Thompson to SE Louisiana

Taj79

I read with interest TreyT3's remarks over on the other thread. I agree that what Brett was feeling based on what was being said was tough. I'll take it with a grain of salt, however, not being there in person to see it, hear it or live it. If Brett is happy, good for him. I am sure misperceptions might cut both ways. Some guys respond well to boots in the *ss, others need constant pats on the back. It is a really good coach who not only knows the difference, but recognizes when to use what tactic. I also don't know RM's preferred modus operandi. Maybe he only blows the one way. In any case, what's done is done. Probably good to have no-fault insurance.

But SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA! Certainly ain't going ot be any pressure there, that's for surre. Patrick Sullivan was their center at 6'9" and will be a senior next year. He was second on the team in scoring, outpaced by a guy who only played 14 games for whatever reason last year and has graduated Next tallest guy on the roster is 6'7" so Brett will be biggest man down there. Knocking heads with some behemoth programs down in the Southland. Talk about being a "buy" school. Road trips to Stephen F. Austin, Nicholls State, Sam Houston State, Corpus Christi, all the Texas directional schools and locational venues like Texas State and Texas-San Antonio. Central Arkansas as well. Why not just call that Little Rock? Its about the only thing in Arkansas and its Central. No connection to the St. Louis area that I can see in terms of coaches and/or curent players. Wonder if TreyT3 can add any insight as to why this place. Located in Hammond, LA, forty miles east of Baton Rouge, I'd be willing to bet that its not even in the top ten basketball playing schools in the state of Louisiana.

Out of coference opponents last year included at Arkansas, at Texas Tech, at Minnesota, at Auburn, and at LSU. Only folks that came into Hammond to play were the likes of Miles, Dillard, Southern-New Orleans, Milsaps and Jackson State. Short of a four game winning streak to end the regular season, five of the teams nine wins came against these lesser dogs when they came to town. Frankly, this is quite a thud, in terms of falling basketball talent.

I would definitely say Brett must have a passion for basketball. He's gonna need it here.

I read with interest TreyT3's remarks over on the other thread. I agree that what Brett was feeling based on what was being said was tough. I'll take it with a grain of salt, however, not being there in person to see it, hear it or live it. If Brett is happy, good for him. I am sure misperceptions might cut both ways. Some guys respond well to boots in the *ss, others need constant pats on the back. It is a really good coach who not only knows the difference, but recognizes when to use what tactic. I also don't know RM's preferred modus operandi. Maybe he only blows the one way. In any case, what's done is done. Probably good to have no-fault insurance.

But SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA! Certainly ain't going ot be any pressure there, that's for surre. Patrick Sullivan was their center at 6'9" and will be a senior next year. He was second on the team in scoring, outpaced by a guy who only played 14 games for whatever reason last year and has graduated Next tallest guy on the roster is 6'7" so Brett will be biggest man down there. Knocking heads with some behemoth programs down in the Southland. Talk about being a "buy" school. Road trips to Stephen F. Austin, Nicholls State, Sam Houston State, Corpus Christi, all the Texas directional schools and locational venues like Texas State and Texas-San Antonio. Central Arkansas as well. Why not just call that Little Rock? Its about the only thing in Arkansas and its Central. No connection to the St. Louis area that I can see in terms of coaches and/or curent players. Wonder if TreyT3 can add any insight as to why this place. Located in Hammond, LA, forty miles east of Baton Rouge, I'd be willing to bet that its not even in the top ten basketball playing schools in the state of Louisiana.

Out of coference opponents last year included at Arkansas, at Texas Tech, at Minnesota, at Auburn, and at LSU. Only folks that came into Hammond to play were the likes of Miles, Dillard, Southern-New Orleans, Milsaps and Jackson State. Short of a four game winning streak to end the regular season, five of the teams nine wins came against these lesser dogs when they came to town. Frankly, this is quite a thud, in terms of falling basketball talent.

I would definitely say Brett must have a passion for basketball. He's gonna need it here.

that is exactly what I was thinking. Bret really must have lost his confidence, I can't believe he wouldn't take his time and come up with a better school

Brett has family from Louisianna so I'm sure that played into his decision.

that is exactly what I was thinking. Bret really must have lost his confidence, I can't believe he wouldn't take his time and come up with a better school

Is Southeast Louisiana a D-1 school? and if so, won't BT have to sit out a year? Why not JUCO and then come back to D1?

Is Southeast Louisiana a D-1 school? and if so, won't BT have to sit out a year? Why not JUCO and then come back to D1?

