Top 10 reasons we need to sell out tonight

slu101

bonwich

I like the "just in case" policy. Just because you bought season tickets, doesn't or sholdn't mean you own that seat. It should mean you have purchased the right to enter every game of the year--not necessarily the exact same seats everytime--especialy if you did not infom them that you were coming to the game. Simple fix--tell them you want your seats and they are yours--viola. Easy. Now everyone is happy. You forgot to tell us, well, sorry, per our policy, we sold your ticket to someone willing to pay more not to sit in the upper corners, but as a cuourtesy to our season ticket holders we have these (just in case) seats reserved for you. Everyone happy.

Plus more money for admission--better seats cost more.

What is the sense of empty seats?

I understand this not being a problem when we only average 4,000 people a game, but hopefully next year, when seats are in demand their entire seating policy needs to be revised.

Can we dump METROTIX??--PLEASE!! First of all $4 a seat charge is BS, and they don't have access to all of the seats that are available. The upper sections of the upper bowl--I think row L and above are not available for pre-purchase, but only for walk-ups. So for the Xavier game I called to try to get the cheap $12 seat that I always do and they did not have any. Plus the few $16 seats they had were gone. So, it seemed like almost a sell-out if you were buying tickets ahead of time. I shell out the stupid $8 to Metrotix and buy 2 $20 seats--which are not any better than the $12 seats I always had before. Then I get to the game and there are hundreds of seats availble for $12 at the door. REALLY stupid. If I weren't so jacked for game, I would have been PO'd--big time. Again if I were a casual fan, I would tell SLU to kiss my backside and they were not getting anymore of my money. I was out $48 bucks for what should have been $24, like usual. How hard would it be to have workstudy students manning the phones at the box office and selling the tickets right there instead of getting raped by metrotix? If SLU gets a cut of that raping fee--fine dump them and charge that small percentage for pre-order fees--say $1 a ticket or something, but not $4. This also seems like a no brainer.

Add the students actually in the box office selling tickets and selling truly BEST AVAILABLE seats and we have a perfect seating policy that makes sense to everyone, gives everyone a fair shake at best seats, fills in all the seats that show up on TV, makes the most money for the arena, attacts and keeps the most new fans to the Bills experience and on and on...

Again this all seems like common sense to me.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sat with the Shoe's in lower 108. I love that section. My big mouth doesn't stand out. I'm just like any other loud mouthed a$$hole in the section.

Are you the guy with long hair who was sitting with your dad in the second row of 108????? Just wondering, I haven't seen these guys all year, they were pretty amped up.

For me, this merely extends about 40 years of frustration with utterly absurd marketing decisions made by the athletic department. For both the ISU game and the GB game, I was simply astounded that they chose to leave the corner-court sections of the lower bowl (save for the one behind the Billiken bench) almost VACANT.

And what's the reasoning behind not selling the best seats in the house? Are they afraid they're going to offend the 20 percent of the center court section who hold season tickets there? Can you honestly imagine any season ticket holder being UPSET that the arena looked full(er) on TV, or that real fans could cheer close to the court?

The stated policy is that season ticket holders who have already stated their desire to sit in their seats need do nothing else (except pick them up and pay for them). The simple and best-impression way to promote the arena and the team for any remaining games would be to sell ANY seat that the holder hasn't claimed for the first two games. If you're worried about the ticket holders who haven't yet but might show up for the remaining games, set aside about 100 seats in the lower center sections for "just in case" and dole those out to any exceptions.

Or just keep giving walkups crappy upstairs seats from which they can observe the thousands of empty seats below them. I realize this is a difficult executive decision; perhaps they should hold a meeting or convene a focus group. :(

Bonwich.

Stop using common sense when talking about the Athletic Department!! Totally agree. No way do more than 100 season ticket holders show up, last minute, and get upset. Even if they did, SLU already has AT LEAST 100 seats in the lower Gold section in reserve -- based upon my best guess after personally watching seats go vacant now for 2 years. Another 100 would be a great idea. I keep waiting for a "clean house" but it never happens and probably never will. Yes, Margot is a nice lady and a great first contact for the Athletic Department but the entire department is a joke and has been for years. And just to be clear, I am NOT saying the problem is with Margot or with any one person but it has been present despite a change with the last 5 Athtletic Directors.

It is quite obvious that the Athtletic Department never even thought about formulating a ticket policy for the CBI until last week. It's really not that difficult. There should be written plans in place for the Season Tickets, Conf Tourney, NCAA Tourney, NIT and CBI. These plans should have proposed, discussed, commented upon, implemented and not only given to each season ticket holder but posted on the website.

After the season, the Athtletic Department should really consider sitting down with at least 20 season ticket holder to review a whole series of policies and procedures.

Maybe this will be my second career. <_<

Bonwich.

