowd was especially good considering that the game was on TV. I'm not sure why the game was on TV. I wish Fox Sports would have decided to pick up the New Mexico game.

The Blues were on Versus and FSMW had no other local programming to put on Tuesday night. Unfortunately we are at best a third level option for them behind the Blues and Mizzou and maybe behind other programming that has already been purchased by the home network (i.e. national ACC or PAc12 games).

I'm speculating here but its possible the Mountain Network isn't allowing any St. Louis based stations like Ch. 11 or FSMW to pick up the game. Part of the deal with these cable based conference networks like the Big 10, Mountain, etc. is that they want the various satellite, cable and Uverse companies to include them in their "sports package" so that they can charge X number of cents per subscriber. They recognize that the best/only way to get the Mountain Network on Charter or Uverse is to have programming that leads to people calling their cable companies and demanding that they add it. I believe I saw a thread below where people were calling Charter to get them to add it so its working, albeit on a smaller scale. If they simply allowed local stations to use all their best programming there would be no reason for the Charter's and Uverse's of the world to add the channel.

I also figured out the P-D scheme for coverage. They have a table set up in the concourse to sell subscriptions. Apparently they are tying their coverage of the Bills to how many subscriptions they are able to set on site. Their very own pay to play scheme. When will they figure out that this is their home town team?

They do that at Rams/Cards/Blues games and other events all over town. Their coverage isn't based on the number of subscriptions sold.

They do that at Rams/Cards/Blues games and other events all over town. Their coverage isn't based on the number of subscriptions sold.

Late last night I was trying to use the SL P-D mobile site to look for Tom T's article in the SLU Sports Section. If you click on the Sports button, your choices are:

Cardinals

Rams

Blues

Mizzou

High School

Bernie

Golf

Burwell

More Sports

I clicked on the More Sports and there were 0 articles about SLU.

Anybody else notice the smoke smell in the corridor/smokey haze outside chaifetz after the game? What was that all about?

My wife and I noticed there was a burning smell and some haziness inside the arena, as well. No clue what happened, though.

Late last night I was trying to use the SL P-D mobile site to look for Tom T's article in the SLU Sports Section. If you click on the Sports button, your choices are:

Cardinals

Rams

Blues

Mizzou

High School

Bernie

Golf

Burwell

More Sports

I clicked on the More Sports and there were 0 articles about SLU.

You clearly haven't been elevated to double-secret clearance.

1. Click on . . . More on the lower right.

2. Click Settings.

3. Click Reset

4. Click Reset All Settings and Cache

After that, when you click on the Sports button second right on the bottom, your choices will be Blues Rams Cards College Preps Columns. And the top line of College is Mizzou SLU Illini.

I will require secret handshake number 42 next time you see me to verify that this worked.

You clearly haven't been elevated to double-secret clearance.

1. Click on . . . More on the lower right.

2. Click Settings.

3. Click Reset

4. Click Reset All Settings and Cache

After that, when you click on the Sports button second right on the bottom, your choices will be Blues Rams Cards College Preps Columns. And the top line of College is Mizzou SLU Illini.

I will require secret handshake number 42 next time you see me to verify that this worked.

All I can do is scratch my head; can't figure out where to begin with your directions. I think my solution for now will just be, use the full version instead of the mobile site.

All I can do is scratch my head; can't figure out where to begin with your directions. I think my solution for now will just be, use the full version instead of the mobile site.

When you first open the app, the buttons across the bottom are Latest, Sports, Entertainment, Deals, More -- correct? Click on More (whose icon is three dots) and follow the directions.

When you first open the app, the buttons across the bottom are Latest, Sports, Entertainment, Deals, More -- correct? Click on More (whose icon is three dots) and follow the directions.

Ahh, ahh, I see what you mean now. I was working from the literal mobile site (e.g. navigating to m.stltoday.com in Safari) rather than working from the actual app.

I was impressed with the attendance. In years past games against no name opponents over X-mas break were pretty brutal in terms of attendance. Setting a season high in one of these games (especially during the week) is very impressive.

A few notes on the attendance:

1. I believe this game was one of the ones offered on Groupon for $10. I think the last game of the set that was offered on Groupon a month or so ago. There was another Groupon deal that just ended 12/26 for some of the conference games. The Groupon for the conference opener against GW was sold out with over 450 sold. Most other weekend conf games and the Temple game had sold 400+. I think the Groupon thing is a great idea by SLU to sell tickets to games that aren't big draws without directly reducing the price and thus pissing off season ticket holders.

2. I went with a big group of family and tried to buy lots of tickets before the game. I went to the ticket office on 12/26, but it was closed for the holidays. I understand being closed b/c most other businesses were closed. But the day before a game, I think they should have been open. I ended up going down a few hours early to buy tickets and the $12 tickets were all sold out.

3. I am very glad that I went early to buy tickets b/c when I went back to go into the arena as the game was starting the line was crazy long (this might have had something to do with people exchanging the groupons for tickets, not sure). I think SLU needs to do a better job accommodating walk up ticket buyers this year. However, as more season tickets are bought (hopefully) in the future this will be less of a problem.

4. I overheard some jack@ss complaining about how he was not going to pay $32 to watch a Billiken game as I was walking in which seems to indicate that the $20 tickets sold out along with the $12 tickets. Part of me was glad this guy decided not go to the game, but it would have been nice for SLU to get his money.