Cory Remekun and Rob Loe on KPLR right now

stmdragons

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because he's always hammered...

He's pretty weak though. Who turns down free Irish car bombs? He must stick to the beer. That explains his gigantic beer gut.

Rich has always been a good natured boob. He may know some sports but not college basketball....

Yep, good natured boob is the appropriate description. Always glad to see the Bills games on local TV but it can be excruciating when he's doing the play -by-play. Important action will be happening while he's off on some irrelevant homespun tangent. I guess i can always hit the mute button or give in to the urge to head to Cracker Barrel and order up a mess o' biscuits and gravy. Anyway, I'm glad Remekun and Loe were able to make an appearance.

It's always good for the team members to get some + press attention. Great to see today in a CA paper a blurb on how the top 25 fared that included the Bills!

Re: team play. CR has room to grow. RL needs to get mad more often. KM needs to just keep playing, work out the kinks, and make sure he's taking quality shots. Major kudos to BC,CE,JJ,DE.

As a team, they need to consciously control the tempo because that's when the ball control/rebounding get messy. Easy when things are going well, tough when the shots aren't falling or the stops aren't happening as they'd like.

Went to the SDSU / U Cal game today - both good teams - but we are so much more physical and do many things (boxing out/ screening/ Passing(!)) much better. Just wish we had the quantity and energy from the student section that SDSU gets. The SLU kids that come are great, but there's room to make it a much bigger force in making the 'fetz a tough place to play.

It's always good for the team members to get some + press attention. Great to see today in a CA paper a blurb on how the top 25 fared that included the Bills!

Re: team play. CR has room to grow. RL needs to get mad more often. KM needs to just keep playing, work out the kinks, and make sure he's taking quality shots. Major kudos to BC,CE,JJ,DE.

As a team, they need to consciously control the tempo because that's when the ball control/rebounding get messy. Easy when things are going well, tough when the shots aren't falling or the stops aren't happening as they'd like.

Went to the SDSU / U Cal game today - both good teams - but we are so much more physical and do many things (boxing out/ screening/ Passing(!)) much better. Just wish we had the quantity and energy from the student section that SDSU gets. The SLU kids that come are great, but there's room to make it a much bigger force in making the 'fetz a tough place to play.

There's 20,000 more kids to make up that section at SDSU. We do what we can with the numbers we have, but I agree that more can be done. We have a lot of apathetic kids on campus.

and a lot of apathetic alums...

That goes without saying. However, the cost to the student to get to each game is peanuts compared to the price of season tickets for alums. I know there are a lot of posters on here that never missed a home game in 4 years and are proud to say that. I wish we had more die-hards out there....and those were in the Soderberg years.

That goes without saying. However, the cost to the student to get to each game is peanuts compared to the price of season tickets for alums. I know there are a lot of posters on here that never missed a home game in 4 years and are proud to say that. I wish we had more die-hards out there....and those were in the Soderberg years.

Not even peanuts since games are now free for students. I understand your premise but the student section for Portland was one of the better ones we've had since I've been here and that was with us playing a lackluster opponent. Amazing how many kids are suddenly big fans when we become ranked.

Not even peanuts since games are now free for students. I understand your premise but the student section for Portland was one of the better ones we've had since I've been here and that was with us playing a lackluster opponent. Amazing how many kids are suddenly big fans when we become ranked.

+1 That's awesome. I'm excited to see the growth of the student section. It was always a downer when Guy Fill-ups would announce the Blue Crew as the 6th man of the Billikens and there would literally be six Blue Crew people there. Always fired up the crowd.

What amazes me is that the expensive, I assume, season ticket sections are filled w/ empty seats. Cripes, you bought the tickets. If you don't want to go, give 'em away! You already paid for 'em. Still, I heard attendance was +7,000 for Portland, but that probably includes the ghosts in the season ticket sections.

What amazes me is that the expensive, I assume, season ticket sections are filled w/ empty seats. Cripes, you bought the tickets. If you don't want to go, give 'em away! You already paid for 'em. Still, I heard attendance was +7,000 for Portland, but that probably includes the ghosts in the season ticket sections.

Actually, I think that, ever since they moved from Scottrade, they've been using actual attendance, rather than tickets distributed, as they did at Scottrade.

Rene Knott makes Rich Gould look like Bob Costas.

Conklin talked about how people jumped off the bandwagon last year, and now they're coming back, etc...

Nothing significant transpired.

+1 When Conk mentioned people getting back on the bandwagon I think he was refering to students. I hope that trend continues and average Joe sportsfan starts to help fill up the upper bowl. I don't know what to say anymore about the primo seats.

Never understood this either. Since we've graduated from the student section, I don't think my buddies and I have ever had a problem walking down to the 5th row and plopping our asses down. Always dozens of seats open, everyone should move down really. Student section has looked GREAT compared to what it once was.