Kowal/Remekun

I bet RM said you got a schollie for 10-11 but after that I'm getting some HS recruits.

He only has one year of eligibility anyway. My guess is he ends up at Creighton. McDermott is rebuilding and will have plenty of PT for a guy like Kowal.

This is a strange situation. According the NY Times article he wanted SLU. According to Nate RM wanted him. So what's the deal? Either RM couldn't do anything with PE's scholie, Cory R expressed concern, or the team voiced a concern... who knows? Maybe from SK's side he didn't see himself having a big enough role or saw a better fit elsewhere. Too bad, it would have been nice to have an experienced banger in the event of an injury to one of our bigs. But since we never had him anyways why cry about it?

I'm not too worried about it either way. If he wants to go to SLU and play, great, let's deepen our bench and take on an experienced senior for the first time in a few years. If not, that's fine too. Remekun has grown and was already a high-energy player and fearless rebounder. Maybe now his experience and physical growth will lead to more rebounds and points (I'm clearly expecting bigger things from him and HATE the idea of trying to redshirt him).

Maybe Kowal simply didn't get into grad school at SLU. After all, he did go to DeSmet.

brian, you asked, "Why are people acting like Kowal will not be on the team?". he left the clutches of northern illinois weeks ago and slu has begun the fall semester and he isnt a student at slu. last i checked you need to be a student at the school in question to be on the basketball team.

seriously, it isnt like the ellis situation where there was an academic issue that needed to be cleared up first. this is a matter of just coming to school if slu wanted him and vice versa. that hasnt happened, so i think it is a better question to ask why some of you think he will be on the team at this point? especially considering the slu scholarships are all currently being used by other players.

brian, you asked, "Why are people acting like Kowal will not be on the team?". he left the clutches of northern illinois weeks ago and slu has begun the fall semester and he isnt a student at slu. last i checked you need to be a student at the school in question to be on the basketball team.

seriously, it isnt like the ellis situation where there was an academic issue that needed to be cleared up first. this is a matter of just coming to school if slu wanted him and vice versa. that hasnt happened, so i think it is a better question to ask why some of you think he will be on the team at this point? especially considering the slu scholarships are all currently being used by other players.

Has the masters program in theology started classes yet?

Can someone remind me if Barry Eberhardt got into SLU? I forgot.

Huh? Every player that has ever played at SLU "got into SLU."

Until Kowal signs with another school, it would be jumping to conclusions to assume he won't be here. There is a chance he will, there is a chance he won't.

I wouldn't say 0 chance. Do all those future priests and nuns pay for their theology Masters? Maybe he qualifies for a academic scholarship.

Maybe Rick changed his mind but if Kowal were to knock off a bank he could get back on the radar of SLU and some other schools.

Agreed. Can he not get an academic scholarship and walk on?

Do you guys seriously think the NCAA is going to allow a D1 player to leave a program and end up at another program with an academic scholarship? There are tons of rules about this kind of stuff and for good reason.

Repeat after me, Kowal will only be a Billiken if he is on full athletic scholarship.

Huh? Every player that has ever played at SLU "got into SLU."

Until Kowal signs with another school, it would be jumping to conclusions to assume he won't be here. There is a chance he will, there is a chance he won't.

Shoe, your keen eye for the obvious is to be commended..

D. Young went to Maryville.

Young leaves SLU as the unofficial career leader in FG and FT percentages. He was 100% in each category, 1-1 from the floor, and 3-3 from the stripe. ;) I was really impressed with how he handled the minutes he got in the CBI. Very poised. Hope he has great success at Maryville.