Stop using common sense when talking about the Athletic Department!! Totally agree. No way do more than 100 season ticket holders show up, last minute, and get upset. Even if they did, SLU already has AT LEAST 100 seats in the lower Gold section in reserve -- based upon my best guess after personally watching seats go vacant now for 2 years. Another 100 would be a great idea. I keep waiting for a "clean house" but it never happens and probably never will. Yes, Margot is a nice lady and a great first contact for the Athletic Department but the entire department is a joke and has been for years. And just to be clear, I am NOT saying the problem is with Margot or with any one person but it has been present despite a change with the last 5 Athtletic Directors.

It is quite obvious that the Athtletic Department never even thought about formulating a ticket policy for the CBI until last week. It's really not that difficult. There should be written plans in place for the Season Tickets, Conf Tourney, NCAA Tourney, NIT and CBI. These plans should have proposed, discussed, commented upon, implemented and not only given to each season ticket holder but posted on the website.

After the season, the Athtletic Department should really consider sitting down with at least 20 season ticket holder to review a whole series of policies and procedures.

Maybe this will be my second career. :(

She is with the Billiken Club which I have always found to be well run.

Was someone stopping fans from moving from the uppers to the lowers? Seems like a no brainer. I've been at the Mizzou Arena when it's a third full and the PA announcer invited fans to come down to the lower levels. What is the drawback to that plan?

No. I gave my season tickets in the lower bowl to my parents and got two extra tickets earlier in the day.

The two extras were in 211.

I could see from there that my normal section had plenty of extra seats so I moved down at the half

10) we are playing at least as many post-season games as Kansas

9) we are in the most exclusive post-season tornament ( only 16 teams lucky enough)

8) we are already in the elite 8

7) we can run this tournament and finish with 25 wins

6) best band in college shows up on force everytime

5) saintsations

4) Cody

3) Kyle

2) Willie

1) Kwamain

Let's get out there in force tonight and support our kids!!!!!

Lets not forget that Davola's sisters were in the house.

I sat with the Shoe's in lower 108. I love that section. My big mouth doesn't stand out. I'm just like any other loud mouthed a$$hole in the section.

In all seriousness, for the Princeton game every person that doesn't want to sit in their assigned seat or in an upper corner and wants to stand and yell and not worry about the people immediately around you should come to 108. I'm sure we could fill the rows from the Shoes to the checkered pants crew (Rican, Davola, SLUSAE, etc.) about 10 rows up with people that are fine making noise and standing. It won't quite be a student section but it could be close.

In all seriousness, for the Princeton game every person that doesn't want to sit in their assigned seat or in an upper corner and wants to stand and yell and not worry about the people immediately around you should come to 108. I'm sure we could fill the rows from the Shoes to the checkered pants crew (Rican, Davola, SLUSAE, etc.) about 10 rows up with people that are fine making noise and standing. It won't quite be a student section but it could be close.

Love it!

Count me in. Me and my old man--who I more than make up for on the yelling front--will venture down to 108. We sat there for the IN St game--great seats. I caught myslef biting my tounge a few times at last night's game, due to the crowd around me--two elderly couples and two families with little ones. I got plenty out though. I'll be the loud, fat, bald guy with glasses next to little old man. I know, not nearly specific enough.

Don't give away my seats.

Count me in. Me and my old man--who I more than make up for on the yelling front--will venture down to 108. We sat there for the IN St game--great seats. I caught myslef biting my tounge a few times at last night's game, due to the crowd around me--two elderly couples and two families with little ones. I got plenty out though. I'll be the loud, fat, bald guy with glasses next to little old man. I know, not nearly specific enough.

Awesome. 108 should be representing.

Just a note to everyone:

The Dude sits one row in front of us, and for business reasons he is out of town probably buying up multi-million dollar companies with his pocket change. Out of respect for The Dude, we ask that no one sit in Row K, Seat7. Also, The Dude beat Jay Haas in golf when Jay was a senior and The Dude was a sophomore. The Dude is 'almost' up to Rammer's standards, but not quite.

Nark is an attorney. He deals in factual foundations.

I'll be interested to see how the 'Fetz is populated tonight. The current "best available" is 201 row H (upper deck, corner court) -- and when I went to buy tickets on Friday, another corner court section was all they would offer me besides our season tickets.

I predict another gaping hole at center court, and this time, rather than having fans clustered in somewhat better seats adjoining the court, we're going to have tiny islands of fans all over the place. And I still can't fathom why they wouldn't sell the (non-season-ticket-held) good seats to anyone who wanted them.

I bought 2 ticket 1 hour before game time! The best seats they said were available were in Sect. 211, row D. My response was, "no way!" I have been to every game and I can tell no one is here!" There were a lot of empty seats! You would think they would want the place to "look" full and sell the season tickets seats that were unspoken for!

An ironic addendum: I went to pick up our seats today. First, it took them two people on two computers to tell where my seats were. (I didn't remember the row.) Then, when they figure it out, one of the staff says, "Oh, one of your seats is sold already." (We moved one to the left; I hope the folks next to us don't try to buy their tickets tomorrow.)

