Recruits at the game

NH

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You win some you lose some. I've been too busy to keep up in the gym. I'm sure NH will have college one cruise control next year so he'll be able to keep up in the gym. I hear he benches more than his SAT score, which he took for fun.

All the above is accurate.

We should get the best players available period.

St. Louis is starting to come back. '12 '13 classes look to have a lot of quality depth. In a perfect world we should ahve a couple local players, just enough to shut up our detractors but we shouldn't limit ourselves to them.

Ultimately I don't think we can sustain a good program on just local talent. Before Majerus was here we had been attempting that for 3 decades. We are a private city university, it is much easier for state schools in Missouri and Illinois to get the local talent into their schools. We've done it for periods with some success, but because of our situation it never sustains itself.

Then why on earth did he visit Sunday? Doesn't make any sense.

Agree it doesn't make sense. I wonder if Hawaii had an understanding with him that he would sign and date the LOI before the deadline, allow him to make the visit and depending on what we said he could tear it up or lock down the spot with Hawaii. Since we couldn't guarantee him a spot, he chose the sure thing at Hawaii. This is pure speculation but the timing is very weird to say the least.

All that being said, I don't want any more 2012 recruits. I want everyone to stay and develop and we focus our energies on 2013 and 14.

Agree it doesn't make sense. I wonder if Hawaii had an understanding with him that he would sign and date the LOI before the deadline, allow him to make the visit and depending on what we said he could tear it up or lock down the spot with Hawaii. Since we couldn't guarantee him a spot, he chose the sure thing at Hawaii. This is pure speculation but the timing is very weird to say the least.

All that being said, I don't want any more 2012 recruits. I want everyone to stay and develop and we focus our energies on 2013 and 14.

He signed prior to slu flying him out for the washington game.... he didn't tell slu til he got here, pissed off the coaches for wastin their time and $$

He signed prior to slu flying him out for the washington game.... he didn't tell slu til he got here, pissed off the coaches for wastin their time and $$

If that was true then you could go after the family for reimbursement. I find that hard to believe that he would mislead a school like that.

Maybe they will try to get reimbursed, I don't know. But I do know that what I posted is accurate.

Well, if the kid did that then who needs him anyway - he would not be of the character we want on the team anyway - someone who cares more for the team then his own personal needs. Doess this kind of thing actually happen often?

They should have cancelled his trip home kicked him out of his hotel and dropped him off at the corner of Goodfellow and Wells