OT Tyler Griffey Transferring

Billboy1

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoe, why don't you go back to Ed Macauley and JoJo. Also Jim Krebs from Webster Groves was an All-American! Geez, can we keeps our STL All-Stars at least somewhat recent?

Did you even bother to read the post that I was responding to in bringing up those names? They were in direct response to another of taj's anti st. Louis rants...

HIs son, Bubba, followed him there as well and actually played hoops for them.... for 7 years. When it was found out the NCAA sadly put Faber on double secret probation.

Remain calm. All is well.

In skimming through this thread I get the idea someone said RM didn't want Griffey. Is that now or back when he first signed? If you think he didn't want him back then you're nuts. I have no clue how he would feel now, but I highly doubt RM wouldn't take a good look at him.

In skimming through this thread I get the idea someone said RM didn't want Griffey. Is that now or back when he first signed? If you think he didn't want him back then you're nuts. I have no clue how he would feel now, but I highly doubt RM wouldn't take a good look at him.

Before this season started during one of his rambles,Rick questioned Tylers love of the game. He did not think he had that gym rat mentality. I don't think he would have any interest.

Before this season started during one of his rambles,Rick questioned Tylers love of the game. He did not think he had that gym rat mentality. I don't think he would have any interest.

I've heard differently. He may have felt that later, but he was strongly interested at the time.

Why does someone have to be a moron because of their opinion? Are you a moron because you think differently? TG is NOT the ballplayer some think. Did you follow him through high school and his first two college years? Why should SLU have to take rejects from other schools? We will never accomplish new heights if we settle for ballplayers who are not good enough for other programs. He needs, imo, more than two years in RM's system in order to prosper and help the Billikens. He regressed his senior year in high school. He might be a decent player coming off the bench.

Congrats. You are a moron. please take a seat behind '05.

1) you said "he needs, imo, more than 2 years in RM's system" - he gets 3 (sit out 1 + play 2)

2) Yes, I do follow the illini. No, I did not see him in high school. clearly its all you saw tho..and maybe you should take another look..

3) regressing his senior year in high school means jack poo.... i am insulted you even used this in your argument

4) He is in a system that does not fit his style of play. He would not be a "reject" if he came to slu, he would greatly improve our team.

Having him for 2 years would be very very beneficial. It keeps our talent level up for when KM is a senior. His skill set would work perfectly with our system. We would again be loaded with older players and should therefore have another great year. stringing together multiple years of success will help our recruiting, so hopefully we dont have to go to germany to find some random big that needs a learning curve when he gets to the US of A. Also, He would love the Hoff, we love stamos. never could work out.

End of Debate: IF TG is available, and we could make it work, we should get him on the team.

1) you said "he needs, imo, more than 2 years in RM's system" - he gets 3 (sit out 1 + play 2)

2) Yes, I do follow the illini. No, I did not see him in high school. clearly its all you saw tho..and maybe you should take another look..

3) regressing his senior year in high school means jack poo.... i am insulted you even used this in your argument

4) He is in a system that does not fit his style of play. He would not be a "reject" if he came to slu, he would greatly improve our team.

Having him for 2 years would be very very beneficial. It keeps our talent level up for when KM is a senior. His skill set would work perfectly with our system. We would again be loaded with older players and should therefore have another great year. stringing together multiple years of success will help our recruiting, so hopefully we dont have to go to germany to find some random big that needs a learning curve when he gets to the US of A. Also, He would love the Hoff, we love stamos. never could work out.

End of Debate: IF TG is available, and we could make it work, we should get him on the team.

I agree with Randy that if he wants to transfer to SLU we should try it. Even if Willie is here next year, there is no chance he is here in 2 yrs. This team -willie -conklin doesnt have much of an interior presence. I hope Cory greatly improves the next 2 yrs but havent seen anything to make me think that will happen. I also hope and think Manning will be good but even if he is that only gives us 1 reliable inside player.

Above all Randy won the argument for referring to "the US of A".

You can call names all you want. Griffey will never play for SLU. As one poster said why should we take other teams rejects? We will never be as good as Illinois or other BS schools if we take players who have shown to not be good enough to help them. Your being insulted means nothing to me. Griffey evidently continued to regress in college or otherwise Weber would have played him more. You are assuming he would fit RM's system. We have ENOUGH slow big men who have no inside game. The German kid is better right now than Griffey is. He will not GREATLY improve any high major team that has the kind of talent SLU has.

You can call names all you want. Griffey will never play for SLU. As one poster said why should we take other teams rejects? We will never be as good as Illinois or other BS schools if we take players who have shown to not be good enough to help them. Your being insulted means nothing to me. Griffey evidently continued to regress in college or otherwise Weber would have played him more. You are assuming he would fit RM's system. We have ENOUGH slow big men who have no inside game. The German kid is better right now than Griffey is. He will not GREATLY improve any high major team that has the kind of talent SLU has.

"you can call names all you want"

Boo friggity hoo. Grow up Peter Pan. Hillbilly. If you cant take the heat, get out the kitchen.

keep commenting though, you are cementing yourself as one of the least credible posters on this blog.

Boo friggity hoo. Grow up Peter Pan. Hillbilly. If you cant take the heat, get out the kitchen.

keep commenting though, you are cementing yourself as one of the least credible posters on this blog.