It is D-I, and is a member of the Southland Conference. There are two divisions in the Southland, each with 6 teams. Stephen F. Austin and Sam Houston State are normally the two best teams in this conference. Most schools are in Texas, with a few in Louisiana and one in Arkansas. It does seem like an unusual move but I believe his dad lives down there.

I'm such a nerd that I played this basketball sim game and I was the coach of UT Arlington (Southland Con) and faced off against the Lions on a regular basis. I picked UTA in order to start off at the lowest of the low teams in order of prestige. UTA actually plays on a b-ball court that is on a stage in a theater. Those a#$ chewings must've been really bad to transfer there. Maybe I should rethink my position on Majerus' motivation methods because this is really bad.

I project that Brett Thompson will be all-Southland his junior and senior seasons, including player of the year his senior year. And Southeastern Louisiana will make the NCAA Tournament at least his senior season. I'm not saying, though, that SLU fans will regret his departure so much. However, I do find the trends surrounding Coach Majerus's "style" unpleasant.

I'm such a nerd that I played this basketball sim game and I was the coach of UT Arlington (Southland Con) and faced off against the Lions on a regular basis. I picked UTA in order to start off at the lowest of the low teams in order of prestige. UTA actually plays on a b-ball court that is on a stage in a theater. Those a#$ chewings must've been really bad to transfer there. Maybe I should rethink my position on Majerus' motivation methods because this is really bad.

UTA is my hometown school. I had my HS graduation in that theater/gym. Go Movin Mavs

NewOrleans.com has now pulled their story on Brett tranferring to SELA. But, the SELA coach must have read about the big guy falling into his lap last night - he made a call to the Thompson household today to see if he would "reconsider" SELA.

STill it's strange they'd just make this up out of the blue. It would be like Timmerman writing the day after Tyus said he was leaving FL that he was coming to SLU because his parents live here.

STill it's strange they'd just make this up out of the blue. It would be like Timmerman writing the day after Tyus said he was leaving FL that he was coming to SLU because his parents live here.

I used to read New Orleans.com when I lived on the Gulf Coast. I was surprised they had the scoop on Brett. It is an excellent source for happenings in NOLA (like best and new restaurants, whose playing in the jazz/blues clubs, newest animal at the Audobon Zoo, etc..) but sports are kind of weak. So someone had to call them which makes think he will end at Southeast LA. Times-Picayune is better for New Orleans sports.

I don't know where the writer for neworleans.com got his info, but it was not from the Thompson family.

They did not even talk to the coach at SELA till after the article was printed and then retracted.

I want to do rumors! I heard that TL3 is going to be finishing up his degree at SELA. Then after a tour in Iraq, he and Brett are going to be shrimpin' boat captains. KL's going to get his legs blown off and make his peace with God that day.

Oh, Jenny, he's so smart...

I want to do rumors! I heard that TL3 is going to be finishing up his degree at SELA. Then after a tour in Iraq, he and Brett are going to be shrimpin' boat captains. KL's going to get his legs blown off and make his peace with God that day.

Also, I heard that Theresa and Trent broke up.

I heard (from reliable sources I might add but who wish to remain annonamoose (like in Bullwinkle) that Thompson will return to STL, play for SLCC and play under a Mafia name (Capone to be correct) and put out a contract on RM. Then he will tranfer to another D1 powerhouse (Fontbonne).

I heard (from reliable sources I might add but who wish to remain annonamoose (like in Bullwinkle) that Thompson will return to STL, play for SLCC and play under a Mafia name (Capone to be correct) and put out a contract on RM. Then he will tranfer to another D1 powerhouse (Fontbonne).

I told sillybilly that. I don't remember where I heard it. It's true, though.

Did you hear the one about susan?

some say she's much too loose

that came straight from a guy

who claims he's tastin' her juice

Did you hear the one about Michael?

Some say he must be gay

I tried to argue but they said

if he were straight he would'nt move that way

Did you hear the one about Susan?

some say she's just a tease

in a camosal she's six feet tall

she'll knock you to you knees..

Did you hear the one about susan?

some say she's much too loose

that came straight from a guy

who claims he's tastin' her juice

Did you hear the one about Michael?

Some say he must be gay

I tried to argue but they said

if he were straight he would'nt move that way

Did you hear the one about Susan?

some say she's just a tease

in a camosal she's six feet tall

she'll knock you to you knees..

CAN IT. I'm on conf. calls all day and I can't be snorting into the phone reading your crap. :P