Recruiting

slufan13

He reclassified for the class of 2013...

Zach can handle the ball as good as anybody under pressure, he can easily be a dominant PG. Because he was such a prolific scorer ppl tend to not notice his great passing ability and unselfishness.

Also I believe He and Jordair Jett are friends attended school together for a while, they might have some good chemistry.

He reclassified from 2011 to 2013? He went from being a senior last year to a junior this year? Are you sure he's not 2012 now?

I am glad to hear Jensen role on the recruiting trail has been big recently. I think Jensen is going to be an excellent recruiter.

Completely agree with you, brianstl. He's cutting his teeth with one of the best in the business. He's a tremendous asset to have on the sideline for the Bills.

Just thought I would let you guys know that SLU offered 2013 guard Darius Austin from Cahokia High School about a month ago. He has visited Butler recently and Stevens was there this week to watch him so I just came by here to see if you guys had any additional information on him. I didn't see his name anywhere so I just thought I would post about him in case you weren't aware of the offer. Just trying to be helpful, nothing more. End of the article below talks about the SLU offer.

Cahokia Youngster Gets First Offer

Just thought I would let you guys know that SLU offered 2013 guard Darius Austin from Cahokia High School about a month ago. He has visited Butler recently and Stevens was there this week to watch him so I just came by here to see if you guys had any additional information on him. I didn't see his name anywhere so I just thought I would post about him in case you weren't aware of the offer. Just trying to be helpful, nothing more. End of the article below talks about the SLU offer.

Cahokia Youngster Gets First Offer

he's too close to home to consider a serious recruiting effort. we would prefer at least one ocean between saint louis university and the recruit before making a full effort to recruit. or at the very least one major mountain range.

he's too close to home to consider a serious recruiting effort. we would prefer at least one ocean between saint louis university and the recruit before making a full effort to recruit. or at the very least one major mountain range.

Roy, I know you are still stinging about Sodie passing on future NBA players right in our own backyard like Josh Harrellson and Blake Ahearn... while turning his recruiting focus to foreignors like Ohanan and Vouyoukas, along with that "F-er" from Minnesota and Horace from South Carolina, but get over it. He's gone. He's not our coach anymore. ;)

-possibly

-why don't you ask him or his coach if he is a SLU fan? does he have interest in SLU? is he serious about his education? how has SLU been recruiting him versus the other schools? has been to play with the SLU players? how serious is his consideration of SLU versus other schools? has he told SLU he is not interested in attending?

Roy is approaching 20,000 posts. I wonder how many of them were negative (either about the program, the coach, or telling another poster they are an idiot and they need to re-read his posts so they understand Roy's intricate knowledge of all things SLU)? I'm setting the over/under at 17,000 negative posts. I'll take the over.

Roy is approaching 20,000 posts. I wonder how many of them were negative (either about the program, the coach, or telling another poster they are an idiot and they need to re-read his posts so they understand Roy's intricate knowledge of all things SLU)? I'm setting the over/under at 17,000 negative posts. I'll take the over.

I don't completly agree with the Roy, but I thought it was funny.

obviously you are relatively new to the board.

let me send you some billiken roy education. back oh about 5 years ago and before, i was far, far, far more active in my participation on this board. i was also far, far, far more positive about the billikens. probably 14,000+ of my posts were pre-rickma dating back to spoonball.

in the last five years i have turned negative about one aspect (aka person) involved with the billikens while remaining extremely positive about the kids and saint louis university the school and the other athletic programs.

my guess is that you are wrong by at least 16,000 posts.

obviously you are relatively new to the board.

let me send you some billiken roy education. back oh about 5 years ago and before, i was far, far, far more active in my participation on this board. i was also far, far, far more positive about the billikens. probably 14,000+ of my posts were pre-rickma dating back to spoonball.

in the last five years i have turned negative about one aspect (aka person) involved with the billikens while remaining extremely positive about the kids and saint louis university the school and the other athletic programs.

my guess is that you are wrong by at least 16,000 posts.

I have been a fan of the Billikens much longer than Roy and I have never seen anyone turn on the program and the team like he has while still claiming to be a Billiken fan. Roy, you do not support the team, you do not support the players---your view of the Billikens is that they must have a coach you like and recruit the local players you choose and do the marketing you demand and then you will support the team. But because those things do not now fit your view and meet your stilted view of what the Billikens program should be you are negative--all of the time, every time. You are predictable and boring in your negativity. I truly do not understand why you even claim to be a Bills fan and your constant claim that you speak for all of Billiken fandom when you post elsewhere just drive me insane because you do not speak for us.