Anyway, I'm going to be late, but I pointed out Shoeville to my seatmates, who will probably venture down that way tomorrow. Be forewarned that there will be a 16-year-old girl among them; do feel free to cuss, however, just to prove to her that her old man isn't the most vulgar person in the arena. :huh:

An ironic addendum: I went to pick up our seats today. First, it took them two people on two computers to tell where my seats were. (I didn't remember the row.) Then, when they figure it out, one of the staff says, "Oh, one of your seats is sold already." (We moved one to the left; I hope the folks next to us don't try to buy their tickets tomorrow.)

Anyway, I'm going to be late, but I pointed out Shoeville to my seatmates, who will probably venture down that way tomorrow. Be forewarned that there will be a 16-year-old girl among them; do feel free to cuss, however, just to prove to her that her old man isn't the most vulgar person in the arena. :(

I'm convinced that our alma mater's best and brightest students are not employed by the ticket office.

couple of things, i would bet a lot of the mid section and even corner lower bowl empty seats are the results of season tix holders answering their telemarketing call "yes, i want my seats." and then not showing up. surprise to come on the charge that will be on their charge cards anyway.

second, as a season ticket holder, i have worked hard to bring extra people to each game and appreciated the fact that i was able to walk into the ticket office yesterday and add 4 more seats for business associates right next to my seats.

it is a tough gray area. the season ticket holders and billiken club members have been carrying this program for years. now a few of you that are not billiken club members are p!ssed because you cant do what the long time season ticket holders can.

on the other hand, i understand the embarrassment of having those empty prime seats.

that's what chris may and his staff get the big bucks for. figuring these problems out.

i will say, those of you upset, i suggest that if you join the billiken club i bet a lot of opportunities open up for you immediately. i am not suggesting waiting until august when the next year schedule is out and you pick out seats. i am saying, did you call the billiken club and and say, "i want to join the billiken club. i know the red seats are $150 mandatory donation per seat. i will give you $600 now to join. now give me 4 seats for tonites game in section 102 row k now." my bet is as soon as you bought that billiken club membership they would have offered up the seats you wanted.

10) we are playing at least as many post-season games as Kansas

9) we are in the most exclusive post-season tornament ( only 16 teams lucky enough)

8) we are already in the elite 8

7) we can run this tournament and finish with 25 wins

6) best band in college shows up on force everytime

5) saintsations

4) Cody

3) Kyle

2) Willie

1) Kwamain

Let's get out there in force tonight and support our kids!!!!!

OK... Everything still applies... Except for #8... now you have to tell folks we are in the final four!!!!! Go Bills!!!!

TOP REASON WE NEED TO SELL OUT TONITE:

ONLY FOUR TEAMS WILL END THEIR SEASON ON A WIN...THE BILLS CAN BE ONE OF THEM...AND THEY NEED A GREAT CROWD TO GET THERE.

I am doing my part. Mother turns 92 in April..wants to go to the game tonight. Won't be easy but I am bringing her!! :lol:

couple of things, i would bet a lot of the mid section and even corner lower bowl empty seats are the results of season tix holders answering their telemarketing call "yes, i want my seats." and then not showing up. surprise to come on the charge that will be on their charge cards anyway.

second, as a season ticket holder, i have worked hard to bring extra people to each game and appreciated the fact that i was able to walk into the ticket office yesterday and add 4 more seats for business associates right next to my seats.

it is a tough gray area. the season ticket holders and billiken club members have been carrying this program for years. now a few of you that are not billiken club members are p!ssed because you cant do what the long time season ticket holders can.

on the other hand, i understand the embarrassment of having those empty prime seats.

that's what chris may and his staff get the big bucks for. figuring these problems out.

i will say, those of you upset, i suggest that if you join the billiken club i bet a lot of opportunities open up for you immediately. i am not suggesting waiting until august when the next year schedule is out and you pick out seats. i am saying, did you call the billiken club and and say, "i want to join the billiken club. i know the red seats are $150 mandatory donation per seat. i will give you $600 now to join. now give me 4 seats for tonites game in section 102 row k now." my bet is as soon as you bought that billiken club membership they would have offered up the seats you wanted.

Sorry Roy, I agree with you on most Billiken matters. However, as I stated in a thread a few days ago when discussing the ticket situation re the Ind. St game, this is a complete blank-up on the part of the Ath Dept and its leader. I don't believe they could have handled the ticket situation for these tourney games any worse. You are correct when you say that CM and his staff get the big bucks for figuring out how to handle these questions and they clearly have NOT earned their salaries in dealing with this issue.

As I previously stated, this is not brain surgery. It's not like this was an unforeseen possibility-being in the NIT would have had the same issues. I think this displays a complete lack of ability to analyze a situation and make a well-reasoned decision, on the part of CM. A nice guy, BUT not a strong leader!

What you said about joining the BC and getting better treatment is true, but shouldn't be the key to getting better ticket availability decisions. We have clearly neither maximized ticket revenues nor gotten people in the best available seats!