OT Tyler Griffey Transferring

Billboy1

Word is he's definitely transferring and considering Lindenwood. Thought at one point SLU was very interested in him. Bruce Weber seems to have relgated him to bench and has a bunch of players coming in next year. Sometimes the grass is not greener elsewhere. Maybe RM could have coached him up.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Word is he's definitely transferring and considering Lindenwood. Thought at one point SLU was very interested in him. Bruce Weber seems to have relgated him to bench and has a bunch of players coming in next year. Sometimes the grass is not greener elsewhere. Maybe RM could have coached him up.

How the mighty have fallen...

What a loser. Soderberg should just put these posters up all over his gym and keep the little lost boys coming...

Posted Image

Jimbo, that is classic. Soderberg couldn't recruit his way out of a paper bag.

Apparently he can recruit. At least at the level he's at. Honestly, good for him. I just think all the big boy crybaby losers he has coming to play for him are sad. Not only are they going to much shittier basketball programs, they're going to much shittier academic programs. Probably with uglier girls. That don't care as much that they're on the basketball team. And, they're quitters. Weak sauce.

Ironic that Soderberg is getting higher-rated recruits at Lindenwood than he did at SLU?

I would still take Griffey on our team, but not if it means Majerus giving another kid the boot. He could start for us in a couple years.

I have a very hard time believing he is going to Lindenwood, much less looking to transfer a couple days before he plays in the NCAA tourney.

Billboy1 may be right but people are giving way to much credence to this post...

I have a very hard time believing he is going to Lindenwood, much less looking to transfer a couple days before he plays in the NCAA tourney.

Billboy1 may be right but people are giving way to much credence to this post...

As soon as I posted, thought, "hey that seems a bit farfetched... but not THAT farfetched." And to be fair, he's getting ready to ride the bench in the NCAA tourney. Just all kinds of nailbiting and mudbutt and getting dudes water... uggggh. Maybe he should go to Lindenwood.

SLU would have taken him. I don't know about today, although he was pretty highly rated and recruited. His Dad used to post on here a lot. So much, I thought maybe we'd land him but no such luck. He's a JR isn't he? If just a Soph I don't know why we wouldn't be interested. And would think he'd much rather close out at SLU than Lindenwood. Does anyone else?

Apparently he can recruit. At least at the level he's at. Honestly, good for him. I just think all the big boy crybaby losers he has coming to play for him are sad. Not only are they going to much shittier basketball programs, they're going to much shittier academic programs. Probably with uglier girls. That don't care as much that they're on the basketball team. And, they're quitters. Weak sauce.

Jimbo-

Definitely agree that Lindenwood is a ###### place....very ######. However, they do have some good looking girls at their school. He has that going for him.

That's right he will and has been riding the bench. Weber won't play him. Illinois needs and wants to use his schollie on somebody who better fits their system. In reality Lindenwood is not farfetched.

Griffey transferring = quite possible

Griffey transferring to Lindenwood = highly unlikely

SLU would have taken him. I don't know about today, although he was pretty highly rated and recruited. His Dad used to post on here a lot. So much, I thought maybe we'd land him but no such luck. He's a JR isn't he? If just a Soph I don't know why we wouldn't be interested. And would think he'd much rather close out at SLU than Lindenwood. Does anyone else?

Tyler is only a Soph from an eligibility stand point. Haven't seen anything on the Illini board discussing this unless it's buried in another thread. There was some speculation early in the year when he wasn't playing, but much like the talk on here about someone leaving the team, I think it was all speculation. With the loss of Davis and Tisdale next year, you'd think he'd have a shot at some more PT next year.

Tyler is only a Soph from an eligibility stand point. Haven't seen anything on the Illini board discussing this unless it's buried in another thread. There was some speculation early in the year when he wasn't playing, but much like the talk on here about someone leaving the team, I think it was all speculation. With the loss of Davis and Tisdale next year, you'd think he'd have a shot at some more PT next year.

From what I hear, they already have some big time players coming in who would play ahead of him and there are at least two frosh from this year's team who will play ahead of him all the time next year so he might be considering transferring. I noticed in the games I watched later in the season when the Illini were really struggling he was buried at the end of the bench.

I would imagine that he would be a much better player today if he had come to SLU but if Willie comes back I do not see a place for him on this team. IMO, He definitely would not start ahead of Willie, Rob, Cody (if healthy and stronger) Brian or Evans. Even to say we might have 5 players who might start ahead of him is a really interesting comment on our current talent because Tyler was highly regarded as an incoming frosh and I had hoped we could get him.

From what I hear, they already have some big time players coming in who would play ahead of him and there are at least two frosh from this year's team who will play ahead of him all the time next year so he might be considering transferring. I noticed in the games I watched later in the season when the Illini were really struggling he was buried at the end of the bench.

True. He's behind Meyers Leonard and Jereme Richmond. There are a couple of frosh coming in that could help. He has definitely been buried on the bench since conference play started. I could see him transferring just hadn't heard anything official yet. I still think he could be a decent player and don't think he'd have to drop to Lindenwood level to help a team.