Transfer visiting SLU

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6'5"" guard, 190. Hopefully will follow KM to the gym and add some muscle.

mhg

I have read several blurbs on this kid and all describe his incredible work ethic. Describing a player like this sometimes scares me as it can be akin to describing a woman as having a great personality. That being said, I think we can find room in our rotation for a player that led a MAC team in scoring as a freshmen

I have read several blurbs on this kid and all describe his incredible work ethic. Describing a player like this sometimes scares me as it can be akin to describing a woman as having a great personality. That being said, I think we can find room in our rotation for a player that led a MAC team in scoring as a freshmen

Not trying to stir the pot, but great work ethic/gym rat are sometimes code words for being white.

Full disclosure--I did not click on the link so I don't know and I may be eating my words very soon.

Lead the team in scoring but the team was 4-28 and 1-15 in the MAC. So given that I think you can toss out the fact that he lead the team in scoring. I do trust RM but given that he cannot play next year I think I would pass and see what I could get in the 2011 recruiting class.

Lead the team in scoring but the team was 4-28 and 1-15 in the MAC. So given that I think you can toss out the fact that he lead the team in scoring. I do trust RM but given that he cannot play next year I think I would pass and see what I could get in the 2011 recruiting class.

Obviosly, I need not say Blake Ahearn

the staff will look at him and know whether he

improves the team and fits-who knows we definitely

were short players at the end of this season

I always avoid women with great personalities

I checked on what he did against some good opponents... Cincinnati - 21 pts, Michigan State - 8 pts, Cornell - 13 points, Alabama - 13 points, Indiana State (who we played in the CBI) - 20 points

He made 71 3-pointers on 37% shooting and 80% from the free throw line... an area where we need help. He also played 34 minutes per game.

He seems like he would be a good addition.

I checked on what he did against some good opponents... Cincinnati - 21 pts, Michigan State - 8 pts, Cornell - 13 points, Alabama - 13 points, Indiana State (who we played in the CBI) - 20 points

He made 71 3-pointers on shot 37% shooting and 80% from the free throw line... an area where we need help. He also played 34 minutes per game.

He seems like he would be a good addition.

But can he play defense?

mhg

he would be playing with sophomore status and a seniors age.. (prep school + 1 year at toledo + 1 year sitting out) .. give me someone who has more upside..but then again..we would be getting a clone of kyle cassity..and we all know how much big rick love him some kyle cassity.. pass on this guy..he is a dime a dozen

he would be playing with sophomore status and a seniors age.. (prep school + 1 year at toledo + 1 year sitting out) .. give me someone who has more upside..but then again..we would be getting a clone of kyle cassity..and we all know how much big rick love him some kyle cassity.. pass on this guy..he is a dime a dozen

The difference between Barnett and KC is Barnett has already shown he can play at a relatively high level, averaging just under 13ppg as a true freshman. Of course, I realize you probably don't think much of the MAC.

The difference between Barnett and KC is Barnett has already shown he can play at a relatively high level, averaging just under 13ppg as a true freshman. Of course, I realize you probably don't think much of the MAC.

Barnett and KC seem like much different players. KC is more into setting up teammates and is not a great natural scorer. He only averaged 6 ppg this past season. Barnett is bigger and clearly a much better shooter. Barnett seems more like that Matt Roth type player who we always seem to be chasing, but haven't landed yet.