Blog? I thought this was a message board. Guess I was wrong.

You are one REALLY STUPID person who has very little, if any basketball knowledge. TG will never play for SLU.

Tyler Griffey comments on staying at Illinois:

He says like anyone else he'd love to play more. But transfer plans aren't in his future.

"My dad said there was a radio station in St. Louis that talked 30 minutes about whether I'm transferring or not without talking to me or asking me questions. It's kind of stupid, and I just kind of brush it off," Griffey said. "I'm not going anywhere; I'm happy where I'm at."

He says like anyone else he'd love to play more. But transfer plans aren't in his future.

"My dad said there was a radio station in St. Louis that talked 30 minutes about whether I'm transferring or not without talking to me or asking me questions. It's kind of stupid, and I just kind of brush it off," Griffey said. "I'm not going anywhere; I'm happy where I'm at."

Must have a hot looking girlfriend or loves his frat.

Thank You. This just shows how stupid talk radio is

Shoe, aren't you stretching it a bit by including JH in your list. Isn't he a 5th yr Senior who is not much more tha a big pick-setting body who is only finally playing this yr since Ky doesn't have another big body to set picks for all their one-and-done stars?

Also, isn't it a expanding the "local talent" definition a bit to include Tyus? Where did he graduate from? Where did he go to improve his skills as a HS Senior?

Honestly, I haven't followed JP at Zona-don't know how he's doing but I do know that we backed off recruiting him, partially due to grades.

Having said all that, if we could have gotten all the STL players-TG/SS/JP/JH and a few others, I think we would have had a pretty good squad, which would have been better than this years' Billikens. The problem is we couldn't and still can't get those guys to come here. Maybe that will change if we get in the Tourney in the next couple of years.

No, Harrellson is not a 5th year senior. He graduated in 07, did one year at JUCO and the final 3 at Kentucky. He's in his original graduating class. And yes he's more than a pick setting big body. He averages 9rpg, for them on the season and led the SEC in offensive rebounding.

No, Harrellson is not a 5th year senior. He graduated in 07, did one year at JUCO and the final 3 at Kentucky. He's in his original graduating class. And yes he's more than a pick setting big body. He averages 9rpg, for them on the season and led the SEC in offensive rebounding.

I'd be surprised, make that shocked, if SLU would ever land the best 5 or 6 St L area recruits over a 2-3 yr period. Wonder why Mizzery fans aren't complaining about not having TG,JH,SS, JP, and Tyus in black and gold this year. For some reason it's hard for both SLU and Mizzery to keep the best of the homegrown talent down on the farm.

• 1 year later...

kshoe --- you are falling into the same trap everyone else does -- expectations. As I said, Suggs averages 7.2 ppg , Griffey is at 1.8 ppg, Harrelson is rising and at 6.8 ppg -- and I'm not chasing down Tyus or Perry but that is a whopping 16 ppg. Then you'll tell me they'll do better against A10 competition, right? And then you'll extrapolate that Beal and McLemore and Young will all also be great because some unqualified guy like Vtime who pushes himself off as a basketball talent scout or Al Biancardi or someone else says they are going to be great. And th epoint on my list wasn't whtheror not Brad recruited them -- it was how supposedly talent rich the area was that year. To what end result????

Th eonly guy I've seen locally live up to the expectations was Hughes. Even Carrawell and White and even David Lee didn't dominate the way some other high rankings guys have. I kno wits an inexact science but the number of A+ guys in and around the St. Louis area is weak. And i don't kno wwhy but I don't care. POYs like Shelton, Polk, Vashon kids .. whatever.

Let's see where Beal and Young and mcLemore end up and what they produce before we proclaim them great as well.

Beal is now a likely top 10 pick in the NBA draft, possibly top 5. BJ Young led Arkansas in scoring as a freshman with 15ppg, and was named 2nd team All-SEC and is a projected 2013 first round pick. McLemore will debut this winter, but Larry Brown recently compared him to Russell Westbrook on NBA Gametime after visiting a Kansas practice. And that unqualified vtime guy left this board in 2009 to join the college coaching ranks and in just 3 years took Harris-Stowe from a laughing stock to a 2nd place finish in the conference and recruited the 2010 Newcomer of the Year and 2012 freshman of the year in their AMC Conference.

Someone must have a real ax to grind if he feels the need to dredge up a thread that's over a year old.

The few times threads from months ago get posted back to the top of the board I always think "why would somebody do that" then scroll to the bottom to see who did it. Everytime that I can remember it has been insidestl / vtime.

What a tool.

Beal is now a likely top 10 pick in the NBA draft, possibly top 5. BJ Young led Arkansas in scoring as a freshman with 15ppg, and was named 2nd team All-SEC and is a projected 2013 first round pick. McLemore will debut this winter, but Larry Brown recently compared him to Russell Westbrook on NBA Gametime after visiting a Kansas practice. And that unqualified vtime guy left this board in 2009 to join the college coaching ranks and in just 3 years took Harris-Stowe from a laughing stock to a 2nd place finish in the conference and recruited the 2010 Newcomer of the Year and 2012 freshman of the year in their AMC Conference.

And don't forget, Alex Tyus is a top 10 player in Florida Basketball history. Can we bring that thread back up?