The rest of the season

dneuner

We have...

Xavier

Duquesne

Temple

Dayton

I really have no idea how to call this. I think we get two wins, Duquesne and Dayton, and I guess I'll say we'll take Temple.. I'm not sure about Xavier. I agree that this is a different team from even a few weeks ago, but I just don't know how this one plays out.

As a side note, Real Time RPI thinks we go 1-3. They call for a win against Duquesne but none of the others. Interestingly, they have a 4 point spread on Xavier but only a 1 point spread on Temple. The widest of the three loses is by 12 to Dayton. I don't agree with that spread, but the others, I feel, are pretty accurate and put the games within our grasp.

So, final prediction is 3-1. It is also possible that we win our three homers and lose at Dayton; I could see that happening.

Thoughts?

We have...

Xavier

Duquesne

Temple

Dayton

I really have no idea how to call this. I think we get two wins, Duquesne and Dayton, and I guess I'll say we'll take Temple.. I'm not sure about Xavier. I agree that this is a different team from even a few weeks ago, but I just don't know how this one plays out.

So, final prediction is 3-1. It is also possible that we win our three homers and lose at Dayton; I could see that happening.

Thoughts?

We'll be expected to go 1-3, even with the current streak alive. Duquesne is the only game we'll be favored. A win at Dayton will be tough; we lost by one last year, but the year before were absolutely embarrassed. They're desperate right now, and I just don't see us winning that one, even with me in the house.

As for the home stretch, DU should be a win. Xavier and Temple should be close, given the way we've played at home. I see Temple as a loss and XU as a toss-up; I'll optimistically say we take 2 of the last 4 games, stealing one from XU and losing to Temple by under 10.

We'll be expected to go 1-3, even with the current streak alive. Duquesne is the only game we'll be favored. A win at Dayton will be tough; we lost by one last year, but the year before were absolutely embarrassed. They're desperate right now, and I just don't see us winning that one, even with me in the house.

As for the home stretch, DU should be a win. Xavier and Temple should be close, given the way we've played at home. I see Temple as a loss and XU as a toss-up; I'll optimistically say we take 2 of the last 4 games, stealing one from XU and losing to Temple by under 10.

I think the hardest games will be Xavier, Dayton, Temple, Duquesne (in that order) with absolutetly no gimmes. I predict we go 2-2 and grab a NIT berth.

I think the hardest games will be Xavier, Dayton, Temple, Duquesne (in that order) with absolutetly no gimmes. I predict we go 2-2 and grab a NIT berth.

I feel the same way. But damn it would be unreal if we sweep the 3 home games and go into Dayton on a 9 game winning streak. My mind says 1-3 or 2-2 but my heart says 3-1

4-0...Billiken Nation (9 thousand strong) goes insane as the Bills go to the A-10 title game and lose...but go to the Big Dance and make it to the second round.

Temple has a 10-3 mark on the road this year. However, they were throttled at Richmond (we can relate) and pushed to the brink against St. Joe's. So I think the Temple game is up for grabs.

As for Xavier, our forwards need to play very physical, and match Xavier's intensity if we want to win. This game should be right up Conklin's alley.

If we don't win on Wednesday against Xavier, I see us going 1-3. Losing a game with the potential to keep us in the NCAA tourney talks would be a big blow, especially in front of the raucous home crowd. From that point I only see us beating either Duquesne or Dayton. The air could potentially come out of this thing if we lose to Xavier big.

If we beat Xavier, then look out. The confidence of beating the top dog in the A10, combined with the motivation to continue winning and sneak into the tourney is huge. I could easily see us running the table with such a great home atmosphere and lots of fan support. In this scenario, I think our toughest game would be the finale against Dayton. Dayton will probably still be fighting for their lives, trying to sneak into the tourney as well, and everyone knows about the Dayton home-court advantage. A win would keep the dream alive heading into the A10 tourney. A loss would be an unpleasant speed bump prior to the A10 tourney that could possibly trip us up.

Win or lose, I see the game on Wednesday as the biggest of the season. I will be anxiously watching all the way from Dallas and I hope to see a sell-out crowd. What's the TV situation?

We have...

Xavier

Duquesne

Temple

Dayton

As a side note, Real Time RPI thinks we go 1-3. They call for a win against Duquesne but none of the others. Interestingly, they have a 4 point spread on Xavier but only a 1 point spread on Temple. The widest of the three loses is by 12 to Dayton. I don't agree with that spread, but the others, I feel, are pretty accurate and put the games within our grasp.

Thoughts?

Board-

Backhand told you 6 games ago that the Billikans would

1) win out the reg season

2) get to the A10 finals

3) lose in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament to New Mexico

Why do you need any other predictions?

If we don't win on Wednesday against Xavier, I see us going 1-3. Losing a game with the potential to keep us in the NCAA tourney talks would be a big blow, especially in front of the raucous home crowd. From that point I only see us beating either Duquesne or Dayton. The air could potentially come out of this thing if we lose to Xavier big.

If we beat Xavier, then look out. The confidence of beating the top dog in the A10, combined with the motivation to continue winning and sneak into the tourney is huge. I could easily see us running the table with such a great home atmosphere and lots of fan support. In this scenario, I think our toughest game would be the finale against Dayton. Dayton will probably still be fighting for their lives, trying to sneak into the tourney as well, and everyone knows about the Dayton home-court advantage. A win would keep the dream alive heading into the A10 tourney. A loss would be an unpleasant speed bump prior to the A10 tourney that could possibly trip us up.

