VCU BBALL Website

http://www.vcuathletics.com/mbb_roster.php

Has anyone seen this website? its awesome. I have the athletes signature on every page. i get to know little facts. and i get to see phrases like "Lock your doors, turn off the lights and hide your VCU shot block records because Larry is coming to get them." great website. and Larry Sanders sounds like the man to stop if you wanna win.

To quote Jimmy Buffett: searching for my lost Shaka of Smart. I do believe these will be very tough games. One of my CofC friends told me VCU may be the most athletic team they've faced all year and hit some pretty fantastic 3's against the Cougs. I'm thinking there's a similarity between VCU and RI. Sure wish we were at full strength for this game. I think we're gonna need a lot of bodies to throw at them.

VCU seems to be a team similar to SLU they have the tall talented big man, Larry Sanders , and a spark plug point guard with a similar physique to Kwamain who get to the whole fairly well, but I am not sure he shoots as well as Kwamain. Rozzel who either starts or comes of the bench can score, 6-6 or so. They will be a tough team to beat on their home court and with only 8 players…..

We'll have our hands full with VCU: athletic, run-and-gun, and playing with a chip on their shoulder (rightfully so) for not being included in the NIT. My hope is that they're a poor man's Dayton, who we seem to match up well against despite their style and advantage in athleticism. My fear is that we'll lose the first one on the road by double digits and not have enough gas left in the tank to come home and win 2.

Guest BillikenReport

Shaka Smart was in St. Louis at the beginning of last season recruiting Bradley Beal for Florida.

He was an impressive young guy then. He's done a great job in a short amount of time with VCU.

I don't see us losing 2 in a row at home, so if we can just win the first, I gotta believe its over.....It'll be a tough matchup for sure, and I think we can actually score with them better than they can play a slow-down game with us....We put up almost 70 on the nations #1 defense last night, so I have to believe we can score if we absolutely have too. I'd rather play the slow-down game and win the game with around 60 points.....They are obviously tough and were in the NCAA tourney last year if I remember correctly. They may have lost a lot, but still have some experience....

Can't wait.

We'll have our hands full with VCU: athletic, run-and-gun, and playing with a chip on their shoulder (rightfully so) for not being included in the NIT. My hope is that they're a poor man's Dayton, who we seem to match up well against despite their style and advantage in athleticism. My fear is that we'll lose the first one on the road by double digits and not have enough gas left in the tank to come home and win 2.

Exactly... we could get blown out 1st game BIG if we let VCU run and gun.

I saw a lot of the BU game, VCU is very talented and deep; Willie has improved, but Larry Sanders is more mature and ahead of him at this point.

My fear is our 3 guards cannot stay 100% for the full game and tire like the BU kids did in the 2nd half.

Majerus will hopefully figure out something...

as much as i dog rickma, i have constant respect for his coaching ability. there is probably not a coach in the country i have more confidence could schedule a three game series to be played over 5 days. no one will out prepare rickma in such a setup. any needed adjustments to be made will be made and we will win this tourney assuming nothing happens injurywise. knock on wood.

VCU fan here pretty familiar with the SLU program as my cousin was former Billiken Kenny Brown. Should be a good series between the two teams and will probably go the distance.

Good luck in the matchup!

Welcome. It should be a great series.

What is Kenny Brown up to these days?

VCU fan here pretty familiar with the SLU program as my cousin was former Billiken Kenny Brown. Should be a good series between the two teams and will probably go the distance.

Good luck in the matchup!

Kenny is on my all-time SLU underrated team. One of the best post defenders we've ever had.

Kenny is on my all-time SLU underrated team. One of the best post defenders we've ever had.

I agree. He also played against some pretty good CUSA centers with little help. If only he could make a free throw.

Welcome. It should be a great series.

What is Kenny Brown up to these days?

Kenny must still play somewhere. He is a regular at the store I work at in Hazelwood for a couple months then vanishes for the rest of the year.

I don't see how we beat VCU there. We're going to have to win it at Chaifetz.

Show up people and let the Bills ride the wave of the crowd's enthusiasm.

I don't see how we beat VCU there. We're going to have to win it at Chaifetz.

Show up people and let the Bills ride the wave of the crowd's enthusiasm.

We beat Dayton on the road, I didnt see that coming. These kids can win there.

ROUND #1

Posted Image

The series kicks off in Richmond, as the Rams host the opening game this Monday at the Stuart C. Siegel Center (7PM). Unfortunately for the Black and Gold, they won’t have a chance to lift the trophy in front of a home crowd, as St. Louis will host games 2 and 3.

This will the Billikens first post season tournament under Head Coach Rick Majerus. St. Louis finished 4th in an incredibly competitive A10 conference, sandwiched between Richmond and Rhode Island, both of which lost two the Rams in non-conference road games. They’re lead by sophomore’s Willie Reed and Kwamain Mitchell. The pair averages a combined 28.7 points per game.

Http://www.vcuramnation.com/

Kenny must still play somewhere. He is a regular at the store I work at in Hazelwood for a couple months then vanishes for the rest of the year.

Last Christmas season I was at my wife's holiday party and met Kenny's sister. She said he is a coach (it may be both football and basketball if I heard right) for some small highschool in mid Missouri. that would fit with him being around for a couple months in the summer. She said he was doing realy well.

ROUND #1

Posted Image

The series kicks off in Richmond, as the Rams host the opening game this Monday at the Stuart C. Siegel Center (7PM). Unfortunately for the Black and Gold, they won’t have a chance to lift the trophy in front of a home crowd, as St. Louis will host games 2 and 3.

This will the Billikens first post season tournament under Head Coach Rick Majerus. St. Louis finished 4th in an incredibly competitive A10 conference, sandwiched between Richmond and Rhode Island, both of which lost two the Rams in non-conference road games. They’re lead by sophomore’s Willie Reed and Kwamain Mitchell. The pair averages a combined 28.7 points per game.

Http://www.vcuramnation.com/

Bring it *******!