Martin Bruenig

Who knows how correct these twitter reports and message board forums are, but I've seen Washington, Cincy, Marquette, and South Florida as names out there.

I agree that Maryland probably stipulates that he not go to an ACC school, which would help.

This kid, this late, would be a real get for SLU.

Hopefully his prior interest in us would give us an advantage over some of those other schools. Also Majerus does have a history of working with international players. Also a good sign if Jensen was the lead recruiter.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully his prior interest in us would give us an advantage over some of those other schools. Also Majerus does have a history of working with international players. Also a good sign if Jensen was the lead recruiter.

You guys bring up good points, i'm a little more optimistic.

Per Willie Reed: Remembr when working out, what you eat is a big part of getting in shape.

I really hope Martin Bruenig understands this now instead of 3 years out of high school...

Spring signing period ends on the 18th, in 6 days. If he doesn't get his release and sign a LOI somewhere else by the 18th, he's forced to stay at Maryland that year?

If he gets released, I assume that he can just enroll as a student. Wasn't Drejaj a late "signing" who never signed a LOI?

If he gets released, I assume that he can just enroll as a student. Wasn't Drejaj a late "signing" who never signed a LOI?

there really isnt much of an advantage for a student athlete to sign an loi other than they more or less have a spot promised by the school. the loi is very one sided to the school signing.

at this point, a student athlete is actually in the driver's seat for any spot open they might be interested in.

the biggest thing in this particular situation is for the bruenig kid to get the release.

as to the release i am sure (my strong opinion) maryland will indeed restrict that the schools he can go to per the release are not ACC schools but it might also restrict specific schools that maryland might believe have tried to entice him to leave maryland. plus, if there is any belief slu or any school is sending any degree of signals out, one would assume maryland would let the ncaa know as well. so it is important that slu stay away until the release is indeed in hand.

there really isnt much of an advantage for a student athlete to sign an loi other than they more or less have a spot promised by the school. the loi is very one sided to the school signing.

at this point, a student athlete is actually in the driver's seat for any spot open they might be interested in.

the biggest thing in this particular situation is for the bruenig kid to get the release.

as to the release i am sure (my strong opinion) maryland will indeed restrict that the schools he can go to per the release are not ACC schools but it might also restrict specific schools that maryland might believe have tried to entice him to leave maryland. plus, if there is any belief slu or any school is sending any degree of signals out, one would assume maryland would let the ncaa know as well. so it is important that slu stay away until the release is indeed in hand.

I'm hoping the fact that we were in the final 3 carries over to present day and keeps us in good stead with him. Landing this guy would be a gift from the basketball gods, who, as we all know, rarely gift SLU. If it takes hiring an MD ac to land him do it since we have an opening. I'm hoping Jensen was his primary contact w/ SLU.

No kidding

Overdue is an understatement. I'm not saying this kid's the next Legend but he'd sure answer a lot of concerns about our inside game next year. All of these lost recruits just goes to show that the most important thing for SLU to compete for top talent is to start WINNING and making a rep for itself. A sparkling new arena and a potential HOF coach aren't enough.

here is a clip of Martin Breunig is a 6'9 SF from Germany. This video was taken on September 14th, 2010 during an individual workout with player development coach

My link

That link didn't work for me. Here is another one. He's got nelly as his background music, prophetic?