rickma's best game

billiken_roy

I'm new at this so forgive me for not understanding the connection but what is the deal with Missouri? We haven't played them. Is it just a Missouri comparison?

Rhode Island's style of play was being compared to UM, which is a pretty accurate comparison. URI's freshman Richmond is going to a handful during his career.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you're right.

1.Metz

2. Postcard

3. Me

4. Roy

Cheesy, you are definitely not in that category. The number 2 ranked person on your list should definitely be one. Never talks basketball, is dishonest about his allegiance and is only interested in being disruptive. At least Metz is a SLU fan and will talk basketball sometimes, so he is much further down the list. You are much further down the list from those two. I see where you are coming from, but why do you care what Roy says about your team? Not everybody is going to like or respect your program, especially not Roy, and you are not going to change his mind.

The highlighted portion says a lot about your maturity level.

Yes, cheesy mentioned Mizzou — in response to Roy's comparison. A fair mention, I think. So rather than jumping on cheesy, jump on Roy.

Considering that Missouri (along with Illinois) is considered one of St. Louis's teams and receives ample coverage in the St. Louis media, all local SLU fans are inundated with exposure to Missouri, so it may be severe to think that they'd never be mentioned or discussed here. Hey, in Tom's blog today he writes about how he won't be on the Billikens' trip to UMass but will be in Lincoln, Nebraska, covering the Mizzou game for the Post-Dispatch.

Oh please. First you call me out with a false statement - "Where has cheesy mentioned Mizzou in this thread?" Even cheesy said your statement was wrong. Rather than admitting your bad or simply dropping it, you have to start back in with the charge of "immaturity." Get real. I mentioned SPUMAC in response for calling me out with a false statement. Apparently your own "radar" needs a little adjustment since it seems to be set on hyper-sensitive. I don't think you are one who should be lecturing about maturity considering you are the guy who recently made a joke about RM's wiener... and then went looking for response from the board after nobody replied to that dud.

Why are we getting upset about someone baiting Mizzou fans on here. This is a SLU board last I looked. If people want to bait any other teams fans let them have at it. I have done it. This is the place to act like a fan of your team.

I just don't get why fans of other teams take the bait. I mean I understand jumping to your teams defense on a nuetral board, but it is sort of a fruitless effort to try to argue on another teams board. This isn't a general basketball board. This is a board for Billiken fans.

+1,000 Somebody gets it.

Oh please. First you call me out with a false statement - "Where has cheesy mentioned Mizzou in this thread?" Even cheesy said your statement was wrong. Rather than admitting your bad or simply dropping it, you have to start back in with the charge of "immaturity." Get real. I mentioned SPUMAC in response for calling me out with a false statement. Apparently your own "radar" needs a little adjustment since it seems to be set on hyper-sensitive. I don't think you are one who should be lecturing about maturity considering you are the guy who recently made a joke about RM's wiener... and then went looking for response from the board after nobody replied to that dud.

It was and is immature.

And I didn't make a joke about Coach Majerus's "wiener." I'm sure he eats plenty of those. I made a joke about how much enjoys coaching basketball practice.

I don't think the joke was a dud as much as people didn't know how to read it.

What does it matter who we bait?

Why bait at all? But if we must bait, wouldn't it make more sense to bait teams that play our team — those with fans which might come to the board and take the bait? Why Cheesycow and MUTGR come to this board at all, unless they have some small interest in SLU, seems strange. That's probably the point, but then they see the jabs at their favorite team and feel the need to respond.

As an aside, when I go to Tigerboard, I go to read about Missouri, but occasionally someone will bait me into discussion about SLU there because they've posted something negative about SLU or Coach Majerus there.

Why bait at all? But if we must bait, wouldn't it make more sense to bait teams that play our team — those with fans which might come to the board and take the bait? Why Cheesycow and MUTGR come to this board at all, unless they have some small interest in SLU, seems strange. That's probably the point, but then they see the jabs at their favorite team and feel the need to respond.

As an aside, when I go to Tigerboard, I go to read about Missouri, but occasionally someone will bait me into discussion about SLU there because they've posted something negative about SLU or Coach Majerus there.

I always felt your own team's message board should be the place for smack talk. I could care less if somebody who likes another team better gets offended. If you don't like it ignore it. If Tiger fans want to talk smack about SLU on Tigerboard let them. It is their house.

I always felt your own team's message board should be the place for smack talk. I could care less if somebody who likes another team better gets offended. If you don't like it ignore it. If Tiger fans want to talk smack about SLU on Tigerboard let them. It is their house.

I usually do ignore it, at both sites. Even so, I think Cheesy isn't a bad poster, most of the time, so I stick up for him if I think it's warranted.

I usually do ignore it, at both sites. Even so, I think Cheesy isn't a bad poster, most of the time, so I stick up for him if I think it's warranted.

I don't think Cheesy is a bad poster at all. I have no problem with him. He pokes at some fans every once and a while, but seems to be more than willing to take it right back.

What does it matter who we bait?

It never seems to bother the moderator when we get into it with fans from SIU, Missouri State or A-10 teams. Those fans tend to go away after we play them. The fans of a certain program that has been plagued by scandals, who we don't even play, continue to linger, seeking approval and admiration from SLU fans. If they would go away or simply not respond, there wouldn't be an issue. Personally, I rarely initiate the interaction with these people, but I will respond if they feel compelled to jump into a thread on BILLIKENS.COM. I agree that cheesy is not all bad... after all he did correct the moderator for directing a false statment at me. I think cheesy understands he is entering enemy territory. He can handle himself and doesn't need somebody to "stick up" for him.

It never seems to bother the moderator when we get into it with fans from SIU, Missouri State or A-10 teams. Those fans tend to go away after we play them. The fans of a certain program that has been plagued by scandals, who we don't even play, continue to linger, seeking approval and admiration from SLU fans. If they would go away or simply not respond, there wouldn't be an issue. Personally, I rarely initiate the interaction with these people, but I will respond if they feel compelled to jump into a thread on BILLIKENS.COM. I agree that cheesy is not all bad... after all he did correct the moderator for directing a false statment at me. I think cheesy understands he is entering enemy territory. He can handle himself and doesn't need somebody to "stick up" for him.

There's more than one moderator at billikens.com. Using "the moderator" is imprecise.