rickma's best game

billiken_roy

It's not about comparing them to rhode island, it's about your comments on the offense- they sound a lot like the talking heads on ESPN's thoughts about it, but the characterization of the offense as being as wild and crazy as the defense isn't correct. Mizzou actually runs a fairly "heady" offense which is centered on ball movement and open looks and easy buckets- not "jacking up shots without regard for the clock."

And Rhode Island is not one of the top 20-30 teams in the country.

Actually according to Pomeroy RI has a slightly more efficient offense than Mizzou.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ace i dont think cheesy wants to minimize our win. he doesnt like that i compared rhode island to the tigers style of play and is struggling with the fact rhode island is the higher ranked team of the two programs and has better players.

You could be comparing Mizzou to Syracuse or Kansas and I would still say you're wrong if you say that they "just jack up shots without any consideration." It's not about rhode island, it's about me thinking you don't know what mizzou's offense is like.

You could be comparing Mizzou to Syracuse or Kansas and I would still say you're wrong if you say that they "just jack up shots without any consideration." It's not about rhode island, it's about me thinking you don't know what mizzou's offense is like.

Mizzou's shot selection has been terrible most this season. Just listen to Gary Link every once in a while. He has really been on them. I do agree they run an offense, but I could see where someone would say they jack up shots without any consideration. It is all in the eye of the beholder.

you are right cheesy. mi$$ouri now utilizes the "Hickory Huskers" offense and anderson has taken to holding his game notes rolled up in his hand during the game to imulate gene hackman.

-roy started this whole session by making an incorrect statement "that we basically beat mizzou" - we didn't, we beat rhode island, then makes cheap comments (where did the bite occur?)

-he invited and baited the entire thread

-he blows a gasket if someone mentions UB but he continues to bring up mizzou, woops, i mean mi$$ou (speaking of living in the past, get over it)

-he thows an expletive laced tirade (not his first) and the board now has to have a cuss filter on it partly because he typically can't disagree with someone without calling them a name and/or using profanity (i am in favor of profanity when it serves the purpose)

-willie, maybe we do need to call you to duty

-roy started this whole session by making an incorrect statement "that we basically beat mizzou" - we didn't, we beat rhode island, then makes cheap comments (where did the bite occur?)

Why are we getting upset about someone baiting Mizzou fans on here. This is a SLU board last I looked. If people want to bait any other teams fans let them have at it. I have done it. This is the place to act like a fan of your team.

I just don't get why fans of other teams take the bait. I mean I understand jumping to your teams defense on a nuetral board, but it is sort of a fruitless effort to try to argue on another teams board. This isn't a general basketball board. This is a board for Billiken fans.

-he thows an expletive laced tirade (not his first) and the board now has to have a cuss filter on it partly because he typically can't disagree with someone without calling them a name and/or using profanity (i am in favor of profanity when it serves the purpose)

I don't agree at all with the quoted part of your post. Roy didn't use any profanity in this thread, so you are being too hard <break> on him (without the "break," the phrase would be filtered out). And the filter is NOT because of Roy in any way, shape, or fashion.

Why are we getting upset about someone baiting Mizzou fans on here. This is a SLU board last I looked. If people want to bait any other teams fans let them have at it. I have done it. This is the place to act like a fan of your team.

I just don't get why fans of other teams take the bait. I mean I understand jumping to your teams defense on a nuetral board, but it is sort of a fruitless effort to try to argue on another teams board. This isn't a general basketball board. This is a board for Billiken fans.

Yeah but apparently 60% of them are closeted mizzou fans with how often they come up. :)

-he blows a gasket if someone mentions UB but he continues to bring up mizzou, woops, i mean mi$$ou (speaking of living in the past, get over it)

-willie, maybe we do need to call you to duty

wrong cowboy, the filter was in place before i spanked narkiwitz for his bating.

and you dont see the amazing similarity to the tiger style?

you need glasses.

No ######. We are on the bubble of making the NCAA tournament and the longest threads of the day are about The Good Pie and Mizzou.

Get it together board.

SLU has a lot of work to do before seeing "Saint Louis" pop up in the 5 p.m. (CST) on March 14 becomes less of a pipe dream and more realistic. It's too bad Cody Ellis's clearance took so long, because wins over Iowa State (and possibly Northwestern, too), Missouri State, and Bowling Green most likely would have solidified SLU's bid.

Well...I for one am confident that both Steve "Stipo" Stipanovich and Mark Dressler, if they were Billikens, would start over Willie Reed and Cody Ellis! BTW; does anyone know if either Reed or Ellis are Catholic?

Nothing good be more irrelevant that the SLU players' choice of religion.

SLU has a lot of work to do before seeing "Saint Louis" pop up in the 5 p.m. (CST) on March 14 becomes less of a pipe dream and more realistic. It's too bad Cody Ellis's clearance took so long, because wins over Iowa State (and possibly Northwestern, too), Missouri State, and Bowling Green most likely would have solidified SLU's bid.

I mentioned the same thing to Backhand the other day...but he also turned the argument on me saying that we are lucky to have him after all the crap we had to go through. You can look at it both ways. I'm just glad we have him now because we wouldn't be in the position we are in. At least we have a shot and that is all that we can ask for having the youngest team in the country.

It's not "hard" but "hard" followed immediately by "on."

Steve, e-mail me the filter and I'll edit it to filter out just the offensive phrases. (Really, for me, it's just the F-word and maybe a few others. If anyone else has words they'd like NOT to see, shoot me a PM.)

Thicks there are a great deal more offensive posts, than just the f word. for instance "kyle takes his………." People here need to remember as wel become a good team many more people will view this board and either want to participate or become turned off. It is possible to be a rabid fan without being offensive. I would suggest encouraging grown intelligent people to clean it up police themselves etc….

Nothing good be more irrelevant that the SLU players' choice of religion.

I didn't mind the question too much. The context is a little strange....

I would say it's irrelevant if we're talking about a player's performance etc. But asking if they are Catholic is probably just asking to know more about them...I will take DKing's question at face value

I didn't mind the question too much. The context is a little strange....

I would say it's irrelevant if we're talking about a player's performance etc. But asking if they are Catholic is probably just asking to know more about them...I will take DKing's question at face value

did you not read his next post?

Mizzou's shot selection has been terrible most this season. Just listen to Gary Link every once in a while. He has really been on them. I do agree they run an offense, but I could see where someone would say they jack up shots without any consideration. It is all in the eye of the beholder.

If Gary Link is finding fualt with the Tigers, damnation is near....... I can't stand that pathetic yes-man......