rickma's best game

billiken_roy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A win over syracuse is impressive. Georgetown, impressive. Villanova, West Virginia, pitt- all impressive.

Would you be impressed if they had beaten depaul?

no that is true but with the competition that providence plays night in and night out, and being able to stay somewhat competitive with the big boys, you can't discredit them as a bad team.

cheesy is this lashing out about the fact that the billikens have beaten 3 current top 35 teams (richmond, dayton and rhode island) and the tigers have only beaten 2 (k-state and texas)? it's ok. no one is denying the tigers are higher ranked than the billikens right now. you dont have to panic yet. just because the billikens beat the tigers slightly better twin rhode island, no one is going to figure out the billikens are actually better this year yet. just make sure the tigers keep ducking the billikens in the non-conference season and they might be able to hold off the comparison by the casual fans for another year.

Providence is 12-14, and Boston College is 12-13. BCS Conference =/= quality. Just look at the pac 10.

ya well when you play in the best league against the best teams in the country that is boud to happen. but i would be willing to bet that if providence were in the a10 they would be near the top.

ya well when you play in the best league against the best teams in the country that is boud to happen. but i would be willing to bet that if providence were in the a10 they would be near the top.

but anyway im done talking about the big east. im here to talk about the bills and what an incredible opportunity they have in front of them. majerus is an amazing coach who really knows how to get the best out of his players which was proven Wed night.

i know providence beat george washington from the a-10 by 13 and we all know how good gw is this year. they did lose to rhode island, but rhode island is in first place in the smac a-10 and george washington is only in second place in the smac a-10. providence would therefore be the second best team in smac's a-10.

(i am not going to be the one to tell this smac guy that there are a bunch of other teams in the a-10. he is very content right now with providence finishing third second. let him go)

i know providence beat george washington from the a-10 by 13 and we all know how good gw is this year. they did lose to rhode island, but rhode island is in first place in the smac a-10 and george washington is only in second place in the smac a-10. providence would therefore be the second best team in smac's a-10.

(i am not going to be the one to tell this smac guy that there are a bunch of other teams in the a-10. he is very content right now with providence finishing third second. let him go)

ya that is exactly what i meant when i said "near the top." chill out man

and by the way as a former athlete that competed in the a10 im pretty sure i know there are more schools seeing as how ive been to each one of them. thanks though

and by the way as a former athlete that competed in the a10 im pretty sure i know there are more schools seeing as how ive been to each one of them. thanks though

i impressed. anyone else impressed.

It's not about comparing them to rhode island, it's about your comments on the offense- they sound a lot like the talking heads on ESPN's thoughts about it, but the characterization of the offense as being as wild and crazy as the defense isn't correct. Mizzou actually runs a fairly "heady" offense which is centered on ball movement and open looks and easy buckets- not "jacking up shots without regard for the clock."

And Rhode Island is not one of the top 20-30 teams in the country.

Thicks, here's one example where cheesy mentions Mizzou and in another, he references Arthur Johnson. It looks like you are the one with a little radar problem... and another thing... SPUMAC!

He's going to great lengths to minimize the SLU victory over URI. If you are ok with that, fine, but I thought this was BILLIKENS.com

ah I see how it is man. You can take shots at people but can't handle them yourself. That's cool I get it. Gotta save face in front of your posse or crew or whatever man.

i take a lot of shots on this board. probably more than anyone.

i just thought it was funny that as an anonomous poster with the moniker "smac15" you claim to be some sort of ex a-10 athlete and thus that settles it.

hell i could say i am an ex astronaut and went to the moon so i know it is made of cheese. that doesnt mean it is true.

Thicks, here's one example where cheesy mentions Mizzou and in another, he references Arthur Johnson. It looks like you are the one with a little radar problem... and another thing... SPUMAC!

He's going to great lengths to minimize the SLU victory over URI. If you are ok with that, fine, but I thought this was BILLIKENS.com

I'm not trying to minimize anything. Roy made a comment comparing Rhode Island's offense to Mizzou's, but his comparison was false in my view. I said as much.

Roy then responded by trashing Mizzou in comparison with Rhode Island, saying all of the tigers starters would be bench players. He also said that Arthur Johnson would make a decent bench option for the Billikens many years ago.

I said Rhode Island is overrated. That doesn't take anything away from SLU- it's a great win and SLU is doing really well. I hope they continue to do great, and I look forward to seeing them in the NCAA tournament next year and the year after (I'd love to see them in this year but that's somewhat of a longshot right now).

i take a lot of shots on this board. probably more than anyone.

i just thought it was funny that as an anonomous poster with the moniker "smac15" you claim to be some sort of ex a-10 athlete and thus that settles it.

hell i could say i am an ex astronaut and went to the moon so i know it is made of cheese. that doesnt mean it is true.

I think your assessment is slightly off- I'd rank it thusly:

1. Metz

2. Postcard

3. Me

4. Billiken Roy

ace i dont think cheesy wants to minimize our win. he doesnt like that i compared rhode island to the tigers style of play and is struggling with the fact rhode island is the higher ranked team of the two programs and has better players.

The highlighted portion says a lot about your maturity level.

Yes, cheesy mentioned Mizzou — in response to Roy's comparison. A fair mention, I think. So rather than jumping on cheesy, jump on Roy.

Considering that Missouri (along with Illinois) is considered one of St. Louis's teams and receives ample coverage in the St. Louis media, all local SLU fans are inundated with exposure to Missouri, so it may be severe to think that they'd never be mentioned or discussed here. Hey, in Tom's blog today he writes about how he won't be on the Billikens' trip to UMass but will be in Lincoln, Nebraska, covering the Mizzou game for the Post-Dispatch.

Let's be honest, the first two on that list earned their spots and there's a large gap between 2nd and 3rd place.

cheesy, i have to agree with moy. you are being way too ###### yourself.

h - a - r - d earns the filter? my gosh.

It's not "hard" but "hard" followed immediately by "on."

Steve, e-mail me the filter and I'll edit it to filter out just the offensive phrases. (Really, for me, it's just the F-word and maybe a few others. If anyone else has words they'd like NOT to see, shoot me a PM.)