I have been a fan of the Billikens much longer than Roy and I have never seen anyone turn on the program and the team like he has while still claiming to be a Billiken fan. Roy, you do not support the team, you do not support the players---your view of the Billikens is that they must have a coach you like and recruit the local players you choose and do the marketing you demand and then you will support the team. But because those things do not now fit your view and meet your stilted view of what the Billikens program should be you are negative--all of the time, every time. You are predictable and boring in your negativity. I truly do not understand why you even claim to be a Bills fan and your constant claim that you speak for all of Billiken fandom when you post elsewhere just drive me insane because you do not speak for us.

i'm so boring to you billikan you reply to me quite often. not sure where you come up with the all the time. might want to go back and read about the last 19,600 posts again.

if i didnt support the team, what am i doing still buying season tickets? what am i doing still going to the billiken events both basketball and other sports? what am i doing upping my support dollars since we moved to chaifetz? is being a supporter mean you have to blindly accept everything about a program? if that is indeed the definition, then i guess you are right. i would think the billikens need as many billiken roy's with ideas opinions and a checkbook as possible. i know a lot of the athletic department dont seem to mind talking to me. you would think they would run from me since i am such a nonsupporter.

have a good weekend buddy.

p.s. you seem to like to have it your way as well. as most of us with strong opinions do. i dont see a thing wrong with having a opinion and debate. i would think you would enjoy debate as well.

Don't hold back....tell us how your really feel......

Roy is annoying as hell at the moment with his penchant to lay back a snipe at all things Rick but ever since spoon left most of us have been pinballing back and forth between sadness and euphoria. I spent parts of the Romar and Sodie regimes just despairing for the future of the program. Ricks recruiting will right the ship

Unfortunately, Rick will never appeal to Roy's ridiculously stringent values. I doubt Roy does himself. Jesus Christ would likely have a hard time measuring up on Roy's yardstick. What kind of power forward would Jesus recruit? Not Conklin surely, maybe Luke Meyer????

Roy wil be back once Rick is in the ground or back in a broadcast booth. We can wait......

i'm so boring to you billikan you reply to me quite often. not sure where you come up with the all the time. might want to go back and read about the last 19,600 posts again.

if i didnt support the team, what am i doing still buying season tickets? what am i doing still going to the billiken events both basketball and other sports? what am i doing upping my support dollars since we moved to chaifetz? is being a supporter mean you have to blindly accept everything about a program? if that is indeed the definition, then i guess you are right. i would think the billikens need as many billiken roy's with ideas opinions and a checkbook as possible. i know a lot of the athletic department dont seem to mind talking to me. you would think they would run from me since i am such a nonsupporter.

have a good weekend buddy.

p.s. you seem to like to have it your way as well. as most of us with strong opinions do. i dont see a thing wrong with having a opinion and debate. i would think you would enjoy debate as well.

I have no doubt in my mind that Roy is and remains one of SLU's most ardent supporters. I think he can let his dislike of Majerus cloud his judgment, which is why we get the snarky posts from time to time, but there is probably no team that he cares more for than the SLU basketball team (other than perhaps his daughter's softball team).

My only hope for Roy is that he can sit back and enjoy the ride this year without letting his dislike of Majerus ruin it.

if i didnt support the team, what am i doing still buying season tickets? what am i doing still going to the billiken events both basketball and other sports?

-what are these basketball events you speak of? i thought you had given up on these. good if you have been going, glad to hear it

Unfortunately, Rick will never appeal to Roy's ridiculously stringent values. I doubt Roy does himself. Jesus Christ would likely have a hard time measuring up on Roy's yardstick. What kind of power forward would Jesus recruit? Not Conklin surely, maybe Luke Meyer????

Now that's funny...got a good laugh with that one.

Rick is a great coach and a great teacher. He is the reason we can land top recruits. He can put us in a position to be a solid team consistently. We may not be there yet, but I still believe that by the time Rick leaves, we'll be a top 50 program.

I've only been on this board for about 2 years but I can tell that Roy is a great fan. He may not like Rick, but he loves the school and the team.

The back and forth grudges and arguments are funny at times, but it's also the reason that so many people are discouraged from posting on here anymore. There are people on this board who know a lot about basketball, but their opinions are constantly shot down or they get lost with all the arguing going on so they don't post anymore.

Kwamain is gonna be a beast this year. We're going to have great senior leadership and we'll have our deepest team in years. I'm young but I don't know of many Billiken teams that have had this much talent from top to bottom. Expectations are very high and this team wants to reach them and they can.

27 days until the first exhibition game. Let's go.

Jesus recruited Judas ... so don't count Conk off the Jesus team so quick. And Paul of Tarsus was a suspect get at the time. His association with the Sanhedrin surely scared away other teams.

... and I'm not going to say where I heard this but there are whispers out there that Jesus was a lazy recruiter. Several of his early commits were family members. Does it get any lazier than that?

Jesus recruited Judas ... so don't count Conk off the Jesus team so quick. And Paul of Tarsus was a suspect get at the time. His time on the Sanhedrin surely scared away other teams.

Jesus would have recruited A. Bonner with the shooting touch of S. Highmark. But Conk is one of my favorites anyway. Can't wait till practices start !