Guy Phillips is an embarrassment to the University

Billikan

I have personally had it with Phillips and his constant mistakes and lack of preparation. As an announcer, in my opinion, he is an absolute joke.

I am going to do what I can to get the powers that be to understand how bad he is and how he must go!

The board does not agree on everything--but it seems to me we are all agreed on this one subject. Please everyone, if you agree with my opinion, start an email barrage to the Athletic Dept about this guy and ask every fan you know to bombard the Athletic Dept with complaints. I believe we can make a difference!

Go Bills!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have personally had it with Phillips and his constant mistakes and lack of preparation. As an announcer, in my opinion, he is an absolute joke.

I am going to do what I can to get the powers that be to understand how bad he is and how he must go!

The board does not agree on everything--but it seems to me we are all agreed on this one subject. Please everyone, if you agree with my opinion, start an email barrage to the Athletic Dept about this guy and ask every fan you know to bombard the Athletic Dept with complaints. I believe we can make a difference!

Go Bills!

Will do. Thanks for leading the charge.

Go Bills!

Billikan, I know you are connected, so please follow through and get it done with your connections. I will do my part as well.

Go Bills!

Basket by Remekun...wait no it was a white guy.

The good news is according to Guy we now have former Red sox star dwight Evans on the team.

Posted Image

That give the Bills a killer mustache to go with the CR flat top.

Aaah, Dewey. One of may all time Fenway Favorites. If we had a team made up of guys with his heart, we couldn't be beat.

I had sent an email to Chris May after the first exhibition game and got a response back from Doug McIlhaga. It was pretty much a blow off response. Says how there are a lot of people who really like him. Funny, I've never met one.

Keep the emails going to them though. It can only help!

Ater the game was over Guy Phillips was yelling at a couple of people who were in the first couple of rows. I was across the court and didnt see what happened but it was a pretty heated exchange. Does anyone know what happened?

I saw this too, and some of the events leading up to the heated exchange. It looked like a particularly rowdy, younger fan was yelling a profanity laced comment to our wonderful refs last night, and Guy was tired of hearing the cursing and told the fan to shut up and leave. It then looked like the fan was approached by security and he tried to scuffle with them and then left.

Guy may suck as an announcer, but I'm taking his side on this one, their is no room for so much profanity by a fan, (does anyone ever look around and notice how many youngsters are around?). As fans we also need to keep our composure, and not act like a horse's ass when our team is down. It sucks to lose, but without an oncourt leader and being so young these type of games are going to happen.

Guy Phillips' professional work at SLU is unacceptable and has been for a long time. He's embarrassing himself, the kids, the fans, the school, etc...He's clearly uninterested in putting in the time, effort, and work to do acceptable work at SLU by anyone's standards over a many years period. SLU clearly has someone or some people in its school of communication who could do significantly better work.

On a separate note...I cannot speak to any incident or exchange, but if Guy Phillips had a problem with anyone at the Arena, all he needs to do is call security and go about things through proper channels as opposed to getting into a heated exchange with fans.

Go Bills!

Done...

I saw this too, and some of the events leading up to the heated exchange. It looked like a particularly rowdy, younger fan was yelling a profanity laced comment to our wonderful refs last night, and Guy was tired of hearing the cursing and told the fan to shut up and leave. It then looked like the fan was approached by security and he tried to scuffle with them and then left.

Guy may suck as an announcer, but I'm taking his side on this one, their is no room for so much profanity by a fan, (does anyone ever look around and notice how many youngsters are around?). As fans we also need to keep our composure, and not act like a horse's ass when our team is down. It sucks to lose, but without an oncourt leader and being so young these type of games are going to happen.

I was a witness to this entire situation from a close distance and the fan was yelling at the refs but I could not hear--nor could the refs hear what he was saying--basically it was that the refs had handed the game to AP by calling the foul with 4 seconds left. Phillips, in an incredibly unprofessional way, got out of his announcer's chair and got right in the fan's face and told the fan to sit down and shut up. Another fan told him he should sit down and be an annnouncer and leave the fan alone. He challenged that fan to a fight and told him he was going to kick his ass. Phillips acted like he owned the arena. The whole thing was absolutely ridiculous. He is not a policeman. I have seen him in the past yell at fans who stand up and yell at the refs or get excited. He is not a Billiken fan, he is just a lame comedian with a huge ego who does not prep for the games and knows nothing about basketball. It is time for him to go!!!!!

I was a witness to this entire situation from a close distance and the fan was yelling at the refs but I could not hear--nor could the refs hear what he was saying--basically it was that the refs had handed the game to AP by calling the foul with 4 seconds left. Phillips, in an incredibly unprofessional way, got out of his announcer's chair and got right in the fan's face and told the fan to sit down and shut up. Another fan told him he should sit down and be an annnouncer and leave the fan alone. He challenged that fan to a fight and told him he was going to kick his ass. Phillips acted like he owned the arena. The whole thing was absolutely ridiculous. He is not a policeman. I have seen him in the past yell at fans who stand up and yell at the refs or get excited. He is not a Billiken fan, he is just a lame comedian with a huge ego who does not prep for the games and knows nothing about basketball. It is time for him to go!!!!!

I can't wait to have center court seats this year for a few games. Guy is such a clown. If this story is true, he's a bigger Dbag than I originally thought.