Willie heading to K-State

SLUDrew

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Willie well and hope he is able to stay out of Frank Martin's dog house. This whole experience might make Willie a stronger person and an even better NBA prospect. If he had stayed at SLU, he would have declared for the next NBA draft. The transfer puts back that decision for one year giving Willie time to get bigger and improve his game. I wish him the best.

From the story:

A KSU spokesman said he hadn't heard of Reed's transferring.

Yea, right.

As for Willie, I'm close to neutral on him, but there is a little part of me that believes Willie is a knucklehead. There are too many instances of questionable circumstances/behavior for me to be supportive of him after his time at SLU.

As for Willie, I'm close to neutral on him, but there is a little part of me that believes Willie is a knucklehead. There are too many instances of questionable circumstances/behavior for me to be supportive of him after his time at SLU.

How many of us we're knuckleheads at 19 or 20? Willie might have a long track record of being trouble but he'd still be in school at nearly any other D1 program. We should hope he straightens out the ship and prospers at his next stop.

How many of us we're knuckleheads at 19 or 20? Willie might have a long track record of being trouble but he'd still be in school at nearly any other D1 program. We should hope he straightens out the ship and prospers at his next stop.

Agreed..no one is perfect at that age. I really hope he does well. Not only will I miss Willie's athletism and talent, but I also loved his charisma out on the court. Willie was an entertainer. Always looked like he was having fun. He would take a tongue lashing every once in awhile, but I still feel he went out there, performed as best he could, and enjoyed playing in front of our fans. Nothing was better than when Willie would make a big play and try to get the crowd into the game by raising his arms in the air. We always gave Willie a shout out before the game and he would always point and smile. Just a fun guy to watch and obviously, a very talented player. He will be missed for sure. Good luck, Willie.

Understood. I meant that in context, so I have a feeling he is a bigger knucklehead than the normal 19-20 year old knucklehead. i could be and hope i'm wrong.

I'm not wishing him bad luck and I hope he matures. I just won't be cheering him on.

A little birdie dropped some info on me this A.M. that Willie was most likely going to be ineligible this semester regardless of anything that may or may not have happened in the spring. Gotta get your work done in the classroom first and foremost.

A little birdie dropped some info on me this A.M. that Willie was most likely going to be ineligible this semester regardless of anything that may or may not have happened in the spring. Gotta get your work done in the classroom first and foremost.

But that, too, might not have been unrelated to everything going on. If I'd had that much outside pressure on me during school, my grades would have suffered as well. (And if he was already in academic trouble, the other stuff just made it worse.)

Interesting. Might explain why he is willing to jump ship so quickly and wait one year instead of 2 and a half months……not just indignation.

Here is hoping that Willie at some point learns that it is not just what you do on the court that counts, but what he can do on the court can accentuate his whole persona. I will not be pulling for him except of course when Kstate plays Missouri. As for knuckleheadedness the Billiken fan in me wanted to believe he was just average in that department. However in light of how quickly he was to eject himself from this situation I have come to think he is more than above average. It appears his family has been co-dependent in that department. In hindsight the two transfers during high school ought to have been a red flag.

Interesting. Might explain why he is willing to jump ship so quickly and wait one year instead of 2 and a half months……not just indignation.

Here is hoping that Willie at some point learns that it is not just what you do on the court that counts, but what he can do on the court can accentuate his whole persona. I will not be pulling for him except of course when Kstate plays Missouri. As for knuckleheadedness the Billiken fan in me wanted to believe he was just average in that department. However in light of how quickly he was to eject himself from this situation I have come to think he is more than above average. It appears his family has been co-dependent in that department. In hindsight the two transfers during high school ought to have been a red flag.

I will be pulling for him no matter where he goes. He gave two very good years to the Billikens and I'm said it wont be more. He could have been the best big man since Bonner.

But that, too, might not have been unrelated to everything going on. If I'd had that much outside pressure on me during school, my grades would have suffered as well. (And if he was already in academic trouble, the other stuff just made it worse.)

I had heard that as well. When folks were saying this trouble brewing was unrelated to the spring incident, that is what I was focusing on. He did not pass summer classes is what I heard. Things are starting to add up now.

mhg

I had heard that as well. When folks were saying this trouble brewing was unrelated to the spring incident, that is what I was focusing on. He did not pass summer classes is what I heard. Things are starting to add up now.

mhg

People gave me trouble for posting the samething yesterday.

I've heard something similar.

K-State has everything to lose and nothing gain by playing SLU, oh wait that`s someone else,sorry.

What are the K-State boards and press saying about getting Willie? Anyone following that press?

If he thinks Majerus was tough or hard...Frank Martin is a beast. He better not act like diva there or Martin will lock him in the doghouse and throw away the key. also, they run a more fast paced offense than we do. he's going to have to get in MUCH better shape as he could barely play 25-30 minutes in our slow offense. also, the players he'll be up against are the same height or bigger and much more athletic and highly regarded recruits. he'll have a tough time finding minutes with the likes of wally judge and others in that front court. i wish him good luck but for his sake hopes he goes more high to mid major where he can be the man or one of them. at k state he could easily get lost.

If he thinks Majerus was tough or hard...Frank Martin is a beast. He better not act like diva there or Martin will lock him in the doghouse and throw away the key. also, they run a more fast paced offense than we do. he's going to have to get in MUCH better shape as he could barely play 25-30 minutes in our slow offense. also, the players he'll be up against are the same height or bigger and much more athletic and highly regarded recruits. he'll have a tough time finding minutes with the likes of wally judge and others in that front court. i wish him good luck but for his sake hopes he goes more high to mid major where he can be the man or one of them. at k state he could easily get lost.

His declaring for KSU happened too quick to think it was pure coincidence. You would think he'd take some time to explore other schools. Wouldn't be surprised if the threat of being ineligible academic wise plus the threat of something from THE INCIDENT didn't cause WR, sr to start trolling a few schools just in case. He did it in HS for Willie as we understand it. And someone posted here there was one player not participating in any team activities for awhile this fall. It wouldn't surprise me if RM laid down the law to WR to get his academics in shape.

His declaring for KSU happened too quick to think it was pure coincidence. You would think he'd take some time to explore other schools. Wouldn't be surprised if the threat of being ineligible academic wise plus the threat of something from THE INCIDENT didn't cause WR, sr to start trolling a few schools just in case. He did it in HS for Willie as we understand it. And someone posted here there was one player not participating in any team activities for awhile this fall. It wouldn't surprise me if RM laid down the law to WR to get his academics in shape.

I'm impressed how they heard from and went through 22 schools in such a short amount of time. I guess they reviewed the merits of each school in between media appearances.

I'm impressed how they heard from and went through 22 schools in such a short amount of time. I guess they reviewed the merits of each school in between media appearances.

St. Willie and his dad are obviously very good multi-taskers. I wonder who is paying for Willie to attend KSU since they have no available scholarships.

Here's a weird questiion. If Willie does pay to go to K-State, does he still have to sit out? Do transfer rules apply to walk-ons?

Yes. He'll have to sit out like any other player. Otherwise, coaches like Calipari would just have any of the best players transfer in and "walk-on".