summer workouts

NCAA rules have been allowing coaches limited time in the off season to work on skills.

Some of the rules include weight room instruction as well as court time. Coaches can not have control of more than

three players at the same time.

RM won't be violating any rules. He is not expected back on campus until August.

It also seems last year media was allowed to visit practices on a scheduled day each week.

Not too many media showed when we were doing the weak out of conference part of our schedule.

Anyone hear if BC has been resting or working out and if the ankles have mended?

NCAA rules have been allowing coaches limited time in the off season to work on skills.

Some of the rules include weight room instruction as well as court time. Coaches can not have control of more than

RM won't be violating any rules. He is not expected back on campus until August.

It also seems last year media was allowed to visit practices on a scheduled day each week.

Not too many media showed when we were doing the weak out of conference ptevilleart of our schedule.

Anyone hear if BC has been resting or working out and if the ankles have mended?

Some years back when I lived in Fayetteville, North Carolina my neighbors daughter had a basketball scholarship with Clemson, she was quite good. Her parents (her mother was also a basketball star at Clemson) had adjacent to the garage a nice 1/2 court set-up and a weight room. In addition to playing in a local summer league, several days of the week she had a personal trainer come by and work with her on both her basketball skills and conditioning. How could the NCAA monitor something like that?

Some years back when I lived in Fayetteville, North Carolina my neighbors daughter had a basketball scholarship with Clemson, she was quite good. Her parents (her mother was also a basketball star at Clemson) had adjacent to the garage a nice 1/2 court set-up and a weight room. In addition to playing in a local summer league, several days of the week she had a personal trainer come by and work with her on both her basketball skills and conditioning. How could the NCAA monitor something like that?

I think that the weight room restrictions probably apply to time spent in the school's weight room under the supervision of a member of the school's staff. I would think that if a player wanted to go to a local workout gym and lift weights, that wouldn't fall under any NCAA guidelines.

Guest BillikenReport

Not too many media showed when we were doing the weak out of conference part of our schedule.

I've been on campus a couple times recently, though I didn't see Conklin any of the times I was there.

A few little nuggets to chew on: Cory Remekun has gotten bigger and looks a lot stronger. Paul Eckerle seemed like he was eager to get back on the court for his final season.

I've been on campus a couple times recently, though I didn't see Conklin any of the times I was there.

A few little nuggets to chew on: Cory Remekun has gotten bigger and looks a lot stronger. Paul Eckerle seemed like he was eager to get back on the court for his final season.

Cory has a chance to make a lot of noise. He can rebound and play defense and the first of those can give him a lot of time if the Bills continue to struggle on the boards. As athletic and physical as he is, give him some more muscle and at least some improved offensive skill and he can really do some damage.

Willie, Cody, Brian, Cory, and Rob - they are going to have the size of a top BCS school.

Don't know where else to put this, but I had a dream the other night that KM was dismissed from the team for unknown reasons. Glad to wake up and realize it was just a dream.

No one really gives a damn about your dreams... especially those of the wet variety.

Nate. What, if any, contribution do you think PE will make this year?

OK - since nothing is going on I will tell you that I had a pear pie last night - not a big deal but I thought it was post-worthy using your criteria.

i had a dream last night that trent meacham died in a fire caused by extreme friction generated between his face and his own genitals. is that unforgivable!?

Guest BillikenReport

Nate. What, if any, contribution do you think PE will make this year?

In terms of numbers, it's tough to say. His real value to the team isn't measured in points or assists or minutes because he does a great job as a leader and when he's in there making sure the offense is going the way its supposed to go. When he had his hot shooting games the first two years, he made a big difference in 1-2 wins each season.

I think the Billikens missed him more last year than most would realize. He would have played a lot.

This season, I would guess he'll be one of the first guards off the bench behind Kwamain and Cassity. He'll push Christian Salecich for minutes and may get the minutes early that either McCall or Jett will get later on in the season.

This team should be really deep. Majerus will likely turn to Eckerle when other guys aren't doing what he's looking for on both ends of the court.

In terms of numbers, it's tough to say. His real value to the team isn't measured in points or assists or minutes because he does a great job as a leader and when he's in there making sure the offense is going the way its supposed to go. When he had his hot shooting games the first two years, he made a big difference in 1-2 wins each season.

I think the Billikens missed him more last year than most would realize. He would have played a lot.

This season, I would guess he'll be one of the first guards off the bench behind Kwamain and Cassity. He'll push Christian Salecich for minutes and may get the minutes early that either McCall or Jett will get later on in the season.

This team should be really deep. Majerus will likely turn to Eckerle when other guys aren't doing what he's looking for on both ends of the court.

Good post. If anything, PE will provide leadership to a very young squad.

Interesting take. Thanks.