Win or lose, I see the game on Wednesday as the biggest of the season. I will be anxiously watching all the way from Dallas and I hope to see a sell-out crowd. What's the TV situation?

fox sports midwest on tape delay

It could be easily a 4 and 0 as ir could be an o and 4. The thing is that we can't take a game off.

Xavier is top dpg -- has been and will be. Respect to them. Jordan Crawford is probably key. I think at home, with Willie, Bian, Cody, John and Cory, we can neutralize their big men. Redford shoots only threes; don't lose him when he's in the game. I like our guards over their; Dante Jackson is a spot up shooter as well. Wild card becomes who guards Crawford?

Duquesne is playing okay righ tnow but will have confidence in beating Charlotte and Daton. But their defense is suspect. We could put Smith on Saunders and overplay him to the left on drives. Our defense must frustrate them and not allow them to play what they think is defense and not be hurt.

Temple. Brooks and Fernandez are steaky and we must neutralize Moore as a slasher. Another Jhn Smith deal? I think these matchups play better into Smith's capabilities and he could see more time down this stretch. Lavoy Allen is a load and we tend to make mediocre big men look good. So if Allen scores shut the rest down. St. Joe's gave them a run but don't forget --- that was a Big Five game in the Palestra and records get thrown out in those.

Dayton. On senior night with Warren, Lowery, Marques Johnson, Perry and Huelsman all graduating. And Dayton on a potential low if thye lose in Temple and Richmond as I think they will. I doubt we can come back from a big deficit there but in adversity, Dayton turns to Gregory who hasn't shown an ability to win gthe close ones.

We could go all the way --- either way. Take them one at a time an donly worry about the moment. Things will take care of themselves.

We have...

Xavier

Duquesne

Temple

Dayton

Thoughts?

3-1 - win the home games and lose at Dayton

I think Xavier could play right into our hands....I'm not saying we are going to beat them, but...

The Billikens are 1st in the nation at guarding the three, and Xavier is 1st in the A-10 in 3 point field goal percentage as well as 2nd in 3's made...

They rely heavily on the three, so if we can take that aspect away from them.. simply put, we get a W!!!

Temple, and Duquesne will be tough

So will @ Dayton, but since I'm going to that one, we CANT lose!!!

I think Xavier could play right into our hands....I'm not saying we are going to beat them, but...

The Billikens are 1st in the nation at guarding the three, and Xavier is 1st in the A-10 in 3 point field goal percentage as well as 2nd in 3's made...

They rely heavily on the three, so if we can take that aspect away from them.. simply put, we get a W!!!

Temple, and Duquesne will be tough

So will @ Dayton, but since I'm going to that one, we CANT lose!!!

Doesn't this feel great knowing that we will both be at ALL of the games to close out the regular season??

^^you are uninvited to this party... ;)

Four and GO, baby!

Over X by 5

Over Duquesne by 3

Over Temple by 6 (slow grind at end BC they keep fouling us and we nail the free throws to extend the lead in last minute)

Over Dayton by 8

FOUR AND GO!

A-10 CHAMPS!

I was watching the Pitt/Villanova game the other day and I just don't think there's a team in the country we can't hang with.

We might surprise with a run to the Sweet 16 this year. Can't wait!

And I also can't wait to hear how you guys think I'm crazy. But I've said it all season long. Right, lloyddobbler?

While Rich, Xav and Tem will end up in some order 1, 2, 3, the critical game for who will end up #1 is the Rich game at Xav. The excitement is who ends up at #4. RI is likely to run the table and end up 11-5. RI plays Ford and Char at home and away at SBU and UMASS. It would be a surprise if RI does not run the table. Their RPI is 25 so the dance is likely for RI with a 4th place finish.

SLU is the only team that has a real shot at catching RI for fourth place. Beating DUQ at home is essential. Then we need a win against Xavier or Temple at home, or at Dayton. We could lose all three of those games but just one win gives us an 11-5 record and the tie breaker with RI. If we were to win 2 of those 3 we have a guaranteed fourth place finish or even better depending on the tie breakers. Some may think that unlikely but that is the excitement of having home games with XAV and TEM. The fact that we beat Richmond at home way back on January 9th certainly raises that possibility when you consider how the team has matured. Cassidy scoring, Salecich playing solid, Willie coming on strong, Ellis shooting 50% at the 3, and Kwamain being Kwamain. Conklin, Smith and Remekun have also earned respect.

The big question may be how Charlotte finishes. They play SJU and RICH at home and away at GW and RI. A 10-6 finish for CHAR is most likely. If we finish 10-6, we end up in sixth place loosing the tie breaker with CHAR. Assuming we win our home tournament game, a 5th place finish would mean a game against RI in the quarter finals and greatly increases the likelihood that we make the final four in the league tournament. A 6th place finish means we would have to beat one of the top 3 in order to make the semifinals. If we beat Xavier at home Wednesday, let the speculation begin. We have the toughest remaining schedule.

1. RICH 11-2 – @XAV, DAY, @CHAR

2. XAV 10-2 – @SLU, RICH, @FOR, SBU

2. TEM 10-2 – DAY, @LAS, @SLU, GW

4. SLU 9-3 – XAV, DUQ, TEM, @DAY

5. CHAR 8-4 – SJU, @GW, @RI, RICH

6. RI 7-5 – FOR, @SBU, CHAR, @UMASS

7. DAY 7-5 – @TEM, UMASS, @RICH, SLU

2-2 should get us the first round bye because we have the tie-breaker over RI. I think it would also firmly plant us in in the NIT, as 2-2 would be good enough to increase your RPI a few more spots. That being said, just win baby.