OT: Midtown Development

Pistol

Combined with a possible IKEA at Forest Park and Vandeventer and continued investment in the CORTEX district to the west, the area south of Forest Park Parkway could be completely transformed within a few years.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Combined with a possible IKEA at Forest Park and Vandeventer and continued investment in the CORTEX district to the west, the area south of Forest Park Parkway could be completely transformed within a few years.

Game changer. But this isn't the first time we've heard about the possibility of such a development. Getting rid of the Federal Mogul mess (does anyone remember what campus would smell like if the wind was from the south) is key.

There's talk of two significant residential developments on the north side of Forest Park Parkway - one at Forest Park and Vandeventer (the current site of the Gas House Car Wash) and another just east of Spring (on a site originally proposed for a hotel - UCan2 mentioned it a few weeks ago: Link).

• 3 months later...

More development coming to Grand Center - 108 market rate apartments + 25,000 sf of retail space in the Missouri Theater building just south of Powell Hall. The project will also include a parking garage on the adjacent lot.

Also, the owners of the Fox are looking to build a garage on the lot to the west of the University Plaza Apartments. The garage will include retail space and "other elements," whatever that means.

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/morning_call/2013/11/grand-center-to-sell-missouri-theater.html

• 2 months later...

Gee, I hope not.

I bought one of, if not the last penguin tshirt for 3$ yesterday. They still have plenty of polos for the same price, though they close for good this Friday so you'll need to hurry if you want a souvenir. Not sure when QT opens or where to wash the car.

Jesus H. Christ. I was going to post the exact same thing earlier today but got distracted. (I can prove it; I did post that exact same thing on Facebook two days ago!)

I believe Cardinal Car Wash in Rock Hill does that deal, but I'm not 100 percent sure. Are all 16 of your cars red? I can see how that would be a significant cost savings for you.

I believe Cardinal Car Wash in Rock Hill does that deal, but I'm not 100 percent sure. Are all 16 of your cars red? I can see how that would be a significant cost savings for you.

No, but the Penguin also did deals like black cars free on certain Fridays. I could generally get the whole fleet washed within a month, with numerous takeout dinners from Pappy's. D